Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

I had missed this piece of news in the sea of pages here:

https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... r-gericht/

Funky translation:
But a possible exit from Marko is not the only bang in the affair that came to light on Friday and was confirmed by the Austrian. The employee involved, who brought the allegations of “cross-border behavior” against Horner, is now seeking legal action in a civil lawsuit. “Anything that leads to a quick result is more than desirable,” said Marko about this development.
So the employee is going to court? What an absolute mind blowing clown show.
I feel seriously bad for, and am impressed by, the engineers on this team that have had to work through this insanity and still produced.

Watto
Watto

dialtone wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 02:36

Funky translation:
But a possible exit from Marko is not the only bang in the affair that came to light on Friday and was confirmed by the Austrian. The employee involved, who brought the allegations of “cross-border behavior” against Horner, is now seeking legal action in a civil lawsuit. “Anything that leads to a quick result is more than desirable,” said Marko about this development.
I feel seriously bad for, and am impressed by, the engineers on this team that have had to work through this insanity and still produced.
If she does that will make things interesting but in light of the talk of Marko maybe being suspended for leaking does he know she wants to head to court - or is it Marko distracting/causing trouble for it

CHT
CHT

PierreW wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 01:27
Ultimately, things have to be decided in order for the team to work well in the future.

The owner has decided to back Horner, which is probably the right choice. The accuser, the leaker, and those who oppose Horner must probably leave now for Red Bull Racing to continue to operate smoothly and efficiently.
Marko at 80s old will eventually have to step down and make way for his successor to take over.
He may be responsible for convincing RB into F1, but it will need more than just talk and advise to buld a championship winning team.

IMO, whoever recruited AN and kept him in RBR over the years should deserve more credit than Marko getting Max into RBR. And of course for the sake of CH scandal, some may want to make Marko look like he is the person responsible for RB success.

codetower

Is it possible that all the messages that have become public aren’t all the messages? There has to be something keeping Horner in his position. Either the woman wasn’t the one who lodged the complaint, or there are other messages (or something) making it look less damaging.

maxxer
maxxer

myurr wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 02:06
maxxer wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 01:49
She and him would have needed to hand over the company phones to match the chats i am sure.
And so far we dont know those details currently they are unsided and uncomformed from an external source.
As long as as people cant verify this from both phones and what was going on i am not going along with it.
If the leak wasn't of genuine messages then there wouldn't be an internal investigation into the source of the leak. So at least some of the messages are genuine, and if some are genuine then the balance of probability is that all of them are. We have no reason to suspect that any of the messages are fake.

The victim also wouldn't be taking the case to court if she was faking the key evidence.

So Horner's possible redemption lies in there being more to the story than him sexually harassing that poor girl and then using his position within Red Bull to cover it up. In the meantime he's ripping the heart out of the team, and even if some key people stay if Max leaves the team with Marko then that is going to send a signal to the rest of the staff that all is not well. There will be people within the team that know the details of the case, those people will talk to other people, so if Horner has done wrong there'll be plenty of people in the team that will rethink working there.
Honestly i know by now you believe whatever is on internet, but i dont so far so dont say we let people make up their own mind

Watto
Watto

codetower wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 02:59
Is it possible that all the messages that have become public aren’t all the messages? There has to be something keeping Horner in his position. Either the woman wasn’t the one who lodged the complaint, or there are other messages (or something) making it look less damaging.
I feel like there must be purely because Horners still in his position and the leaked messages are pretty damming and aren’t far away from a textbook harassment case. If there isn’t something else well they’re being pretty stupid and asking for it to blow up.

f1jcw
f1jcw

dialtone wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 02:36

Funky translation:
to be fair, most of the work on this car was completed before this came out but yeah, it must be on there minds during the weeks, if they wasn't so far ahead it'd be interesting if it'd have effected future developments.

CHT
CHT

codetower wrote:
The public has seen the leaked messages (assuming they are true) but no one knows the context and the relationship between the 2. For RBR, what is important is having the team rally behind CH and keep the team together. If CH was such a nasty and horrible team boss, I am sure there should be more than 1 complainant by now.

F1 drivers should just focus on their job as drivers, win the race, win the championship, get their millions, and say thank you to the team and sponsors and stay away from team politics.

Since Marko and Toto are both Austrian, I am just wondering if there was an intent for Merc to bring in Marko to become the adviser for Merc? or Marko talking too much and leaking too much information to Toto?

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 03:14
codetower wrote:
The public has seen the leaked messages (assuming they are true) but no one knows the context and the relationship between the 2. For RBR, what is important is having the team rally behind CH and keep the team together. If CH was such a nasty and horrible team boss, I am sure there should be more than 1 complainant by now.

F1 drivers should just focus on their job as drivers, win the race, win the championship, get their millions, and say thank you to the team and sponsors and stay away from team politics.

Since Marko and Toto are both Austrian, I am just wondering if there was an intent for Merc to bring in Marko to become the adviser for Merc? or Marko talking too much and leaking too much information to Toto?
A lot of the time the abuser only either treats a select few that way so it’s hards to get a leak or have the power to stop people talking through fear business people in very public positions running ponsi schemes and the like for years without being touched … until one day it catches up with them, it’s a far too simple point in its own

CHT
CHT

Watto wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 03:21
CHT wrote:
codetower wrote:

A lot of the time the abuser only either treats a select few that way so it’s hards to get a leak or have the power to stop people talking through fear business people in very public positions running ponsi schemes and the like for years without being touched … until one day it catches up with them, it’s a far too simple point in its own
I don't suppose people from F1technical are more familiar with the case, the accuser and the accused than the over 600 employees working in RBR.

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 03:32
Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:

I don't suppose people from F1technical are more familiar with the case, the accuser and the accused than the over 600 employees working in RBR.
They are. And I think it’s around 1500 😂.

But my point is he may have, if true, only abused just a few people in probably the thousands employed over the times he’s been at RBR. Just because say 2990 of the 3000 people employed over time never experienced it doesn’t mean a small group didn’t. Probably suggests it’s not wide spread. But not that he’s not capable if it without more info one way or the other

f1jcw
f1jcw

CHT wrote:
Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:

Do you think she spread it around the office? Discussed over the morning teabreak "Oh Beckie, Horney Horner was asking for pics again, he's such a tease"?

langedweil

If only this forum had a proper sjw-filter ..
This whole charade was never about a TP/PA fling, you'd say so much would be clear by now?
HuggaWugga !

f1jcw
f1jcw

langedweil wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 03:55
If only this forum had a proper sjw-filter ..
This whole charade was never about a TP/PA fling, you'd say so much would be clear by now?
I’m as unliberal as you can be, but I don’t class being against controlling, sexual abuse from a boss to an employee as being a social justice warrior, I think that’s being much pretty normal thinking for a lot of people.

mendis
mendis

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 03:41
CHT wrote:
Watto wrote:
Do you think she spread it around the office? Discussed over the morning teabreak "Oh Beckie, Horney Horner was asking for pics again, he's such a tease"?
If she can give those screenshots to someone to leak, then I suppose there is nothing that stopped her from sharing things with more than one Beckie. Assuming the screenshots are real as people want to believe they are.