2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Another stinker from Hamilton. That final Q2 lap was slower than Russell on a used set, riddled with mistakes.

DGP123
DGP123

Cs98 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:15
Another stinker from Hamilton. That final Q2 lap was slower than Russell on a used set, riddled with mistakes.
P10 & P11 was the difference at the end of Q2. Hardly amazing from Russell, but you’ve only posted for one reason.

Cs98
Cs98

DGP123 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:19
Cs98 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:15
P10 & P11 was the difference at the end of Q2. Hardly amazing from Russell, but you’ve only posted for one reason.
If you had bothered watching you'd have known Russell was told to abort his final push lap on new tyres already in S1 because he was safe, and he was improving then. So Russell never set a time on new softs in Q2. Calling it a Hamilton stinker is more than justified.

venkyhere
venkyhere

I have a feeling it's case of - no one has the balls to tell a 7 time wdc to "hey, we are the engineers, look how we have setup the car for George, listen to us".
Because the more I see these "Lewis has offered his car for some experiements" narrative, my gut feel tells me the reality might be "Look guys, I will control the car setup, not you, you have not given me a good car for the past 2 yrs, better listen to me".

dialtone
dialtone

Russell closed quali 0.8s behind pole and you all are talking about Ham washed because he was 0.059 behind his teammate after meeting traffic in s3.

j_ste
j_ste

venkyhere wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:37
I have a feeling it's case of - no one has the balls to tell a 7 time wdc to "hey, we are the engineers, look how we have setup the car for George, listen to us".
Because the more I see these "Lewis has offered his car for some experiements" narrative, my gut feel tells me the reality might be "Look guys, I will control the car setup, not you, you have not given me a good car for the past 2 yrs, better listen to me".
So he listens to them and finishes where? 7th or 8th? Oh boy, lets not get a nose bleed.

He did the same thing last year and finished 3rd. He has always done this. You try and do something remarkable and if you cant, you settle for mid. You dont accept mid from the get go...which unfortunstely, is all that the stock Mercedes plan can do.

JordanMugen

Sevach wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 08:21
Blah, blah, blah potential... this is a mid grid car.
It's a really solid mid grid car! Nothing wrong with that.

Dismissing Elliot seems rather unwise, if the W13 is the best performing car out of the W13, W14 and W15. Elliot's skill and experience might be Alpine F1 Team's gain.

It's ironic that Mercedes GP said they were glad to see the back of the W13 and put it in some dark corner of the museum, if -- as a race winner -- it is actually the best of the whole series of cars! The singular vision and goal of the W13 was very impressive, it looked cool with the rear end dragging along the ground and the slim bodywork.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 23 Mar 2024, 13:59, edited 2 times in total.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

JordanMugen wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 13:55
Sevach wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 08:21
Blah, blah, blah potential... this is a mid grid car.
It's a really solid mid grid car! Nothing wrong with that.

Dismissing Elliot seems rather unwise, if the W13 is the best performing car out of the W13, W14 and W15. Elliot's skill and experience might be Alpine F1 Team's gain.
I bet old Mike is sitting in his living room and watching this 'new' concept failing. He's probably laughing his arse off now. New concept old problems

organic

dialtone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 10:40
Russell closed quali 0.8s behind pole and you all are talking about Ham washed because he was 0.059 behind his teammate after meeting traffic in s3.
It was not traffic but a slide that cost him. And this 0.059s was with new tyres for his final run with good conditions Vs Russell's banker lap set on a used set. Ham is less consistent than Russell in qualifying when the car is more unpredictable. He then often makes it back and then some in the race. This is another example of pattern that we've seen emerge since beginning of '22.

Jurgen von Diaz

j_ste wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
So he listens to them and finishes where? 7th or 8th? Oh boy, lets not get a nose bleed.

He did the same thing last year and finished 3rd. He has always done this. You try and do something remarkable and if you cant, you settle for mid. You dont accept mid from the get go...which unfortunstely, is all that the stock Mercedes plan can do.
And end of the season Lewisfans will be telling that the season cannot be counted cause Lewis was guinea pig. Just like '22. And Lewis were saying that he is fine with George been ahead of him cause he can't battle for the championship. But then '23 Lewis was so excited about P3 when George was behind of him. Typical Lewis.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

dialtone wrote:
6 races in a row that Russell has out qualified him.

Hamilton isn't getting any younger and Russell is elite. Shouldn't surprise anyone

Il Leone
Il Leone

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 14:09
j_ste wrote:
venkyhere wrote:

And end of the season Lewisfans will be telling that the season cannot be counted cause Lewis was guinea pig. Just like '22. And Lewis were saying that he is fine with George been ahead of him cause he can't battle for the championship. But then '23 Lewis was so excited about P3 when George was behind of him. Typical Lewis.
Yep, when the facts are all drivers try different things and are prone to go to extremes when they are struggling.

Farnborough
Farnborough

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 14:11
dialtone wrote:

Hamilton isn't getting any younger and Russell is elite. Shouldn't surprise anyone
GR properly binned it Singapore last year as the pressure cranked up, still a lot to learn to make elite grade I feel.

Il Leone
Il Leone

Farnborough wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 14:16
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
dialtone wrote:

GR properly binned it Singapore last year as the pressure cranked up, still a lot to learn to make elite grade I feel.
2023 counts for nothing this season, you can't keep hanging on to that. Russell has been super composed in Bahrain & Jeddah, I expect a measured drive tomorrow.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Farnborough wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 14:16
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
dialtone wrote:

The pressure is always on.

Russell was always an elite prospect. Just as Hamilton was. And Leclerc was. And Piastri was. And Hamilton made the exact same kinds of mistakes early on like Singapore 2023 too
Last edited by TeamKoolGreen on 23 Mar 2024, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.