Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 13:44
...they will not sack him during the weekend and most probably not before the Saudi weekend which is just round the corner.
And why would they sack him? Did they say he is guilty?
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

It be interesting if it is brushed away, but then more details come out, I am reminded of Toto's words.

“I think it’s clear Formula 1, and that the team’s too, we stand for inclusion, equality, fairness, diversity, and it’s not only about talking about it but living it day in and day out. I think this is the standard that we set ourselves."

yener

Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:01
basti313 wrote:
...they will not sack him during the weekend and most probably not before the Saudi weekend which is just round the corner.
If the allegations amongst him where anywhere close to true, he should resign or get fired immediately.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Wouter

yener wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:08
Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:01
basti313 wrote:
If the allegations amongst him where anywhere close to true, he should resign or get fired immediately.
Do you know what the allegations amongst him are? Please tell me. I didn't read anything from RB GmbH or their laywers.
Only gossip and assumptions on not so reliable newssites/tabbloids.
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:07
It be interesting if it is brushed away, but then more details come out, I am reminded of Toto's words.

“I think it’s clear Formula 1, and that the team’s too, we stand for inclusion, equality, fairness, diversity, and it’s not only about talking about it but living it day in and day out. I think this is the standard that we set ourselves."
Toto and Horner are so alike in some way this really has nothing to do with Toto or Merc but keeps making comments - a lot like Horner does too when it suits sometimes painful but has overall been good for their teams

Oleo
Oleo

f1jcw wrote:

And you believe these people when they spout this nonsense from their yachts and mansions? :lol:
They care about themselves and their backpockets.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:19
f1jcw wrote:

Toto and Horner are so alike in some way this really has nothing to do with Toto or Merc but keeps making comments - a lot like Horner does too when it suits sometimes painful but has overall been good for their teams
No, he quoted speech is very very relevant. If F1 looks to hold itself of high standards, then further details come out after Redbull have kept him on, then all these fancy words are for nothing. Ford didn't make it's threats for nothing, we are no longer in the 60s and 70s and things like this are no longer easily brushed under the carpet.

As Toto says, it is easy talking about it, but have to put those words into action.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Oleo wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:22
f1jcw wrote:

And you believe these people when they spout this nonsense from their yachts and mansions? :lol:
Maybe some do, maybe some don't, but it is very relevant to viewers and sponsors.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:24
Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:19
f1jcw wrote:

No, he quoted speech is very very relevant. If F1 looks to hold itself of high standards, then further details come out after Redbull have kept him on, then all these fancy words are for nothing. Ford didn't make it's threats for nothing, we are no longer in the 60s and 70s and things like this are no longer easily brushed under the carpet.

As Toto says, it is easy talking about it, but have to put those words into action.
Is Toto the golf standard of morality? He is as big an opportunist as Horner is.

So for the details are only someone's imagination. No doubt if Horner is cleared and then if again some details come out, they are as good as the ones that have been created so far. If there is evidence, he will be incriminated, if not he is as innocent as anyone else is, regardless of what some people think of him.

Any details that come after the decision is made, is as useless as the discarded rubber on the track, to say in F1 terms.

Redragon

Some people have speculated so hard that need to be true. But there are already comments about cover up. Because he couldn't be innocent at all. Wikipedia was updated 4 hours ago, lol and they couldn't contradict themselves so much.

"On 5 February 2024, Red Bull confirmed that Horner was facing an investigation following allegations of inappropriate behaviour. The complaint, which Red Bull stated it takes "extremely seriously", prompted an independent inquiry. The specific nature of the allegations were not officially disclosed."

It is going to be interested any outcome of it, inocent or not

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:32

Any details that come after the decision is made, is as useless as the discarded rubber on the track, to say in F1 terms.
No, the world doesn't work that way.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:37
mendis wrote:

Neither does the world works the way one individual thinks. :D

chrisc90

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:37
mendis wrote:

Of course it does. Does the public have to be informed of every complaint made to any company? If I made a complaint about someone high up in a massive retail store, and that complaint was settled…. Should you get to know about it? Absolutely not.

If Red Bull settle the claim, then it’s done and dusted with. If someone forgot to provide their evidence during the initial complaint - then don’t come running back months later saying I missed this bit of evidence.

There’s very little chance that the details will be made public. Fans just need to have faith in the internal (and external lawyers) investigation and live with whatever the outcome is.

Watto
Watto

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:25
Oleo wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:22
f1jcw wrote:

Maybe some do, maybe some don't, but it is very relevant to viewers and sponsors.
Which is why Ford and the FIA have every right to ask questions about what’s going on Toto/Merc are not a sponsor etc of RBR

Quantum

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:41

The complainant takes this to court and you have a massive headache.
Unless the plan is Red Bull paying her off to remain silent. The problem with that course of action is there's no absolution for Horner, and if he's innocent he wouldn't want that to be casting a shadow over the rest of his F1 career.
"Interplay of triads"