Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Don’t see Ferrari taking CH Lewis is on record as saying his relationship with Vassur was a big reason for the switch.

May have chased his few years ago too much has changed since then

codetower

f1jcw wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:56
codetower wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:50
littlebigcat wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:41

That doesn’t hold water. She was taking screenshots. How do you suppose someone got all the evidence and submitted it without her involvement?

It’s almost never a conspiracy, it’s almost always the stupidity of one or more individuals followed by a coverup that creates the situations like this
Who knows why she took the screenshots. It all doesn’t make sense. If you ARE going to be taking screenshots, why also take some showing you as partially accepting of all the flirting?
Did you miss the screen shot to her friend, who said "this sexual assault"
We know why she was doing, she was in a difficult position by her senior and she did the thing that is recommended and that is collate evidence if it was ever required.

What particular part was "flirting" answering back with non-commital answers isn't flirting to me.
No no no, I am not insinuating that he did nothing wrong. I don't think I have seen all the screenshots, just the few posted here (somewhere). And going by the conversations and comments of others here, it seemed to start somewhat back and forth flirting, then she asked him to stop (which apparently he didn't).

myurr wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:04
Because if she once partially accepted it, that doesn't mean she accepted it for all time. As soon as she asked Horner to stop and he didn't it became sexual harassment.

Under UK law Red Bull and Horner have an explicit duty to provide a working environment free from sexual harassment. They have failed in that duty.
100% agree with this. And again, I fully believe that if she asked him to stop, and he didn't, he is in the wrong.

What I am saying is that somehow I don't believe that it was her who initially lodged the complaint. I've worked at many companies, and most of the time the "office secret" isn't ever really a secret. She's not a mystery, Her name and image has been on many news outlets already. She could easily just come out and either admit or deny the allegations. I don't think she wanted any of this to come out publicly.

I said it before, the ones I feel badly for are his kids, the woman behind all this, and Horners wife. If this does turn out to be just power players trying to force Horner out, then shame on all of them. Shame on Horner for listening to the little head over the big head, and especially shame on the other parties for dragging families through this for your own financial/political gain.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:36
Don’t see Ferrari taking CH Lewis is on record as saying his relationship with Vassur was a big reason for the switch.

why would ferrari take a team principle that did all those awful things? no team wants him and i wont be suprised if he gets banned from F1

organic

Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:35
who has the 19 pages of the bussinessf1 article?
It's the same crappy outlet that started the unfounded Suzie-Toto conflict of interest BS. Whatever it says, it's essentially useless

Watto
Watto

Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:38
Watto wrote:

[\quote]

why would ferrari take a team principle that did all those awful things? no team wants him and i wont be supposed if he gets banned from F1
no doubt the bad PR would likely ward Ferrari of. But as of right now he hasn’t been charged or found guilty of anything.

While I think he should be sacked with the dynamics of the power struggle at RB, the Austrian side wanting him out, Thai side protecting him, CH attempted hostile take over there seems to be an awful lot going on behind the scenes there I have some skepticism on exactly what we’re being told

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

CHT wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:20
Ferrari will sign CH in a heartbeat. Prilo Ferrari didnt get his Ferrari name until much later. CH + LH + AN at Ferrari will be awesome I reckon.
And I dont think those guys who own and drive Ferraris in the real world will mind CH as TP either.
I strongly suspect that if they do that, Lewis walks.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

chrstphrln

venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:48
no doubt the bad PR would likely ward Ferrari of. But as of right now he hasn’t been charged or found guilty of anything.

While I think he should be sacked with the dynamics of the power struggle at RB, the Austrian side wanting him out, Thai side protecting him, CH attempted hostile take over there seems to be an awful lot going on behind the scenes there I have some skepticism on exactly what we’re being told
He does not have to be convicted of any criminal offence in court.
What is known so far as compliance offences, which have never been denied, are quite sufficient for a team like Ferrari not to take him.
Added to this is his disloyalty to Red Bull Austria, the very part of his employer to whom he owes everything.
Last edited by chrstphrln on 05 Mar 2024, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

f1jcw wrote:
codetower wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 13:41

That doesn’t hold water. She was taking screenshots. How do you suppose someone got all the evidence and submitted it without her involvement?

It’s almost never a conspiracy, it’s almost always the stupidity of one or more individuals followed by a coverup that creates the situations like this
Who knows why she took the screenshots. It all doesn’t make sense. If you ARE going to be taking screenshots, why also take some showing you as partially accepting of all the flirting?
We know why she was doing, she was in a difficult position by her senior and she did the thing that is recommended and that is collate evidence if it was ever required.

What particular part was "flirting" answering back with non-commital answers isn't flirting to me.
The following is pure hypothesis, but could it be that it was this friend who made the original complaint?

Maybe he/she advised the PA that she needs to come forward, the PA didn't want to because she wants to keep her job, let's face it, she's achieved a lot to become PA to the boss of an F1 team, and thought she could deal with it because perhaps CH has, at this point, stopped the alleged behaviour. Maybe she had taken the screenshots as an insurance policy in case she ever felt she did need them.

This friend then, out of good intentions or malice towards CH, files the complaint.

In this hypothetical situation, perhaps this friend even had access to the PA's phone and downloaded the screenshots.

All hypothetical, but I could see a situation playing out like that.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

chrstphrln wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:04
venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:48

He does not have to be convicted of any criminal offence in court.
What is known so far as compliance offences, which have never been denied, are quite sufficient for a team like Ferrari not to take him.
Added to this is his disloyalty to Red Bull Austria, the very part of his employer to whom he owes everything.
He wouldn't anyway, even if the messages are genuine, he would have broken employment laws, but that would be a civil not criminal offence.

codetower

PapayaFan481 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:07
f1jcw wrote:
codetower wrote:

The following is pure hypothesis, but could it be that it was this friend who made the original complaint?

Maybe he/she advised the PA that she needs to come forward, the PA didn't want to because she wants to keep her job, let's face it, she's achieved a lot to become PA to the boss of an F1 team, and thought she could deal with it because perhaps CH has, at this point, stopped the alleged behaviour. Maybe she had taken the screenshots as an insurance policy in case she ever felt she did need them.

This friend then, out of good intentions or malice towards CH, files the complaint.

In this hypothetical situation, perhaps this friend even had access to the PA's phone and downloaded the screenshots.

Or... maybe she just didn't feel she needed any "help" with the matter. Don't underestimate how strong women can be. She may have felt she had it all under control, and was fully capable of handling the situation on her own, without needing it to get to this point.

CHT
CHT

Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 15:38
Watto wrote:

why would ferrari take a team principle that did all those awful things? no team wants him and i wont be suprised if he gets banned from F1
I believe that there must be plenty of such awful things around in F1 touring circus and CH's happen one of very high ranking.

Man will always be Man I think

Watto
Watto

PapayaFan481 wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:07
f1jcw wrote:
codetower wrote:

the hypothetical I have on that front is she likely did lodge the complaint but may not have wanted him sacked?

If RBR made sure they had a policy where she wasn’t harassed she was happy to stay, she does still work with him in some capacity, wanted to head to the race not signs you wanted to keep your distance, - I guess counter us maybe her lawyer advised she should remain in the same capacity being sidelined a breach of contract so wanted to attent 🤷

Quantum

Watto wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:43
Quantum wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:35
littlebigcat wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 14:30
The KC wasn’t there to make a judgement. It was the role of the Red Bull to decide what to do with what the KC reported on.
Yes, which is why I said it could've been the reason it was supressed from publication, as everyone knows the 2 parties involved now.
The question being would the KC have any grounds to make a statement of misrepresentation?
I’d argue maybe he found some wrongdoing but didn’t find legal grounds for termination.
That's possible too. But why not release the report with redacted names/numbers to validate the findings?

The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned
Being frontrun by a leak was always bound to happen when there was no transparency. As it stands, we don't know if the leaks are genuine. But they are plausible.
If they are plausible there is a contravention which makes the internal investigation itself suspect, right?
"Interplay of triads"

Venturiation
Venturiation

max is done

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Venturiation wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 16:24
max is done
What do you mean?