Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

It seems the general trend in this thread is "believe reports when you agree with them". Got it!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Watto
Watto

Sky telecast saying they believe the woman’s timeline to appeal has been extended

Watto
Watto

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 17:46
It seems the general trend in this thread is "believe reports when you agree with them". Got it!
It’s the theme of the thread on all sides isn’t it

Defender pointing at the KC report as fact question leaks etc

People that think he’s guilty question the report but take random rumours as fact

When I don’t think either way is all that accurate

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 17:46
Pretty much the discussion around this situation summed up.

chrisc90

Marko confirmed as staying.

All's good in the hood.

izzy
izzy

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:44

Sorry that is nonsense. It takes seconds to screenshot, it is really no effort at all. To suddenly make the statement “the only thing that makes sense is some of them is faked” makes absolute no sense whatsoever, it be more effort to fake then to screenshot an actual conversation.

Saying No No No, is not joking. Please as said before “no” means “no”.
Please understand that. In this day and age such things should not have to be stated.
'No no no' was in a message. They were not in the same room! It wasn't any kind of physical threat it was most likely some kind of innuendo they were joking about, him imagining something and texting her and she's going 'no no no stop it!' Otherwise she'd just end the chat wouldn't she. She could 'stop it' any time without asking. But it's exactly the kind of post the bad guys can misrepresent.

And of course it takes more effort to do 100 screenshots than clicking "Export". And you have to be signed in.

Yes it takes effort to fake something, but if you haven't got any real coercion to use that's what you have to do. That's the only reason you'd use screenshots.

Watto
Watto

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 17:56
f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 15:44

Sorry that is nonsense. It takes seconds to screenshot, it is really no effort at all. To suddenly make the statement “the only thing that makes sense is some of them is faked” makes absolute no sense whatsoever, it be more effort to fake then to screenshot an actual conversation.

Saying No No No, is not joking. Please as said before “no” means “no”.
Please understand that. In this day and age such things should not have to be stated.
'No no no' was in a message. They were not in the same room! It wasn't any kind of physical threat it was most likely some kind of innuendo they were joking about, him imagining something and texting her and she's going 'no no no stop it!' Otherwise she'd just end the chat wouldn't she. She could 'stop it' any time without asking. But it's exactly the kind of post the bad guys can misrepresent.

And of course it takes more effort to do 100 screenshots than clicking "Export". And you have to be signed in.

Yes it takes effort to fake something, but if you haven't got any real coercion to use that's what you have to do. That's the only reason you'd use screenshots.
I think if you take the messages as legitimate they are a pretty strong harassment case tbh

izzy
izzy

Watto wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:05
I think if you take the messages as legitimate they are a pretty strong harassment case tbh
yes okay. But, why would we think they are legitimate, if we can't explain why they're screenshots?

f1jcw
f1jcw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigati

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:14
Watto wrote:
yes okay. But, why would we think they are legitimate, if we can't explain why they're screenshots?
I’m sorry, but you are looking at something that’s not even a problem.

I’m a IT professional and I agree with her taking the screen shots, there’s not any problem with that and they have the bonus of being immediately uploaded to icloud. I’m not sure you even have a purpose even questioning that.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

mendis wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 17:20
PapayaFan481 wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 17:13
f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 14:16
More on the above

You don't pay 1 million to avoid a lawsuit if you've nothing to hide. You let the facts speak for themselves in court.

I think Horner and RBR have misjudged this one....
There is so much contradiction in your previous post, denying KC and Red Bull decision, where you are asking if you the other poster has seen the report. Here, you are using a rumour as a fact to state RBR is wrong.
I was replying to the person saying the KC would be in trouble and explaining why they wouldn't.

And RTL and other outlets aren't going to post this without reasonable confidence that it's true. They're not just random posters on forums or social media, they are a sports broadcaster with a lot to lose if they got sued.

And finally, I was obviously (well obvious to anyone not blinded by partisan bias) speaking in the hypothetical as most on this thread are.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

f1jcw
f1jcw

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 17:56

I’m sorry, but threats do not have to be physical to be a threat.
Sexual intimidation doesn’t have to be physical abuse.

For you to feel threatened and trapped by a situation it doesn’t have to be physical.

These type of situations can lead to depression and suicide and as has have been seen destroy someone’s career and life.

When she said NO, STOP to her boss for the sexual controlling statements, he should have stopped.
She shouldn’t have to asked twice, she shouldn’t have need to go to HR. You forget all the missed calls and the WhatsApp on do not disturb.

There is no misrepresentation, this wasn’t innuendo, it wasn’t joking. If you think it was, please learn.

Watto
Watto

izzy wrote:
Watto wrote:
May be the way she knows how to do things. May not be aware of the export option.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Watto wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:33
izzy wrote:
Watto wrote:
May be the way she knows how to do things. May not be aware of the export option.
It is a lot easier to forge a export, you edit in a text file, screen grabs I’d think be more legit

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
izzy wrote:
Watto wrote:
Heck, I'm technically literate and I didn't know there's an export feature in WhatsApp. I've never needed it. So my default in the heat of the moment, if someone sent me something I wanted to save, would be to take a screenshot. I know instantly how to do that without having to go searching for anything.

f1jcw
f1jcw

myurr wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:43
Watto wrote:
izzy wrote:

Heck, I'm technically literate and I didn't know there's an export feature in WhatsApp. I've never needed it. So my default in the heat of the moment, if someone sent me something I wanted to save, would be to take a screenshot. I know instantly how to do that without having to go searching for anything.
It’s a click with 2 fingers not exactly hard