2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Luscion wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:29
Result of Russell's crash, sure a bunch of people are taking pics of that floor

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJaYHNYXwAA ... ame=medium
Surely nobody wants piece of that crap floor…
I think it was Adrian Newey who said that even backmarker cars are worth learning from and have interesting solutions.

The teams will be all over these floor pictures.

Luscion
Luscion

Il Leone wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:24
Luscion wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:24
Jdn1327 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:17

I dont buy the experiment and guinea pig agenda for a minute. Lewis is human. He can be beaten. Rosberg, Button and Russell have done it. We just need to stop bashing him but also not release an entire docuseries on why his is slow here...no excuses for anyone. Russell must be judged by the same standard as well when lewis leaves.
So Lewis, Shovlin and Toto are all lying? Merc saying they planned on doing experiments a week before Australia and that they did extreme test with Lewis' car in fp2 is all just a big lie to, what, protect lewis?

Shov busted that myth, it's getting silly now. The facts are Lewis was trying more extreme setups out of necessity because he was struggling much more than Russell, just like this season.

You fans think are acting like he was a willing sacrificial lamb, giving up certain better results for the good of the team, hogwash!

Shovlin this week -
Unfortunately, FP2 wasn't as strong. Lewis felt that we had gone in the wrong direction with our changes. Frustratingly, they weren't quick to unwind so he had to live with that throughout the session.

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/aust ... -melbourne

Last edited by Luscion on 24 Mar 2024, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.

j_ste
j_ste

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:59
j_ste wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:44
Nobody is denying experiments. Lewis is leaving the team so why it's always and again Lewis that sacrifices to do experiments that costs speed of his? Lewis is doing these extreme experiments for himself, not for the team that has been said '22. Lewis should say fix you own --- car with Russell, he is not test driver here.
Why would he not experiment? He wants to win and the only way to do that is to find solutions and quickly.

He has always been this way. Its just that in the past, they were quick...now they arent and the issues are glaring.
Of course it's free choice but don't give me that bullshit end of the season that Hamilton lost because of experiments. Half of the season '22 Lewis said he is tired of experiments and George should do it more, well who is forcing him to do it? Lewis should be like Sainz, challenging team mate and not to be a number two or test driver.
Lewis should be like Sainz? Lewis should be who he has been his entire career...losing a teammate battle in a mid car is of zero consequence.
Last year he finished third...did he seem happy? Was the team happy? Exactly.

Jurgen von Diaz

Luscion wrote:
Il Leone wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:38
Luscion wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:30

Shovlin this week -
https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/news/aust ... -melbourne
Note the world's "Lewis felt." It's as though the team know it was the right direction but Hamilton couldn't get to grips with it.

Hamilton is struggling like 2022 and is looking for the magic bullet, let's not pretend he's selflessly sacrificing his race weekends for the good of the team.
good lord... its like people forget 2022 when talks of experiments stopped and he started out performing Russell consistently in the second half of the season
Oh really? After summer break '22 Lewis 94 pts and Russell 117 pts.

Jurgen von Diaz

j_ste wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:59
j_ste wrote: Why would he not experiment? He wants to win and the only way to do that is to find solutions and quickly.

He has always been this way. Its just that in the past, they were quick...now they arent and the issues are glaring.
Of course it's free choice but don't give me that bullshit end of the season that Hamilton lost because of experiments. Half of the season '22 Lewis said he is tired of experiments and George should do it more, well who is forcing him to do it? Lewis should be like Sainz, challenging team mate and not to be a number two or test driver.
Lewis should be like Sainz? Lewis should be who he has been his entire career...losing a teammate battle in a mid car is of zero consequence.
Last year he finished third...did he seem happy? Was the team happy? Exactly.
Lewis is saying it doesn't matter what his position is if he isn't battling championship. Well he was so excited to be P3 last year. Seems like when he is behind teammate he "is not interested" positions in the championships and then goes behind the guinea pig theory and fans buy it.

What a clusterfvck. It’s difficult to even pick a starting point with the criticism. Fortuitous I didn’t even bother & woke up to the results.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Il Leone
Il Leone

214270 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 09:06
What a clusterfvck. It’s difficult to even pick a starting point with the criticism. Fortuitous I didn’t even bother & woke up to the results.
Not all too terrible, Russell had good pace in the end, they will unlock more performance with some updates.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:47
Luscion wrote:
Il Leone wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:38

Note the world's "Lewis felt." It's as though the team know it was the right direction but Hamilton couldn't get to grips with it.

Hamilton is struggling like 2022 and is looking for the magic bullet, let's not pretend he's selflessly sacrificing his race weekends for the good of the team.
good lord... its like people forget 2022 when talks of experiments stopped and he started out performing Russell consistently in the second half of the season
Lewis was on form to beat Russell in the last I think 4 out of 5 of the last races or so at the end of the year but had to retire at the last race in abu dhabi after he started dropping back from 4th place with a hydraulics fault and had to retire.

Add those 12 points removed for reasons not related to driver performance and you get 116.

Then you have four of George's points in 2022 came from being in enough of a no man's land to the cars in front and behind that he could pit for free and do fastest laps. Not necessarily because he was actually doing well in those races he got extra points.

So yes, Lewis did begin consistently out performing George toward the end of the season as the poster you quoted said, and if not for a mechanical DNF would have finished a point behind George despite sacrificing the first half of the season doing setup experiments George didn't have to.

If points told the whole story, there would be humans somewhere on earth who thought Button finishing higher than Hamilton in 2012 meant he performed better than Lewis that year, but there is nobody who thinks that, because points don't tell the whole story. Lots of hyperbole there, but the points still stands 🤣

zibby43
zibby43

Jurgen von Diaz

GrizzleBoy wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:47
Luscion wrote: good lord... its like people forget 2022 when talks of experiments stopped and he started out performing Russell consistently in the second half of the season
Lewis was on form to beat Russell in the last I think 4 out of 5 of the last races or so at the end of the year but had to retire at the last race in abu dhabi after he started dropping back from 4th place with a hydraulics fault and had to retire.

Add those 12 points removed for reasons not related to driver performance and you get 116.

Then you have four of George's points in 2022 came from being in enough of a no man's land to the cars in front and behind that he could pit for free and do fastest laps. Not necessarily because he was actually doing well in those races he got extra points.

So yes, Lewis did begin consistently out performing George toward the end of the season as the poster you quoted said, and if not for a mechanical DNF would have finished a point behind George despite sacrificing the first half of the season doing setup experiments George didn't have to.

If points told the whole story, there would be humans somewhere on earth who thought Button finishing higher than Hamilton in 2012 meant he performed better than Lewis that year, but there is nobody who thinks that, because points don't tell the whole story. Lots of hyperbole there, but the points still stands
Here we go again, Lewis "sacrificing". He is leaving the team so why the hell is still sacrifing his weekends? He should press the gas pedal like Sainz does who is driving for himself. Lewis does these experiments for himself not for the team. Give me a break.

Luscion
Luscion

If the transcripts of Alonso's radio are true, he was having issues with the car

Alonso: “Check the throttle”

Engineer comes back: “Yeah we see it”

Alonso: “Something’s stuck, I’m pushing with all my strength”— referring to the throttle becoming sticky

Engineer: “Copy yeah, we see it”

Double yellows come out

Engineer: “MFB blue”— referring to an engine mode to rectify the issue

Alonso; “I don’t know if I can get it back”

Video below doesnt have the radio just showing his alleged issues

Il Leone wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 09:08
214270 wrote:
Not all too terrible, Russell had good pace in the end, they will unlock more performance with some updates.
Was it true good pace or was he just hunting down an injured car ahead which made it look pretty?
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Il Leone
Il Leone

214270 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 09:51
Il Leone wrote:
214270 wrote:
Was it true good pace or was he just hunting down an injured car ahead which made it look pretty?
Will have to see the laptimes when they are published

Jurgen von Diaz

Il Leone wrote:
214270 wrote:
Il Leone wrote:
Btw. Where these laptimes can be found?

Il Leone
Il Leone

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 10:05
Il Leone wrote:
214270 wrote:

Btw. Where these laptimes can be found?
A few sites, the FIA site, Pitwall app, en.McLaren, etc.