Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

myurr wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 08:22
Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:51
myurr wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 23:52

So easily affordable. Last year and this year's profit for the team covers the £160m, then the saving on Hamilton's wage covers paying Max going forward.
Max may well ask for more at Mercedes take in buying Max out and his new contract could have a say $200m contract buyout you’re paid LH $80m (rumored) I’m asking $100 could put his buy out price inc new contract in the $700m range over the life of the contract - it’s probably a little rich for Toto alone but if Ineos/Radcliff are happy to step in too and cover it

But if Marko stay max stay imo, more than likely if he were to leave it would be with someone triggered a release clause
What's the value to Mercedes as a car brand to have all those loyal Dutch eyeballs?
Something I’d ad despite the word I wonder how much Toto would want Marko and Jos; Marko was always DMs right hand man at RBGmbH and had influence over the team I doubt Toto wants to give the up and Jos’s history twice banned for his behaviour at RB who are well known for casual culture I doubt it’s an issue for Max. But Jos, if Merc had a strategy that benefited George over Max/put Max at a disadvantage isn’t a good mix I think it was either in 22 or. 23 he was banned by Marko for abusing RBR staff because he didn’t like the team strategy for Max, and Mercedes have a fat stricter more corporate cult would be interesting to see how it would go if things went pear shaped, so why I think something very serious would have to occur to cause Max to want to leave

Cs98
Cs98

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 21:39

In this hours latest evolution.

Media love fishing for clicks.
I'm not sure statements from RBR are very trustworthy either, those would be under the control of CH.

basti313
basti313

Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 10:05
myurr wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 08:22
Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 01:51
Max may well ask for more at Mercedes take in buying Max out and his new contract could have a say $200m contract buyout you’re paid LH $80m (rumored) I’m asking $100 could put his buy out price inc new contract in the $700m range over the life of the contract - it’s probably a little rich for Toto alone but if Ineos/Radcliff are happy to step in too and cover it

But if Marko stay max stay imo, more than likely if he were to leave it would be with someone triggered a release clause
What's the value to Mercedes as a car brand to have all those loyal Dutch eyeballs?
Something I’d ad despite the word I wonder how much Toto would want Marko and Jos; Marko was always DMs right hand man at RBGmbH and had influence over the team I doubt Toto wants to give the up and Jos’s history twice banned for his behaviour at RB who are well known for casual culture I doubt it’s an issue for Max. But Jos, if Merc had a strategy that benefited George over Max/put Max at a disadvantage isn’t a good mix I think it was either in 22 or. 23 he was banned by Marko for abusing RBR staff because he didn’t like the team strategy for Max, and Mercedes have a fat stricter more corporate cult would be interesting to see how it would go if things went pear shaped, so why I think something very serious would have to occur to cause Max to want to leave
Well...there are so many reasons why Max to Merc does not make any sense:
- Car does not work
- Jos
- Battle with Russel will explode
- UK centric

On the other hand the reason for Jos vs. Horner for me: They want to sign a better deal for Max. I bet if there would be no Ham deal now, Jos would be talking to Ferrari openly, just to stir up the pot.
Horner is the one that signed the current deal, but not under the "best of the best" salary that Max would be entitled to at the moment. They want a weaker manager to get a better deal on the paper. I guess this all the background.
Also the discussions with Marco fit to this and the big meeting in Dubai. Either Marco got a "ok" on Horner leaving or on more money for Max. I am quite sure he got a "ok" to make his mind change.

So my bet at the moment:
If next race everything is gone and Jos is quiet, we can be quite sure that they signed...
So Horner either is sacked or he signs off a new deal with Max.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Watto
Watto

Cs98 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 10:17
chrisc90 wrote:
10 Mar 2024, 21:39

In this hours latest evolution.

Media love fishing for clicks.
I'm not sure statements from RBR are very trustworthy either, those would be under the control of CH.
yeah no trust in that article at all for that reason, I did laugh a little though the article was from Eric that had been following the story creating a lot of the pressure on CH; but it’s meaningless coming from RBR.

basti313 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 10:29
[quote=Watto post_id=<a href="tel:1198765">1198765</a> time=<a href="tel:1710144345">1710144345</a> user_id=44569]
[quote=myurr post_id=<a href="tel:1198753">1198753</a> time=<a href="tel:1710138131">1710138131</a> user_id=5783]
[quote=Watto post_id=<a href="tel:1198715">1198715</a> time=<a href="tel:1710114700">1710114700</a> user_id=44569]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Well...there are so many reasons why Max to Merc does not make any sense:
- Car does not work
- Jos
- Battle with Russel will explode
- UK centric

On the other hand the reason for Jos vs. Horner for me: They want to sign a better deal for Max. I bet if there would be no Ham deal now, Jos would be talking to Ferrari openly, just to stir up the pot.
Horner is the one that signed the current deal, but not under the "best of the best" salary that Max would be entitled to at the moment. They want a weaker manager to get a better deal on the paper. I guess this all the background.
Also the discussions with Marco fit to this and the big meeting in Dubai. Either Marco got a "ok" on Horner leaving or on more money for Max. I am quite sure he got a "ok" to make his mind change.

So my bet at the moment:
If next race everything is gone and Jos is quiet, we can be quite sure that they signed...
So Horner either is sacked or he signs off a new deal with Max.
[/quote]

Yep a lot would have to occur for it to happen I think Max would back himself over George in a competitive car, if Merc were to get there. Though it could obviously blow up in George’s side too,

Quite possible on the pressure to increase maxs contract too though a rather messy way it’s happened (so public while Max is fighting for a WDC)

basti313
basti313

Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 11:20

Quite possible on the pressure to increase maxs contract too though a rather messy way it’s happened (so public while Max is fighting for a WDC)
Fighting? I see no fight...
I think it is the perfect time. Cash out while they can. If anything happens to the tech team (Wache and/or Newey to Ferrari) or due to the rule change the party at RB could be over sooner than later. So sign a deal now under whatever it needs and walk away with the money if it goes sideways 2026.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Is this the forum of the daily mail?

Watto
Watto

basti313 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 12:12
Watto wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 11:20

Fighting? I see no fight...
I think it is the perfect time. Cash out while they can. If anything happens to the tech team (Wache and/or Newey to Ferrari) or due to the rule change the party at RB could be over sooner than later. So sign a deal now under whatever it needs and walk away with the money if it goes sideways 2026.
fair but having a storm of him asking questions a distraction isn’t ideal.

TFSA

DChemTech wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 13:09
Both have about the same amount of journalistic integrity, so it's hard to tell 😉
And this is coming from the guy who started the Susie Wolff thread.

Rodak
Rodak

DChemTech wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 13:09
Bingo!

Mattchu

What on gods green earth has made you feel it`s acceptable to first post a picture and then someone else post the womans name and those of her family!

Disgraceful behaviour!

Cs98
Cs98

Mattchu wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 16:18
What on gods green earth has made you feel it`s acceptable to first post a picture and then someone else post the womans name and those of her family!

Disgraceful behaviour!
Indeed. Wouter has reached rag level. Moderators snoozing.

Wouter

Cs98 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 16:25
Mattchu wrote:

Disgraceful behaviour!
"Wouter has reached rag level." #-o
Exaggerating is also a profession! I have only repeated what was read and shown yesterday on F1 Insider and Motorsport Total
and subsequently on almost all F1 sites. Her name was writen here last week several times btw.
The Power of Dreams!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Wouter wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 16:30
Cs98 wrote:
Mattchu wrote:

Disgraceful behaviour!
"Wouter has reached rag level." #-o
Exaggerating is also a profession! I have only repeated what was read and shown yesterday on F1 Insider and Motorsport Total
and subsequently on almost all F1 sites. Her name was writen here last week several times btw.
Let's not be dragging this place down.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Redragon

Cs98 wrote:
Mattchu wrote:

Disgraceful behaviour!
It was published by the media a week a go.

basti313
basti313

Mattchu wrote:

Disgraceful behaviour!
??? Found a reason to piss on some other drivers fan leg?
Get realistic, the name is known and all over media. No one is in any way disgraceful (besides Horny maybe) to this woman.