2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
abhi1200
abhi1200

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This means he can be a mentor of the team as he said it's the longest contract of his career beyond driver duties.👇many many year to come

F1doc
F1doc

Good news for AM.

What would make this better is an announcement that Lance will retire.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Very interesting news today ! That video scared many as we thought he wanted to do a video like Vettel :D

A Spanish news stated that Alonso had an offer from Red Bull with an ultimatum to decide quickly :
https://www.lasexta.com/noticias/deport ... 5f680.html

They say that the reason of Alonso's decline was that he did not want to be along side Verstappen, but I think he knows information about the 2026 regs and the Honda engine this why he turned it down for Aston.

Let him cook now !

Wouter

Alonso_fin wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:35
Alex_Z wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:20
So basically he had zero options at the top 3 teams so had to settle.

To think ppl thought he had a geniune chance at Mercedes and RBR :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mercedes fan I presume... [What else?! :lol: ] Brackley team are in a slump, only thing they can give to you fans are empty promises -
thank god Aston won't be using their crooked wind tunnel next year! Mercedes always "gathering data", when the races
don't go their way :D
how many of the remaining staff will resign after this year? :lol:
Great reply !! =D> =D> =D>
The Power of Dreams!

-wkst-
-wkst-

Well, when he said that Mercedes is not such an attractive option last week, it was pretty obvious that he has a concrete deal on the table he wants to sign.

Personally I don't think that any other team was a realistic option in the end, otherwise the crazy driver market was obviously a good opportunity for him to negotiate a great deal with AMR. His for sure not cheaper the next two years and will get good money the following years too as an ambassador or whatever. Cleverly played...

peewon

If the RB offer was on the table, then I dont know why he wouldnt take it. It says he would only take it if Max left but honestly it would be the best chance to win a title even with Max there. And if not a title, then at least a few GP wins. AM is currently 2 pit stop windows behind RB which isnt even pushing. Who even knows anything about 2026. A guy like Lando can wait a few more regulation cycles to compete for a title and so makes less sense to go to a team consolidated around an all time great driver like Max. I personally have doubts whether that offer was truly there but if hes declined it then I dont agree with that decision at all for Alonso coz his best bet to win races would still be at RB.

diffuser

Cs98 wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 20:21
diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:57
Cs98 wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:54
Hmm, hopefully they ditch Stroll and we get an all Spanish line-up next season. Don't want to see Sainz in a bad team and I can't see him in a Merc unless Antonelli takes a seat elsewhere for 2-3 years.

Clearly there wasn't the interest from RBR as was being reported.

After all the BS Sainz put up with to leave RBR racing. I wonder if he'd go back there now ?
Don't know, maybe if he took a two year deal. But if Perez keeps performing like he is there won't be that opportunity I don't think.
diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:56
Exactly, he signed with a top 3 team.
Nah. Count the teams. Heck, even when Merc is struggling like this they are still ahead in the WCC.
Come on, we have 2 points fewer that Merc and we're carrying a boat anchor.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 22:03
If the RB offer was on the table, then I dont know why he wouldnt take it. It says he would only take it if Max left but honestly it would be the best chance to win a title even with Max there. And if not a title, then at least a few GP wins. AM is currently 2 pit stop windows behind RB which isnt even pushing. Who even knows anything about 2026. A guy like Lando can wait a few more regulation cycles to compete for a title and so makes less sense to go to a team consolidated around an all time great driver like Max. I personally have doubts whether that offer was truly there but if hes declined it then I dont agree with that decision at all for Alonso coz his best bet to win races would still be at RB.
You don't know cause you don't believe what he says. He said that "Loyalty was important to him, AMR gave him a chance 2 years ago without them, he'd be out".

Otromundo

-wkst- wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 21:13
Well, when he said that Mercedes is not such an attractive option last week, it was pretty obvious that he has a concrete deal on the table he wants to sign.

Personally I don't think that any other team was a realistic option in the end, otherwise the crazy driver market was obviously a good opportunity for him to negotiate a great deal with AMR. His for sure not cheaper the next two years and will get good money the following years too as an ambassador or whatever. Cleverly played...
I think the same
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Otromundo

The Spanish press publishes that FA remains in AM.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Redragon

Maybe those haters that said Honda will never allow it can finally eat their own negativity.

Happy for him and AM. Best project in my opinion towards new regulations

NAPI10
NAPI10

Good decision for both parties. Team loves Alonso & wants to make him the priority.
I just want to see Alonso winning at least one race for the team this season or next.

CHT
CHT

NAPI10 wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 00:36
Good decision for both parties. Team loves Alonso & wants to make him the priority.
I just want to see Alonso winning at least one race for the team this season or next.
I think Lance Stroll should step aside and look for seat in other team instead.

NAPI10
NAPI10

CHT wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 02:02
NAPI10 wrote:
I have a gut feeling; Sainz will replace Lance.
It's not often such a talented driver available to grab in the market. Lawrence will take the call & offload stakes to Aramco.

CHT
CHT

NAPI10 wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 03:01
CHT wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 02:02
NAPI10 wrote:
I have a gut feeling; Sainz will replace Lance.
It's not often such a talented driver available to grab in the market. Lawrence will take the call & offload stakes to Aramco.
Yes, Sainz will be an asset to the team. Having 2 Spanish bulls in the team will be exciting