Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 04:33
Watto wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 04:25
CHT wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 04:01

If a friend is seriously coming out to defend the women I think she should have more things to say rather than expressing disappointment. Its like media trying to create news out of thin air to me.
Probably because she can't, particularly when this is under process she hasn't been sacked yet, that I'm aware. If she revealed any confidential information that could cost her friend a job etc. I don't think a friend would say anything that could jeopardize her friend should she remain at RB (with or without Horner)

It could also be a calculated leak from the Austian side of RB to pressure on Horner too.

The whole thing is a mess. Too many atm with things to hide to know for certain what happened

I guess someone promised her the TP role.
=D>

Wouldn't go that far lol

If the Austrian side of RB to 'win' this, they would almost certainly keep her on in a PA role similar to what shes already been doing.

CHT
CHT

Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:
Watto wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 02:53

Or it could be that the messages are true and she things the investigation has been a white wash that was ever going to clear Horner someone with money and influence; which is why laws around these things exist.

That said it is from a friend not her directly so you wonder a little how much she really knows.

I'm still leaning towards the messages being read and Horner should be gone. But, i'm equally very skeptical of so many elements on this i'm not overly convinced one way or the other .
If a friend is seriously coming out to defend the women I think she should have more things to say rather than expressing disappointment. Its like media trying to create news out of thin air to me.
Probably because she can't, particularly when this is under process she hasn't been sacked yet, that I'm aware. If she revealed any confidential information that could cost her friend a job etc. I don't think a friend would say anything that could jeopardize her friend should she remain at RB (with or without Horner)

It could also be a calculated leak from the Austian side of RB to pressure on Horner too.

The whole thing is a mess. Too many atm with things to hide to know for certain what happened
Her identity, her intimate chat with CH are extremely confidential if you ask me.
So I can't really think of any more damaging confidential material than the leak we have already seen (assuming it is true).

FW17

Bill wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 20:06
The reason he is power hungary is he is not getting the promotion and recognition that is long overdue he should have moved up the chain of redbull group,insisting that he should still grovel is an insult the man has brought a lot of success
They kneecapped Christian by having him report to a CEO in Red Bull Austria, while rightfully as a TP and CEO of the Red Bull racing and engines he should have come directly under the Board.

FW17

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 04:49
Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:

Her identity, her intimate chat with CH are extremely confidential if you ask me.
So I can't really think of any more damaging confidential material than the leak we have already seen (assuming it is true).
If she leaked it maybe. And there is no proof at all she did. Having someone that can be directly linked you you leaking confidential information is not a great sign even if you're in the right and she has been wronged here.

A lawyer would likely advise her to say as little, if anything at all publicly you don't want to give any grounds to use against you - Horner would almost certainly be in the same position depends on what happened.

CHT
CHT

Watto wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 05:10
CHT wrote:
Watto wrote:

If she leaked it maybe. And there is no proof at all she did. Having someone that can be directly linked you you leaking confidential information is not a great sign even if you're in the right and she has been wronged here.

A lawyer would likely advise her to say as little, if anything at all publicly you don't want to give any grounds to use against you - Horner would almost certainly be in the same position depends on what happened.
I will take the news article at face value, which is for click baitting containing no new information.

Watto
Watto

CHT wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 05:18
Watto wrote:
CHT wrote:

I will take the news article at face value, which is for click baitting containing no new information.

And that could very well be the case. But I think your reasoning to get there are pretty thin. A friend that did care isn't going to say anything that may jeopdise a future in the team should she want to remain there - and that she han't just quit after getting the legal letter a few weeks ago would suggest she wan to remain in the job.

There isn't any real sign the messages were leaked by her so again its a pretty thin line of reasoning

TFSA

CHT wrote:
You're confusing "confidential" with "private".

Having seen the leaked chats, i find out very unlikely that there's anything in them that, by any reasonable court, would be considered as confidential company information.

If Red Bull wants to argue she's leaking confidential information, and that they want to fire her for that, they have to make a case for that. I have a hard time seeing them doing that here.

CHT
CHT

Watto wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 06:11
CHT wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 05:18
Watto wrote:

And that could very well be the case. But I think your reasoning to get there are pretty thin. A friend that did care isn't going to say anything that may jeopdise a future in the team should she want to remain there - and that she han't just quit after getting the legal letter a few weeks ago would suggest she wan to remain in the job.

There isn't any real sign the messages were leaked by her so again its a pretty thin line of reasoning
Merc should employ her, and perhaps she will be able to convince AN and Max over as well.

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 03:28
Wouter wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 18:54
FW17 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 18:44
That is not the case. The Austrian office would be happy to have Horner as the head of the team as long as he grovels to them and treats them like Gods.
So you're okay with Horner only talking to Yoovidhya about wanting to buy the RBR team, behind the backs of Mateschitz junior and Mintzlaff? Thats the reason they want him to leave. Horner is a power-hungry man.
Why do you have a problem with Horner taling to the majority shareholder, Yoovidhya?
Is it beacue he is not European?
#-o

Read my message again please.
...... Horner only talking to Yoovidhya about wanting to buy the RBR team,
behind the backs of Mateschitz junior and Mintzlaff. Thats the reason they want him to leave.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 05:05

What is the purpose of posting an old photo of Adrian Newey and his former wife and Horner from the back?

And what is the purpose of posting a huge photo of Horner and Norris?
The Power of Dreams!

FW17

Wouter wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 08:50
What is the purpose of posting an old photo of Adrian Newey and his former wife and Horner from the back?

Christian's way of getting Adrian was bumping into him at the paddock over the race weekend

Isn't it a bit strange that Horner speaking to Norris with a lot of rumors of trying to get him makes more sense. Drivers had been Helmut Marko's department, a bit strange for Horner fishing for one. He blocked one of the 4 seats with Riccardo, Honda blocked one with Yuki, I am quiet sure Perez is still around because of Horner. Then Norris was being called upon.

I would not be surprised that Norris has a get out clause at Mclaren that he can leave if he gets Max's seat at Red Bull. That would make it no Helmut Drivers at Red Bull for 2025

peewon

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 09:20
Wouter wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 08:50

Christian's way of getting Adrian was bumping into him at the paddock over the race weekend

Isn't it a bit strange that Horner speaking to Norris with a lot of rumors of trying to get him makes more sense. Drivers had been Helmut Marko's department, a bit strange for Horner fishing for one. He blocked one of the 4 seats with Riccardo, Honda blocked one with Yuki, I am quiet sure Perez is still around because of Horner. Then Norris was being called upon.

I would not be surprised that Norris has a get out clause at Mclaren that he can leave if he gets Max's seat at Red Bull. That would make it no Helmut Drivers at Red Bull for 2025
Hasn't it come out that Norris turned down the RB offer. I think Norris knows from racing with him enough that he's not beating Max in the same car, especially with the team aligned behind Max. The best chance is to have a slightly better car. Maybe the pay at McLaren is only significantly better.

FW17

Wouter wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 08:42
FW17 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 18:54

So you're okay with Horner only talking to Yoovidhya about wanting to buy the RBR team, behind the backs of Mateschitz junior and Mintzlaff? Thats the reason they want him to leave. Horner is a power-hungry man.
Why do you have a problem with Horner taling to the majority shareholder, Yoovidhya?
#-o

behind the backs of Mateschitz junior and Mintzlaff. Thats the reason they want him to leave.
Are there any decision makers in Austria? Since Nov 2022, No.

Moving the F1 team out of one holding company to another with more shareholders is quiet a large undertaking and would need consent of the majority of the 2 shareholders.

It was better for Christian to approach Yoovidhya to get on with his agenda. He was trying to protect the team from a new corporate management structure at the holding company, whom he sees as in experienced and a threat to the competitiveness of the team and its partners (such as Ford, FOM, FIA etc.)

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 09:29
Wouter wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 08:42
FW17 wrote:

#-o

Are there any decision makers in Austria? Since Nov 2022, No.

Moving the F1 team out of one holding company to another with more shareholders is quiet a large undertaking and would need consent of the majority of the 2 shareholders.

It was better for Christian to approach Yoovidhya to get on with his agenda. He was trying to protect the team from a new corporate management structure at the holding company, whom he sees as in experienced and a threat to the competitiveness of the team and its partners (such as Ford, FOM, FIA etc.)
You completely missed my point for the second time. I've underlined it for you. Never mind.
The Power of Dreams!