2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Elite
Elite

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

If this is real let's just swap Hamilton and Sainz now! Why wait around when everyone wants something else. Surely there's some agreement to be made here. Though Sainz will want to reap the Ferrari speed for now.

DGP123
DGP123

Elite wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 18:51
If this is real let's just swap Hamilton and Sainz now! Why wait around when everyone wants something else. Surely there's some agreement to be made here. Though Sainz will want to reap the Ferrari speed for now.
That’s the problem. It isn’t real.

PlatinumZealot

Elite wrote:
Why would Sainz step down the grid now when he is a car that can bag podiums!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Cs98
Cs98

Elite wrote:
Everybody wants? Why would Sainz want to leave a race winning car for a car which is not as competitive currently? He has a contract, he will see it out, Hamilton will see his out.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 21:16
Elite wrote:
Theres no better option besides redbull, where he would be number 2 and get blown away by Max. Unless you think Papa Stroll is going to oust his son. I like Sainz for merc. Hes not slow, has good racing IQ and he’s helped improve Mclaren and Ferrari. Would be an excellent choice for them.

PlatinumZealot

The suggestion was for him and Lewis to swap mid-season and I was saying he would very dumb to do that, and Ferrari would be dumb to do that as well!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Dunlay
Dunlay

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 01:43
The suggestion was for him and Lewis to swap mid-season and I was saying he would very dumb to do that, and Ferrari would be dumb to do that as well!
LollipopmanF1 has a take on it. 👇 :)

FW17

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... /10599282/

Any idea what the sources of income for Merc Team? TV money would have been 105 million pounds, are the rest just sale of sponsorship, merchandise and car parts to customer teams?

I read somewhere that the team made 135 million pounds from sponsorship with Petronas contributing 50 million pounds and Ineos 20 million pounds

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to Spanish sources Mercedes gave Alonso a 1+1 contract offer (with option on Mercedes' side) but those terms weren't interesting to Alonso.

CHT
CHT

KimiRai wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 21:10
According to Spanish sources Mercedes gave Alonso a 1+1 contract offer (with option on Mercedes' side) but those terms weren't interesting to Alonso.
perhaps trying to keep the seat available for Max?

j_ste
j_ste

CHT wrote:
17 Apr 2024, 12:36
KimiRai wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 21:10
perhaps trying to keep the seat available for Max?
Or Kimi or anyone. Keeping your options constantly open is a good thing but not exciting for the person if your car isnt exciting.

Having a practice qually should be good this weekend.

basti313
basti313

Hammerfist wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 00:44
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Elite wrote:
Theres no better option besides redbull, where he would be number 2 and get blown away by Max. Unless you think Papa Stroll is going to oust his son. I like Sainz for merc. Hes not slow, has good racing IQ and he’s helped improve Mclaren and Ferrari. Would be an excellent choice for them.
Them is Merc in this case? Yes, maybe...
But generally this would in the end just wrap up the $hitshow:
- Ferrari burned money on a driver that replaces their currently faster driver most probably without no change.
- Worst case for Ferrari and Ham if Lec is faster than Ham in "his" team.
- Merc needs to burn money to hire Sainz on a short contract, who can negotiate his compensation with Audi and RedBull as other choices.
- Sainz needs to be spot on beating Russel in "his" team otherwise he will just keep the seat warm for Kimi.
- Ham fans need to get happy with the FIA Ferrari Mafia that they hated for 20 years now... (sorry :wink: ) and buy red shirts :?

So where is the win-win...where is any "win"? I currently feel like they just burn money with nothing that helps the teams or us fans especially if they just swap the drivers. I do not like it.
I would much more prefer, that it shakes up more. E.g. Sainz to RB or Audi, therefore Merc takes the Haas driver that looses his seat to Bearman or similar.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

basti313 wrote:
17 Apr 2024, 14:26
Hammerfist wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

- Ferrari burned money on a driver that replaces their currently faster driver most probably without no change.
- Merc needs to burn money to hire Sainz on a short contract, who can negotiate his compensation with Audi and RedBull as other choices.
- Sainz needs to be spot on beating Russel in "his" team otherwise he will just keep the seat warm for Kimi.
- Ham fans need to get happy with the FIA Ferrari Mafia that they hated for 20 years now... (sorry :wink: ) and buy red shirts :?

So where is the win-win...where is any "win"? I currently feel like they just burn money with nothing that helps the teams or us fans especially if they just swap the drivers. I do not like it.
I would much more prefer, that it shakes up more. E.g. Sainz to RB or Audi, therefore Merc takes the Haas driver that looses his seat to Bearman or similar.
Well to be fair...Sainz is only driving this way because there is no pressure for him now. If it came down to a championship he wouldn't perform the same. In my opinion...and I stress my opinion...there are only 3 drivers on the current grid that can withstand a full championship season. That is Verstappen, Alonso and Hamilton.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Jdn1327 wrote:
17 Apr 2024, 18:06
basti313 wrote:
17 Apr 2024, 14:26
Hammerfist wrote:

Well to be fair...Sainz is only driving this way because there is no pressure for him now. If it came down to a championship he wouldn't perform the same. In my opinion...and I stress my opinion...there are only 3 drivers on the current grid that can withstand a full championship season. That is Verstappen, Alonso and Hamilton.
I have to agree, its easy for Sainz now to be aggressive with nothing to lose, but under a championship stress I think he would see mistakes.
Also not really a Hamilton fan but i have noticed he gets stronger during a season, so expect him to get on top of Russell.
Still think Max, Alonso and Hamilton are the best 3. Last year they were easily the top 3 drivers.

dren

I would say the hottest 3 drivers right now are Max, Alonso and Sainz, but we're only a few races into the season. I also don't expect Russell to let Hamilton get on top.
Honda!