2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

arkbird wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 23:55
I don't think Lewis is washed but I fear that when he'll truly needs to go to his top gear again it won't be there anymore because he hasn't tried to reach that limit in a long time.
No. His top gear has long gone since 2018. He is an old, covid-riddled, receeding-hairlined, and declining driver. He's simply checking out at Merc. He really doesn't care to fight for minor places in the championship and the car is too slow to even siff a a podium this year....

Russell on the other hand is driving his heart out to prove that he can be team leader. He's brushing barriers, wringing the neck and monitoring tyre temps every meter. Totally different career phase and frame of mind verses Lewis.

I am taking it race by race. Mostly watching the sport thru agnostic glasses.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

zibby43
zibby43

Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:25
zibby43 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:19
El_KaPpa wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:06
Marcedes' car is slow on straight line and stable as a one-legged duck in corners, the back end is all over the place – a crap combination. Without confidence in your machinery, it's not worth the effort and I'm convinced Hamilton's mind is elsewhere, no matter what he says about wanting to help. The situation is pretty tense, even if it doesn't let it show.
I can’t imagine what it must be like to go from eating filet mignon every day to dog crap. Because that’s what has effectively happened. No way it doesn’t affect someone’s long-term motivation.

I think LH still attacks each weekend the best he can (races serve as evidence of that), but as he gets older and naturally probably loses a little bit of sharpness over a single timed lap, all of the car inconsistency, experiments, instability and paper-thin setup window do him no favors.

LH seems to be trying to mold the car into something he wants, and GR seems to be driving around/just coping with the inherent dog crap DNA to get the best time out of it as-is.

In the race, on heavier fuel, the cars’ (W13 to present) worst features are more tamed, and that’s where Hamilton’s experience has shown.
A lot of inventing there mate, why do we need a dossier every time Lewis is outperformed? Russell is just doing better this year with a new car, it's Hamilton's job to beat his teammate, he needs to sort himself out, if he actually can of course.
You’re so blinded by your agenda that you couldn’t even see that I ceded that Lewis may be getting slower over a single lap and that George is doing a good job extracting maximum potential in qualifying with the cars he has been given.

May want to come on a little less strong with the LH-bashing. Weakens the occasional decent points you do offer.

Mosin123
Mosin123

RonMexico wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:40
Mosin123 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:38
Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:05

Yes, who is not really that highly regarded anymore and is never in the discussion when talking about the greats.
Vettel is still considered one of the top 10 drivers in f1 history. MSC is still considered one too, even though he got easily beaten by Rosberg. History doesnt get deleted because some one ages.
Depends who they are beaten by
Like?

I mean, LH is losing techincally to GR ( After 3 races?? I though we was in for a 24 race season, didnt know the championship is over alrdy...), but lets be honest, LH is driving a Ferrari next year, I dont think he cares, he HAS to do one more season in a team that still hasnt worked it out, he is a 7 time world champion ( 8 ).

Was LH to old last season? or was he just that much better than GR he finished best of the rest while GR finsihed behind not 1, not 2, but 3 different constructor teams ( Not counting RB ) ..........
Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:40
Mosin123 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:38
Il Leone wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 20:05

Yes, who is not really that highly regarded anymore and is never in the discussion when talking about the greats.
Vettel is still considered one of the top 10 drivers in f1 history. MSC is still considered one too, even though he got easily beaten by Rosberg. History doesnt get deleted because some one ages.
It doesn't get deleted but it certainly gets questioned, even Schumacher's legacy was harmed after getting defeated by Rosberg.
No, i dont think it does.I cant picture to many saying it does.

Its not like he got beat by Ricciardo.

Luscion
Luscion

Horrible start to the season for Lewis, this time through no fault of his own

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

This car is so slow in race trim its actually making George look bad. He lost a second a lap to Perez when he was passed. Lewis is a misnomer now, lost his touch and the handle of the car, washed out and too old hahaha...been reading some comments here. Lewis has nothing to prove to this team. His mind is already in a Ferrari, its not an excuse, just a fact. The team will start moulding itself around Russell now, and that is more than right from Mercedes because he is their future. I'm not a Lewis or George fan but all the Lewis bashing seems unnecessary now. Hate diminished logical thinking...

Jurgen von Diaz

Lewis has nothing to prove, but can't say same about his fans. When Lewis will leave to Ferrari 1-2 lost to Russell, the guinea pig theorys is gonna have wings about '22 and '24. Look Sainz and look Hamilton, good luck Ferrari.

kenshi_blind

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:04
Lewis has nothing to prove, but can't say same about his fans. When Lewis will leave to Ferrari 1-2 lost to Russell, the guinea pig theorys is gonna have wings about '22 and '24. Look Sainz and look Hamilton, good luck Ferrari.
What guinea pig theory? the team itself admitted running experiments on Lewis's car, extreme setup and whatnot? what does that have to do with Lewis's fans ? what kind of nonsensical logic is this?
Good luck Ferrari ? recency bias is a hell of a drug huh?

j_ste
j_ste

It looks like they might be faster than Aston...might be. But its a ciggie paper between them.

McLaren is long gone from Mercedes view. That team is building and building. Another very bad weekend for this team

And he hits the wall. Christ alive
Last edited by j_ste on 24 Mar 2024, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

Confirmed engine failure

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
I dont buy the experiment and guinea pig agenda for a minute. Lewis is human. He can be beaten. Rosberg, Button and Russell have done it. We just need to stop bashing him but also not release an entire docuseries on why his is slow here...no excuses for anyone. Russell must be judged by the same standard as well when lewis leaves.

Jurgen von Diaz

kenshi_blind wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
What guinea pig theory? the team itself admitted running experiments on Lewis's car, extreme setup and whatnot? what does that have to do with Lewis's fans ? what kind of nonsensical logic is this?
If I had a dollar everytime when some mentions Russell beat Hamilton '22 because he was guinea pig, I would be a millionare. This season is gonna be the same.

Luscion
Luscion

Jdn1327 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:17
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
I dont buy the experiment and guinea pig agenda for a minute. Lewis is human. He can be beaten. Rosberg, Button and Russell have done it. We just need to stop bashing him but also not release an entire docuseries on why his is slow here...no excuses for anyone. Russell must be judged by the same standard as well when lewis leaves.
So Lewis, Shovlin and Toto are all lying? Merc saying they planned on doing experiments a week before Australia and that they did extreme test with Lewis' car in fp2 is all just a big lie to, what, protect lewis?
Last edited by Luscion on 24 Mar 2024, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Lol

kenshi_blind

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:18
kenshi_blind wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
If I had a dollar everytime when some mentions Russell beat Hamilton '22 because he was guinea pig, I would be a millionare. This season is gonna be the same.
thought we could have a discussion grounded in reality, that was my mistake . :mrgreen:

dialtone
dialtone

Is that your king? RUS? high speed corner so tight against the car in front? May as well call this Singapore.

In all seriousness, the car isn't good, both drivers aren't racing to their strengths, comparing them is useless.