2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CHT
CHT

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Ric is a very experienced F1 driver and he will not be given a very long runway at RB to secure his seat. I reckon Lawson could possibly replace Ric before end of the season.

djos

CHT wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 04:14
Ric is a very experienced F1 driver and he will not be given a very long runway at RB to secure his seat. I reckon Lawson could possibly replace Ric before end of the season.
Anything is possible, but we saw in Japan that he was just as fast as Yuki despite getting only one real practice session.

If it wasn’t for the bad start (which Yuki also suffered from) and Alex trying to disprove the 3-into-1 corner rule, it’s likely he’d have had a decent race.
"In downforce we trust"

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 04:20
CHT wrote:
Anything is possible, but we saw in Japan that he was just as fast as Yuki despite getting only one real practice session.

If it wasn’t for the bad start (which Yuki also suffered from) and Alex trying to disprove the 3-into-1 corner rule, it’s likely he’d have had a decent race.
As a multiple race winner F1 driver, Ric being as quick as Yuki will not be enough to secure his seat at RBR.
So RB will likely put Lawson alongside Yuki to see who comes on top by end of the season.

djos

Let’s see what happens in China with the new chassis. Maybe there really is some issue with the current one that isn’t providing him with the feedback he expects.

After all, he never had any issues with his chassis last year and this years car is supposed to be very similar.
"In downforce we trust"

Rushu

Ric has the obligation to beat Tsu in China. They will only have 1 practice and Sprint. Tsu has never raced there and Ric is much more experienced (even won).

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Rushu wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 05:30
Ric has the obligation to beat Tsu in China. They will only have 1 practice and Sprint. Tsu has never raced there and Ric is much more experienced (even won).
Tsunoda will have learned the track from the simulator.
A lion must kill its prey.

CHT
CHT

AR3-GP wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 06:01
Rushu wrote:
Some f1 drivers claim they only need 2 laps to find the track limit. :)

Actually I wonder if Yuki's advantage in the car setup is due to his size, which allow team to use more ballast to balance the car.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

CHT wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 09:14
AR3-GP wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 06:01
Rushu wrote:
Some f1 drivers claim they only need 2 laps to find the track limit. :)

Actually I wonder if Yuki's advantage in the car setup is due to his size, which allow team to use more ballast to balance the car.
Combined Driver+Seat weight requirements should more or less null any driver weight benefits. I think weight now is only a problem if you're already over the combined weight, so extremely large drivers might have a disadvantage but i don't think there's an inherent advantage in being shorter, except maybe that the seat ballast could be placed lower.

basti313
basti313

djos wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 23:54
Wouter goes out of his way to spam the forum with negative, tabloid articles about Daniel.
Spam? Please, feel free to post the positive ones if they are worth reading and do not just accuse Wouter. This is a forums, you can show why the articles are not good and that you have better ones.
djos wrote:
If i wanted to be a troll, I could find plenty of negative articles on Yuki and post them (they are there, tabloid media don’t care about the truth) and post them here.
I am not 100% sure what you mean with tabloid articles. What I saw is not the classical clickbait, but people writing essays that may be biased or not. So same as above...please post what you think is worth reading and tell us why you do not like other articles. "this is negative" is not enough, sorry, I do not know what you mean.
CHT wrote:
I do not think this will take this long at the current trajectory. As djos wrote, the data was promising in Japan, but this is the minimum...if he stays at a tenth behind this will end in summer.
I hope the chassis and the moment in China is better...if he goes back to a few tenths or rotates the car in the race again, this is rather a hand full of races to go.

I think this is a major difficulty in the end from the point of references. I actually thought that Tsunoda will be replaced before the season started. But now Tsunoda is so clearly better, that the jump in performance is just unrealistic. They need to bring in Lawson at some point to get a reference.
Don`t russel the hamster!

djos

Basti, you’ve clearly not seen the posts the moderators removed in the last 24 hours.
Last edited by djos on 16 Apr 2024, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

basti313 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:35
djos wrote:
Wouter goes out of his way to spam the forum with negative, tabloid articles about Daniel.
Spam? Please, feel free to post the positive ones if they are worth reading and do not just accuse Wouter. This is a forums, you can show why the articles are not good and that you have better ones.
djos wrote:
If i wanted to be a troll, I could find plenty of negative articles on Yuki and post them (they are there, tabloid media don’t care about the truth) and post them here.
I am not 100% sure what you mean with tabloid articles. What I saw is not the classical clickbait, but people writing essays that may be biased or not. So same as above...please post what you think is worth reading and tell us why you do not like other articles. "this is negative" is not enough, sorry, I do not know what you mean.
Thanks for posting this @basti313.
There were one or two posts removed. All my posts are still here.
Also my reliable post from Motorsport Italy is still here. It isn't a tabloid at all.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:48
basti313 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:35
djos wrote:
djos wrote:
Thanks for posting this @basti313.
There were one or two posts removed. All my posts are still here.
Also my reliable post from Motorsport Italy is still here. It isn't a tabloid at all.
You are so full of it! The claims in your tabloid bog roll have already been rebutted by the team CEO!
"In downforce we trust"

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

The forum should be balancing itself in lots of ways - right?

Just be grown ups.. Arguing like kids and banging the table all the time is tiring!

Have your favourites, maybe even learn to disagree agreably about their performance but remember that the F1 game is brutal - you must perform, or you are spat out.

DR3 - he has lost his edge. It is plain to see and it is a shame as he is a really charismatic dude who you'd want to do well. Stopwatch and results doesn't lie though.

@djos - that last post..man, really? Could you and Wouter not have a sensible chat at all?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

djos

CMSMJ1 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:55

@djos - that last post..man, really? Could you and Wouter not have a sensible chat at all?
Honestly, I’m just sick of the one sided negative nature of his posts, and I’m not the only one, just one of the more vocal members.

Unfortunately, sensible is no longer an option.
"In downforce we trust"

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

CMSMJ1 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 12:55
The forum should be balancing itself in lots of ways - right?

Just be grown ups.. Arguing like kids and banging the table all the time is tiring!

Have your favourites, maybe even learn to disagree agreably about their performance but remember that the F1 game is brutal - you must perform, or you are spat out.

DR3 - he has lost his edge. It is plain to see and it is a shame as he is a really charismatic dude who you'd want to do well. Stopwatch and results doesn't lie though.

The only way this bickering will end is when one of them decides to mute the other, which they refuse to do! Its either that or we bear this until Ricciardo is eventually booted.