2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SSJ4
SSJ4

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

whatever they've done so far. they have definitely improved the amount lost on Saturday to Sunday compared to Bahrain

-wkst-
-wkst-

Yes, but we have to consider that Suzuka had only 1 DRS zone, where the car excels, I believe with 2 DRS zones (around the 130R), the car would have been a threat for NOR in qualifying.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 13:12
Yes, but we have to consider that Suzuka had only 1 DRS zone, where the car excels, I believe with 2 DRS zones (around the 130R), the car would have been a threat for NOR in qualifying.
It was down the start finish straight and the opening line was late. Agreed, tough to pass in Japan. I believe that is cause the undercut is powerful.

Merc run alot less rear wing than AMR.

Otromundo

I don't take Suzuka's statistics into consideration due to the dramatic change of dates this season. It's "another Suzuka." Although there is one striking thing: traditionally those from the cavallino never did well, but this year... for that and other details I think Ferrari will be difficult to catch up.

The car promises. It seems that it has good qualities to be the third team in the last third of races of the season. It would be nice to pair up with the Ferraris in the race or at least see them up close.

There hasn't been a race in Shanghai for 4 years now, I think. We'll have to see how the track is, which is a tire devourer. I think it's great that after Suzuka comes Shanghai. They are two very demanding tests, in a row. If the car looks like a plane in turns 1-2 and doesn't eat tires... and we'll see what happens to the other teams... very interesting.

If it rains maybe it would favor Fernando, I think.

Edited: All this without losing sight of the McL who are the first enemy to defeat if the MB continue to nap, of course.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

xReVo
xReVo

Otromundo wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 14:59
I don't take Suzuka's statistics into consideration due to the dramatic change of dates this season. It's "another Suzuka." Although there is one striking thing: traditionally those from the cavallino never did well, but this year... for that and other details I think Ferrari will be difficult to catch up.

The car promises. It seems that it has good qualities to be the third team in the last third of races of the season. It would be nice to pair up with the Ferraris in the race or at least see them up close.

There hasn't been a race in Shanghai for 4 years now, I think. We'll have to see how the track is, which is a tire devourer. I think it's great that after Suzuka comes Shanghai. They are two very demanding tests, in a row. If the car looks like a plane in turns 1-2 and doesn't eat tires... and we'll see what happens to the other teams... very interesting.

If it rains maybe it would favor Fernando, I think.

Edited: All this without losing sight of the McL who are the first enemy to defeat if the MB continue to nap, of course.
Alonso was a monster in Shanghai in the past, probably due to tire management. Aston Martin is ok in terms of tire degradation, it could be a favorable circuit. If it rains, it's not there for anyone, but it doesn't happen

Waz
Waz

Alonso is exceptional at Shanghai, especially in the tricky S1, and the last corner sequence in S3.

That long, long straight might be a problem, but it seemed that only Ferrari and Red Bull have better top speed of the top 5 teams

NAPI10
NAPI10

Car characteristic has changed so much ; it's difficult to predict 'Tracks' which will suit AMR24.
Slow corners at Shanghai will need good traction which use be strength of this team. It will be interesting to see AMR24 performance here.

Big Gun
Big Gun

With Aston Marin gaining 1.7 seconds compare to Q3 last year ( which is by far the best improvement) If I was Alonso and RBR wasnt avaiable I would stay with Aton Martin, it finally seems they are heading in the right direction.....

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

For me, Aston looks promise. we need wait for more, but. Aston looks in the right way this year and, i dont know, i dont trust on Mclaren. I think Mclaren will be Aston 2023 this year and they loss perfomance during the year. Aston will be thrid team, because is how Alonso said ' we dont have much problems on a specific area, maybe put more dow,force in general", in the opposite way, Mclaren is so Draggy and Mercedes looks lost in the universe and looks still be collecting glass pieces from "Hamilton's departure". RedBull and Ferrari are stable and secure theyself. I think Alonso will be retired or renew. Aston really show us a team where the car is so great, but, just need more downforce.
Last edited by Rikrikrik on 08 Apr 2024, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 16:51
For me, Aston looks promise. we need wait for more, but. Aston looks in the right way this year and, i dont know, i dont trust on Mclaren. I think Mclaren will be Aston 2023 this year and they loss perfomance during the year. Aston will be thrid team, because is how Alonso said ' we dont have much problems on a specific area, maybe put more dow,force in general", in the opposite way, Mclaren is so Draggy and Mercedes looks lost in the universe and looks still be collecting glass pieces from "Hamilton's departure". RedBull and Ferrari are stable and secure theyself. I think Alonso will be retired or resign. Aston really show us a team where the car is so great, but, just need more downforce.
I don't see Alo missing on the 2026 opportunity, even with Aston.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Xyz22 wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 17:08
Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 16:51
For me, Aston looks promise. we need wait for more, but. Aston looks in the right way this year and, i dont know, i dont trust on Mclaren. I think Mclaren will be Aston 2023 this year and they loss perfomance during the year. Aston will be thrid team, because is how Alonso said ' we dont have much problems on a specific area, maybe put more dow,force in general", in the opposite way, Mclaren is so Draggy and Mercedes looks lost in the universe and looks still be collecting glass pieces from "Hamilton's departure". RedBull and Ferrari are stable and secure theyself. I think Alonso will be retired or resign. Aston really show us a team where the car is so great, but, just need more downforce.
I don't see Alo missing on the 2026 opportunity, even with Aston.
Yeah, i wrote wrong. I mean, i think Alonso will retired or renew with Aston, i really dont see better opportunity, including Redbull, i will prefer deposite my confidence in Aston looking 2026 instead Redbull, honestly. I really trust on Aston for 2026.

SSJ4
SSJ4

https://formu1a.uno/en/aston-martin-upg ... -on-amr24/

So 3-4 tenths improvement from Bahrain. But prior to td last year only red bull were better from Saturday to Sunday differential.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Schmidt Video Blog:
He knows some people inside AMR and they more or less confirmed him that AMR definitely wants to sign Newey. Currently Newey should have a contract/stay at RBR at least until the hypercar project is finished (autumn 2025).
Updates work.

diffuser

Waz wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 15:32
Alonso is exceptional at Shanghai, especially in the tricky S1, and the last corner sequence in S3.

That long, long straight might be a problem, but it seemed that only Ferrari and Red Bull have better top speed of the top 5 teams
They'll very likely not use the same setup in China as they did in Japan. If they do still use a big rear wing, the other side of using a big rear wing is you're usually very fast in the slower sections. Which allows you to catch up to other cars there. if you can get close enough, you can use the big speed differential of their DRS. So they'll be slow if being caught from behind on the long straight but it will not hurt thier chances of passing on the long straight if they're catching cars in the slow section.
Last edited by diffuser on 08 Apr 2024, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
08 Apr 2024, 20:50
Schmidt Video Blog:
He knows some people inside AMR and they more or less confirmed him that AMR definitely wants to sign Newey. Currently Newey should have a contract/stay at RBR at least until the hypercar project is finished (autumn 2025).
Updates work.
I'm not saying yea or nay but name me one team that wouldn't want to sign Newey