Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Quantum wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:58
mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:41

Any details that come after the decision is made, is as useless as the discarded rubber on the track, to say in F1 terms.

The complainant takes this to court and you have a massive headache.
Unless the plan is Red Bull paying her off to remain silent. The problem with that course of action is there's no absolution for Horner, and if he's innocent he wouldn't want that to be casting a shadow over the rest of his F1 career.
and it seems people are happy with paying off to keep silent. Gobsmacking.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Watto wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:49
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:25
Oleo wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:22

And you believe these people when they spout this nonsense from their yachts and mansions? :lol:
They care about themselves and their backpockets.
Maybe some do, maybe some don't, but it is very relevant to viewers and sponsors.
Which is why Ford and the FIA have every right to ask questions about what’s going on Toto/Merc are not a sponsor etc of RBR
No, but as he pointed out, if F1 and FIA make declarations of equality and fairness, that it can't just be pretty speeches, such words need to be met with actions.

mendis
mendis

Quantum wrote:
mendis wrote:

Any details that come after the decision is made, is as useless as the discarded rubber on the track, to say in F1 terms.

Unless the plan is Red Bull paying her off to remain silent. The problem with that course of action is there's no absolution for Horner, and if he's innocent he wouldn't want that to be casting a shadow over the rest of his F1 career.
If the accuser goes to court with substantial evidence after Horner is cleared, then not just Horner, even Red Bull GmbH would be in trouble for incorrectly handling the case. As this is already being investigated by a Lawyer and if he/she doesn't find incriminating evidence, then accuser doesn't have a solid ground go to court. If the accuser somehow produces new evidence admissable in court, beyond what's originally used in this investigation, then it's a different story and law takes it's own course. If the accuser shuts the mouth by taking money, then they would obtain a clearance letter from the accuser, making it impossible to go court. It would then go down as someone harassing an upright man for the sake of money. :D

chrisc90

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:02
Quantum wrote:
mendis wrote:

Any evidence of that other than media or your own speculations?? Gobsmacking.

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:06
Quantum wrote:
mendis wrote:

If the accuser goes to court with substantial evidence after Horner is cleared, then not just Horner, even Red Bull GmbH would be in trouble for incorrectly handling the case. As this is already being investigated by a Lawyer and if he/she doesn't find incriminating evidence, then accuser doesn't have a solid ground go to court. If the accuser somehow produces new evidence admissable in court, beyond what's originally used in this investigation, then it's a different story and law takes it's own course. If the accuser shuts the mouth by taking money, then they would obtain a clearance letter from the accuser, making it impossible to go court. It would then go down as someone harassing an upright man for the sake of money. :D
Really. You don't have any moral issues with what you've just written?

f1jcw
f1jcw

chrisc90 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:08
f1jcw wrote:
Quantum wrote:

I am going by posters in here talking about "payoffs" as a way for Horner to continue.

chrisc90

f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:09
chrisc90 wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

I am going by posters in here talking about "payoffs" as a way for Horner to continue.

So no concrete evidence then? Just rumours.

f1jcw
f1jcw

chrisc90 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:10
f1jcw wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:09
chrisc90 wrote:

So no concrete evidence then? Just rumours.
Discussions in here, going by what people are saying. I think we are all going by the same reports.

Redragon

f1jcw wrote:
mendis wrote:
Quantum wrote:

This is just my opinion.

If there was a strong case against Horner would be already on court rooms.

If there was a money offer to settle down, means Horner is not innocent. So the accuser could go to court by rejecting it and have it as proof he approach her with the money. Building even more a strong case.

If the accuser accepts the money, there is not afterwards, would be difficult for a court to accept she already got paid but now there is new case or proofs.

If Horner believes is innocent, no money is offered to settle down. Just leave it for the investigation to clear you.

So far, the money is speculation, the matter of the investigation is speculation as no official statement have been confirmed the theme of the investigation. And every journalist that states they know, they don't, they are just feeded with the tells of one side or the other.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
mendis wrote:
Quantum wrote:

If the person accepting money to shut the mouth has no problem, why should I. Besides, i have no data, evidence or first hand information to know who is right or who is wrong. So I have no moral obligation to crucify one over the other. In case this is closed behind the doors, without public access to information, everyone is left to their own imagination. You might think Horner is wrong, others might think the accuser was the problem. Either ways, I don't care because I don't have any first hand information.

basti313
basti313

Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 14:01
basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 13:44
...they will not sack him during the weekend and most probably not before the Saudi weekend which is just round the corner.
And why would they sack him? Did they say he is guilty?
I do not think they will sack him. I think they will not, otherwise they would have done so already.

I also think that many assumptions are just made up nonsense. But judging the basically public investigation, there is something going on. I do not necessarily believe that it is sexual as many assume, might be inappropriate in many other ways like ethnicity, pregnancy, working attitude....
But...whatever it is...there is some $hit on his shoe...

My current bet is...they try to make it go away with money. If this does not work, they play on time...

I do not believe the theory that everyone is against Horner, but only the 51% owner backs him. Even if this is true, they can not do anything but the above...and see what happens once the $hit hits the fan.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Cs98
Cs98

basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:32
Wouter wrote:
basti313 wrote:
...they will not sack him during the weekend and most probably not before the Saudi weekend which is just round the corner.
I do not think they will sack him. I think they will not, otherwise they would have done so already.

I also think that many assumptions are just made up nonsense. But judging the basically public investigation, there is something going on. I do not necessarily believe that it is sexual as many assume, might be inappropriate in many other ways like ethnicity, pregnancy, working attitude....

My current bet is...they try to make it go away with money. If this does not work, they play on time...

I do not believe the theory that everyone is against Horner, but only the 51% owner backs him. Even if this is true, they can not do anything but the above...and see what happens once the $hit hits the fan.
"They" don't seem to be united on the issue, hence the stalling. If the Thai side is just digging their heels in to protect Horner it could get ugly.

zeroday

basti313 wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:32
Wouter wrote:
basti313 wrote:

Yea i too believe this will go away. Is Horner guilty of something? I'm sure he is. But there is nothing $money can't buy off. Everyone has a price. Personally, i think Horner is too valuable for RB to lose. Pay the person (victim) whatever s/he wants -- blank check'em -- they will accept....they always do.

And then let time do its thing. One consistent thing about F1 fans and related media, show a new shiny object and they will always get distracted away. Every. Single. Time.

Best guess what is going on is RB is just crossing their Tees and dotting their I's on the obligatory cookie-cut canned press release which will exonerate Horner. Found nothing wrong blah blah AI generated filler speak. F1 moves on to the next distraction. Finally!

All indirect indications seem to be going in that direction. Highly unlikely he gets fired.

This case might as well already closed. And good riddance. Everyone in this incident seem will be making off happy. tbf, Horner's marriage seem like its collapsing, but that's statistically common in the world (ie. divorces)..so it was bound to happen anyway.

f1jcw
f1jcw

zeroday wrote:
28 Feb 2024, 15:48

So basically F1 and the teams fine words about equality and how we must live up to standards is all false, as soon as they fall foul, instead of fixing the environment they sweep it away with money.

Quantum

mendis wrote:
That's the concern for Red Bull Gmbh. Less so I imagine for Chalerm Yoovidhya(majority owner).
Yoovidhya though has form of making problems disappear for sums of cash according to Vice.
In 2012, the dead policeman’s brother signed a contract with the Yoovidhyas to receive 3 million baht ($96,600) in compensation. In exchange, his family agreed to not initiate criminal or civil charges over his brother’s death—though this didn’t shield them from a case brought by Thai prosecutors.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkgg87/ ... nd-killing

The complainant has been quoted by Telegraaf as having lawyers and ready for court action pending Red Bull's decision. The Telegraph also say they've seen the evidence. It's defamatory to suggest Horner offered a 600k pay off, if they have no evidence of it.
Is this a collusive effort between complainant and paper to fabricate allegations for money, or do they have evidence?
If the Barrister has found no wrongdoing in their report that will become evidence in a court, where an actual judge makes the decision, not the Barrister.
For the Yoovidhya side it's par for course, for RB GMbh it's catastrophe. No global company wants an embarrassing court case where the boss of a subsidiary is on trial. Not even after a supposedly neutral legal eagle investigates and then disappears on holiday for a over a week.
If Horner is absolved of wrongdoing when the facts come out, it should be goodnight Vienna for Telegraaf and the complainant. The telegraaf would know that too.
"Interplay of triads"