2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 01:54
If that’s the actual difference it’s hard to believe they did as well as they did last year. Great job on figuring out the problems and addressing them during the season.. I’m sure the car from the last race of the season wouldn’t look as bad vs. the sf24
Of course, but that was the result of many months of analysis and setup understanding, on top of multiple upgrades aimed at increasing the operating window of the car.

This time they can focus on adding performance to the SF 24 so i'm expecting a much better car at the end of this season

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

This is a bit of a pointless question, but how much faster do you think the SF-24 will get come Abu Dhabi 2024? On that note: Do we expect to be able to fight in 2025 with the Red Bulls? Long way away, but just curious to know what people in here think might happen

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SoulPancake13 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 02:27
This is a bit of a pointless question, but how much faster do you think the SF-24 will get come Abu Dhabi 2024? On that note: Do we expect to be able to fight in 2025 with the Red Bulls? Long way away, but just curious to know what people in here think might happen
2nd question depends on the gap in Bahrain.
A lion must kill its prey.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

No one is touching RB with these regulations.
And given the next regulation set is ground-effect based still, I don't think anyone's touching RB for as long as Newey working for them.

deadhead

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 03:05
And given the next regulation set is ground-effect based still, I don't think anyone's touching RB for as long as Newey working for them.
2026 would very much depend on the PU situation, so id you believe RB will have a competitive PU from the start, then yes, it’s reasonable to expect them to be very good, but if that’s not the case, there isn’t much they can do until they sort the power.

KimiRai
KimiRai

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
Trying to be optimistic, aero will be cut in significant margins meaning the engine will proportionally become more important, so the "Newey effect" could be a bit lower. And like the previous poster said Red Bull could potentially have just a tiny bit more difficulties with the engine, so there's reason to have some hope :lol:
Last edited by KimiRai on 26 Feb 2024, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

deadhead wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
2026 would very much depend on the PU situation, so id you believe RB will have a competitive PU from the start, then yes, it’s reasonable to expect them to be very good, but if that’s not the case, there isn’t much they can do until they sort the power.
Marko was very bullish in interviews wrt to their 2026 PU.

wowgr8
wowgr8

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
It's wild how we're in this situation considering the rules are extra stringent and designed to prevent this very situation. Red Bull's domination is actually worse than what we had with Mercedes before, WITHOUT that big engine advantage that Merc had. Also odd how they aren't doing anything to reign in the RB when nerfing dominant cars is part of the sport. I understand keeping the rules stable is what's meant to close up the field, but they also went against that with TD039 and all the other 2023 changes, what's the point?

Xyz22
Xyz22

wowgr8 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 13:04
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
It's wild how we're in this situation considering the rules are extra stringent and designed to prevent this very situation. Red Bull's domination is actually worse than what we had with Mercedes before, WITHOUT that big engine advantage that Merc had. Also odd how they aren't doing anything to reign in the RB when nerfing dominant cars is part of the sport. I understand keeping the rules stable is what's meant to close up the field, but they also went against that with TD039 and all the other 2023 changes, what's the point?
The real issue of these regulations is that only one concept work. Back in the previous reg cycle you had two major different concepts working as RB/Fer were quite different compared to the MB.

With the ground effect, you can immediately see the massive jump in performance by switching to the "RB concept".

wowgr8
wowgr8

Xyz22 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 13:41
The real issue of these regulations is that only one concept work. Back in the previous reg cycle you had two major different concepts working as RB/Fer were quite different compared to the MB.

With the ground effect, you can immediately see the massive jump in performance by switching to the "RB concept".
Early 2022 we had the Ferrari concept that worked, but then the rulemakers foolishly destroyed that and plunged us into nonstop RB dominance.

scuderiabrandon

wowgr8 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 13:49
Xyz22 wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 13:41

Early 2022 we had the Ferrari concept that worked, but then the rulemakers foolishly destroyed that and plunged us into nonstop RB dominance.
The rulemakers aka Toto Wolff

Anyways even if '22 and '23 went without the rulec hange I still see Ferrari ending up abandoning that concept in '24.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

The thing I’m most annoyed is not even more stringent tests of the plank, but absolutely unnecessary and stupid changes to floor edges and diffuser throat. Just…why?

Not only it made RB the only viable concept, it forced teams to make more complex floor edges that resulted in more dirty air. As a result we have worse racing AND slower cars. Bravo.

FDD
FDD

SoulPancake13 wrote:
Optimistic scenario
1. 1,5 sec
2. Expect to be able to fight RB

organic

There will be a lot of development this year and this is a new and seemingly somewhat unrefined platform with hopefully a new, steep development curve

zeroday

SoulPancake13 wrote:
1. It'll be faster. Every year cars get faster at Abu vs season start. At least 0.5sec faster
2. At Abu u are likely looking at what the 2025 car will be cuz most attention will have already focused on 2026. So whatever the pecking order is come Abu, is pretty much what it will be in 2025. Statistically, it's virtually impossible that anyone will be beating RB (in terms of champs) before 2026. So, if you want a sure $1 million all-in bet it is this! Sad but true. I'll just be happy take a few podiums combined until 2026 because even for GP wins i think its highly unlikely (possible, but just unlikely).