2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
atanatizante

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

The track temp was constant at 28 degrees Celsius for the entire qualy session but what was worth to mention was the fact that on RUS`s car after the 13 lap race simulation on M tyres in FP3 they discovered the planck had too much wear and Ted Kravitz reported that they were changing it for the rest of the session ...

Then in the dying minutes of the session he simulated a hot lap at the same time HAM did and the latter was 5 tenths faster ... so sadly they need to raise the ride height hence loose performance in the qualy and presumably for the race too ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Luscion
Luscion

atanatizante wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:26
The track temp was constant at 28 degrees Celsius for the entire qualy session but what was worth to mention was the fact that on RUS`s car after the 13 lap race simulation on M tyres in FP3 they discovered the planck had too much wear and Ted Kravitz reported that they were changing it for the rest of the session ...

Then in the dying minutes of the session he simulated a hot lap at the same time HAM did and the latter was 5 tenths faster ... so sadly they need to raise the ride height hence loose performance in the qualy and presumably for the race too ...
When you say they, do you mean the team as a whole or just Russell, cause Lewis' car was still sparking quite a bit and i dont think Ted mentioned that Russell's plank wore too much (i could be wrong) just that they were changing the skid block

SKYnRacing24

Interesting. I missed FP3 but this would make sense in terms of lap time. They will most likely struggle in race pace. Was Lewis on a Race pace sim aswell ?
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

atanatizante

Luscion wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:31
atanatizante wrote:

[/quo
When you say they, do you mean the team as a whole or just Russell, cause Lewis' car was still sparking quite a bit and i dont think Ted mentioned that Russell's plank wore too much (i could be wrong) just that they were changing the skid block
I don't have any proof that they did changed the Planck but it's the obvious thing to do bearing in mind what happened with HAM in Austin, don't you think? In addition RUS's car seems to spark lees than his teammates car so maybe they did precautionary measures on his car only ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Next year is going to be messy IMO, you just rarely hear RUS talk in these terms. How involved is he in shaping the car performance direction?. Always cones across like it’s HAMs burden.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Espresso
Espresso

atanatizante wrote:
…they discovered the planck had too much wear and Ted Kravitz reported that they were changing it for the rest of the session ...

Which implicates they f’d up. Lowering the right height to solve it still isn’t the solution. Why they try this again and again?

They need to design a floor that’s functional at and above the mandatory ride height. Get back to the drawing table, clean your mind about past design (failures) and do it. Seeing the other elements it’s clear the knowledge is there.
But it seems they keep dragging through with ideas from the 2021 era….

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

atanatizante wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:49
Luscion wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 09:31
atanatizante wrote:

[/quo
I don't have any proof that they did changed the Planck but it's the obvious thing to do bearing in mind what happened with HAM in Austin, don't you think? In addition RUS's car seems to spark lees than his teammates car so maybe they did precautionary measures on his car only ...
That's some heavy duty conjecture though. There was no mention of merc saying there was wear on the plank or skid blocks...even if they did raise the ride height other teams improved over a second between fp3 and q3...so merc didn't jump as far forward.

kenshi_blind

How can one make a post that reeks certainty as if it was well sourced and when asked to provide receipts/proofs, all of a sudden, it's conjectures and speculations? no wonder why the quality of the discussion in the thread more often than not goes to --- ...

Venturiation
Venturiation

Next season, 6 names will transfer from Mercedes to Ferrari. The agreement between the teams has been completed."

PlatinumZealot

Woah. What abiut the anti-paoching clause?!! Six people is a lot to fillow a driver all at once?! Have they found some loophole?!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

j_ste
j_ste

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Apr 2024, 23:05
Woah. What abiut the anti-paoching clause?!! Six people is a lot to fillow a driver all at once?! Have they found some loophole?!
How can you prove that a specific poached you?

Fred can go after whomever he pleases

billamend
billamend

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Pretty sure anti-poaching clauses are illegal. For instance, Apple and Google had to pay a massive fine because of that. And I'm convinced that it's illegal both in the EU and in the UK. Yes, it's normal for those to exit in contracts, but they're not really binding because they would never stand in court.

dialtone
dialtone

billamend wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Pretty sure anti-poaching clauses are illegal. For instance, Apple and Google had to pay a massive fine because of that. And I'm convinced that it's illegal both in the EU and in the UK. Yes, it's normal for those to exit in contracts, but they're not really binding because they would never stand in court.
That’s jurisdiction dependent. It’s not so much that they are illegal though, they are unenforceable. At least in California.

Apple and Google, and others, had to pay a fine because of an email trail where they were agreeing on what rates to apply to each other’s poaching. And cartels are indeed illegal.

billamend
billamend

dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 00:51
That’s jurisdiction dependent. It’s not so much that they are illegal though, they are unenforceable. At least in California.
Fair.
dialtone wrote:
07 Apr 2024, 00:51
Apple and Google, and others, had to pay a fine because of an email trail where they were agreeing on what rates to apply to each other’s poaching. And cartels are indeed illegal.
Good point, you're right.