Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TFSA

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:29
I’m sorry, but threats do not have to be physical to be a threat.
Sexual intimidation doesn’t have to be physical abuse.

For you to feel threatened and trapped by a situation it doesn’t have to be physical.
Your first paragraph isn't incorrect. But in your second paragraph, you're confusing "feeling threatened" with making threats. Those two are not the same.

It's clear that the poster you're replying to was talking about whether something, legally speaking, was an actual threat of some kind. Whether the person is feeling threatened or not is entirely irrelevant. We, as people, cannot be directly responsible for how other people feel.

Watto
Watto

:evil: 👿
f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:36
Watto wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:33
izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:14

yes okay. But, why would we think they are legitimate, if we can't explain why they're screenshots?
May be the way she knows how to do things. May not be aware of the export option.
It is a lot easier to forge a export, you edit in a text file, screen grabs I’d think be more legit
Eh don’t know I’d say that I think either was would be easily manipulated or deceptive if someone wanted to go that path. I don’t think you can read one way or the other as to one being more legit than the other. I think an unfair assumption either way.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:45
myurr wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:43
Watto wrote:

May be the way she knows how to do things. May not be aware of the export option.
Heck, I'm technically literate and I didn't know there's an export feature in WhatsApp. I've never needed it. So my default in the heat of the moment, if someone sent me something I wanted to save, would be to take a screenshot. I know instantly how to do that without having to go searching for anything.
It’s a click with 2 fingers not exactly hard
If you know how to do it. You have 2 people in a TECHNICAL forum here, so reasonable to assume are pretty IT literate, who did not even know that was a thing. You're right it's easy, but only if you know it's there.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V etc are easy, but I know many people who still use right click with the mouse instead....
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

TFSA wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:52
f1jcw wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:29
I’m sorry, but threats do not have to be physical to be a threat.
Sexual intimidation doesn’t have to be physical abuse.

For you to feel threatened and trapped by a situation it doesn’t have to be physical.
Your first paragraph isn't incorrect. But in your second paragraph, you're confusing "feeling threatened" with making threats. Those two are not the same.

It's clear that the poster you're replying to was talking about whether something, legally speaking, was an actual threat of some kind. Whether the person is feeling threatened or not is entirely irrelevant. We, as people, cannot be directly responsible for how other people feel.
As people we're not. However an employer DOES have a legal requirement in the UK to ensure that their staff are provided with a workplace free from intimidating and threatening behaviour.

Horner is this woman's boss. Therefore he has a responsibility under UK Employment Law to ensure she does not feel threatened by his own behaviour.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Watto
Watto

PapayaFan481 wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:55
f1jcw wrote:
myurr wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 18:43

Heck, I'm technically literate and I didn't know there's an export feature in WhatsApp. I've never needed it. So my default in the heat of the moment, if someone sent me something I wanted to save, would be to take a screenshot. I know instantly how to do that without having to go searching for anything.
If you know how to do it. You have 2 people in a TECHNICAL forum here, so reasonable to assume are pretty IT literate, who did not even know that was a thing. You're right it's easy, but only if you know it's there.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V etc are easy, but I know many people who still use right click with the mouse instead....
on a pc I’d probably copy paste on a phone most likely screenshot unless I was aware the app had a export option I don’t have WhatsApp so wouldn’t know

myurr
myurr

f1jcw wrote:
I didn't say it was hard, I said I didn't know about it.

PierreW
PierreW

All is fine.

Max cruises to another wins, Perez cruises to another second place.

Horner stays, Marko stays, Max stays of course. A peace will be negociated and finalized by the owner and the head of the RB mother company.

Flawless victory this week end on track and off track. We now await the rest of the season without all this drama propagated by the media.

PlatinumZealot

So as more and more newscome out it seems the PA was in a mutual affair with Horner, and maybe things started to go sour and she pulled the "Me too" card.

She was never harrassed or shy to keep the conversation/affair going. And the evidence supports this.

So she's basically an in-house RedBull incubus that got bitter that he sugar daddy was rising in popularitt while she served in the shadows.

Redbull saw it for what it was - an affair gone sour, and fraudently aired in the workplace causing disharmony - and she was paid off and basically banished. So more or less it seems Horner is staying.

Look out for more leaks of embarassing evidence throughout the year though!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

izzy
izzy

Watto wrote:
izzy wrote:

yes okay. But, why would we think they are legitimate, if we can't explain why they're screenshots?
well we're dealing with what's likely aren't we, as we don't know much so we're amusing ourselves trying to put bits of evidence together. It's not a case of "prove it's impossible".

This is a very capable professional communicator, who uses WhatsApp fluently. She could have simply shown the chats on her phone to HR, the police, the barrister, or the Daily Mail. She could have Exported them from the menu in the program, clicking on the 3 dots that she 99% surely knows about like everyone under 80.

But instead, someone emailed 100 screenshots that included some coercive text. Screenshots that, unlike anything in WhatsApp itself, can be faked. Most of the screenshots are completely innocent, so why were they included?

Then we have the KC barrister and Head Office looking at the screenshots, her phone probably, and Christian's phone probably, and dismissing the complaint. But if she has been coerced, then she has her WhatsApp evidence, all securely encrypted and ready to show to anybody who's interested. So it'd pretty suicidal for the KC and GMBH to get caught so easily, getting someone off sexual abuse. So we can speculate she deleted it without it being backed up, but that's really trying isn't it, I mean why? When she made a complaint about it.

f1jcw
f1jcw

PierreW wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 20:52
All is fine.

Max cruises to another wins, Perez cruises to another second place.

Horner stays, Marko stays, Max stays of course. A peace will be negociated and finalized by the owner and the head of the RB mother company.

Flawless victory this week end on track and off track. We now await the rest of the season without all this drama propagated by the media.
The drama is by Horner, you can’t blame for his actions

f1jcw
f1jcw

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 20:55
So as more and more newscome out it seems the PA was in a mutual affair with Horner, and maybe things started to go sour and she pulled the "Me too" card.

She was never harrassed or shy to keep the conversation/affair going. And the evidence supports this.

So she's basically an in-house RedBull incubus that got bitter that he sugar daddy was rising in popularitt while she served in the shadows.

Redbull saw it for what it was - an affair gone sour, and fraudently aired in the workplace causing disharmony - and she was paid off and basically banished. So more or less it seems Horner is staying.

Look out for more leaks of embarassing evidence throughout the year though!
Where have you got that from?

And if you are right, it is disgusting for a person to presume that a woman who says No, can be said, who you just jumping on the metoo band wagon. That is really really bad what you have posted and it is similar thinking that has got Horner into this.

It doesn’t matter if she was in a relationship or not, (which I’ve not even seen they were) but the woman can always say no, even when married. Things like marital rape are now a crime.
Last edited by f1jcw on 09 Mar 2024, 22:09, edited 2 times in total.

f1jcw
f1jcw

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 21:30
Watto wrote:
izzy wrote:

well we're dealing with what's likely aren't we, as we don't know much so we're amusing ourselves trying to put bits of evidence together. It's not a case of "prove it's impossible".

This is a very capable professional communicator, who uses WhatsApp fluently. She could have simply shown the chats on her phone to HR, the police, the barrister, or the Daily Mail. She could have Exported them from the menu in the program, clicking on the 3 dots that she 99% surely knows about like everyone under 80.

But instead, someone emailed 100 screenshots that included some coercive text. Screenshots that, unlike anything in WhatsApp itself, can be faked. Most of the screenshots are completely innocent, so why were they included?

Then we have the KC barrister and Head Office looking at the screenshots, her phone probably, and Christian's phone probably, and dismissing the complaint. But if she has been coerced, then she has her WhatsApp evidence, all securely encrypted and ready to show to anybody who's interested. So it'd pretty suicidal for the KC and GMBH to get caught so easily, getting someone off sexual abuse. So we can speculate she deleted it without it being backed up, but that's really trying isn't it, I mean why? When she made a complaint about it.
Simple answer. No.
And again, cause certain people don’t think no means No, I disagree with the above, it is acceptable to screen shot and not do an export and it is a nothing thing to argue over.

myurr
myurr

izzy wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 21:30

I've just looked at WhatsApp on my iPhone and cannot find the export function you're mentioning. Doing a quick Google search it appears it's an Android feature, whereas she is on an iPhone. If she showed the chats to the Daily Mail then she'd be breaching data protection and privacy laws, it being her work phone.

We have no idea what the KC looked at nor what he found, and she may well have shown him her work phone. Nothing comes back to the KC if he prepares a factual report, it's the board that makes the decision not him.

She's not been to the Police nor is likely to. Sexual harassment in the workplace is a civil matter not criminal.

chrisc90

Tap your contact name at the top and scroll down to export chat....

f1jcw
f1jcw

myurr wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 22:11
If she showed the chats to the Daily Mail then she'd be breaching data protection and privacy laws, it being her work phone.
I don’t think GDPR is a get out clause for bosses to harass their PAs