Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
erikejw
erikejw

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

The timeline of this whole ordeal might give us insight.

1 Februari: Lewis announces he's moving to Ferrari next year.

5 February: Red Bull Racing’s parent company GmbH confirms Horner is under investigation following an accusation of “inappropriate behaviour”.
Why now?

Toto Wolf is vocal about the scrutiny of Horner. It must be open.
Why?

Horner stays at RB.

Jos has meetings with Toto.
Jos lashes out and attacks Horner.

In desperation?
Whats the motive?

Marko admits Verstappen contract i tied to him being in RB. Are other persons tied to Verstappens contract? Other key personal like Horner.

Verstappen is signed until 2028. 4 more full years. His market value had probably increased 5 fold compared to his RB contract. He might be tempted to cash is or show that he can win in another car.

Is all this tied together one way or another?

What do you all think?

chrisc90

Could Toto afford to buy Max out his contract and then pay him on top of that?

Wouter

Bingo! The daughter of The Edges (U2) Hollie, 39, wed her childhood sweetheart Jamie Hewitson
at a dream ceremony in Tuscany eight years ago.
Die Mega-Rockband U2 plant, der Frau mit einem Song zu helfen. Hintergrund: Ihr Bruder ist der Schwiegersohn von U2-Kultgitarrist „The Edge“. F1-Insider
Last edited by Wouter on 10 Mar 2024, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

myurr
myurr

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 22:29
Could Toto afford to buy Max out his contract and then pay him on top of that?
Yes. Driver contracts are outside the budget cap, and Mercedes F1 made £89m profit last year.

chrisc90

If max is on 40milkion a year, with 4 or 5 years left, it’s immediately 160m to buy him out. Then you have to pay him, so minimum 200m.

bluechris

Honestly guys, you think that there is 1 in a million chance for Max to go to MB? really? i simply don't see it because Max is smart no matter the politics or anything.

myurr
myurr

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 23:15
If max is on 40milkion a year, with 4 or 5 years left, it’s immediately 160m to buy him out. Then you have to pay him, so minimum 200m.
So easily affordable. Last year and this year's profit for the team covers the £160m, then the saving on Hamilton's wage covers paying Max going forward.

chrisc90

myurr wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 23:52
chrisc90 wrote:
So easily affordable. Last year and this year's profit for the team covers the £160m, then the saving on Hamilton's wage covers paying Max going forward.
How much do you think Max is worth these days? Given a old driver is worth $54m these days. Max in his prime, at 26, probably worth a good 10% more than that.

PlatinumZealot

bluechris wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 23:18
Honestly guys, you think that there is 1 in a million chance for Max to go to MB? really? i simply don't see it because Max is smart no matter the politics or anything.
Max is a cold-hearted driver. As long as the car is a rocket-ship, he stays.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

dialtone wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 22:11
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
dans79 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 21:38

As I mentioned many pages back, what Horner is accused of is not popular with younger people here int he states!
First off , i don't believe that he did any of this. He's a well spoken highly accomplished individual. People write the way they talk and unless he was pretending to be someone else , it wasn't him. Plus he already denied all of it. Is he supposed to deny it all again after some more allegations surface ?

And even if it was true , it's pretty obvious that the whole narrative and premise is false. If he was flirting or doing this stuff with her , it's because she is part of the high society that he's a part of. She is a socialite. And everything brought against Horner was in bad faith

Flirting on Whatsapp. That'll really get the young ppl in the states against you.
What kind of mindset goes against the person that was receiving unwanted d*** pics and pressure to perform sexual acts over the person committing them?

Is that how you flirt with people? Send your nudes? Do you want then to receive congratulations afterwards?
First off , i don't believe that he did any of this. He's a well spoken highly accomplished individual. People write the way they talk and unless he was pretending to be someone else , it wasn't him. Plus he already denied all of it. Is he supposed to deny it all again after some more allegations surface ?

And even if it was true , it's pretty obvious that the whole narrative and premise is false. If he was flirting or doing this stuff with her , it's because she is part of the high society that he's a part of. She is a socialite. And this was all done in bad faith. It wasn't really about women's rights
Last edited by TeamKoolGreen on 11 Mar 2024, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

Watto
Watto

myurr wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Max may well ask for more at Mercedes take in buying Max out and his new contract could have a say $200m contract buyout you’re paid LH $80m (rumored) I’m asking $100 could put his buy out price inc new contract in the $700m range over the life of the contract - it’s probably a little rich for Toto alone but if Ineos/Radcliff are happy to step in too and cover it

But if Marko stay max stay imo, more than likely if he were to leave it would be with someone triggered a release clause

langedweil

dialtone wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
dans79 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 21:38
As I mentioned many pages back, what Horner is accused of is not popular with younger people here int he states!
Flirting on Whatsapp. That'll really get the young ppl in the states against you.
What kind of mindset goes against the person that was receiving unwanted d*** pics and pressure to perform sexual acts over the person committing them?
Whether apps/pics were real or fake is kinda irrelevant when it's clear the leaked stuff only contains a subset of the conversation(s) as a whole, both text and pics.
No one can know whether or how many pics/requests were sent by either of them, so these type of remarks are hollow. If things happened as you presume, I'd fully agree with you. But hardly anyone knows what happened, so this is just about opinions.
However, in case this was all the evidence that was brought in by the complainant I completely understand it was ruled inconclusive. Actually, I would applaud that; there are enough Amber Heards around to always choose actual proof over my-word-against-your-word.
HuggaWugga !

Watto
Watto

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:50
dialtone wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

And even if it was true , it's pretty obvious that the whole narrative and premise is false. If he was flirting or doing this stuff with her , it's because she is part of the high society that he's a part of. She is a socialite. And everything brought against Horner was in bad faith

Is that how you flirt with people? Send your nudes? Do you want then to receive congratulations afterwards?

And even if it was true , it's pretty obvious that the whole narrative and premise is false. If he was flirting or doing this stuff with her , it's because she is part of the high society that he's a part of. She is a socialite. And this was all done in bad faith. It wasn't really about women's rights
I’ve spend plenty of time in this thread of questioning if the messages may be fake or at last partially. Even why Horner may make the statements he has if they were.

But if they are real and no substantial other evidence exists there is a lot of bad faith in the 2nd part of your argument when she made repeated requests for him to stop, but he didn’t, plus some of the more crude messages go well beyond any ‘joking’ nature just because they maybe both in high society isn’t an excuse for unwanted harassment. Plenty of people in his kinda position too continue to deny and overup up too until the evidence becomes too strong so simply he denied is not really carrying a lot of weight.

myurr
myurr

Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:51
myurr wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Max may well ask for more at Mercedes take in buying Max out and his new contract could have a say $200m contract buyout you’re paid LH $80m (rumored) I’m asking $100 could put his buy out price inc new contract in the $700m range over the life of the contract - it’s probably a little rich for Toto alone but if Ineos/Radcliff are happy to step in too and cover it

But if Marko stay max stay imo, more than likely if he were to leave it would be with someone triggered a release clause
What's the value to Mercedes as a car brand to have all those loyal Dutch eyeballs?

Watto
Watto

myurr wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 08:22
Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:51
myurr wrote:

What's the value to Mercedes as a car brand to have all those loyal Dutch eyeballs?
I don’t know, I just suspect Ratcliffe is the one underwriting a fair % of Hamilton contract . Was rumored before he signed again with Merc in 23 he was the one that saw potential in Ham being a life ling long brand ambassador- a quick google you can see Lewis indicating he’s close with Jim and almost sees him as a business partner than a boss.

I think either way though Max won’t leave without a good reason the Marko clause perhaps currently had the fastest car a team that is hugely behind him builds a car that suits his style.

Not impossible mind you just think plenty would have to be change to have him look at leaving he’s have to be seriously unhappy to want to move.