2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Red Bull didn't struggle in a single wet session in 2022 or 2023. The RB20 is still a derivative of those cars. Considering that this season they seem to have an easier time with tire warmup and qualifying, the result is still strange for Verstappen.

In any case, Verstappen claims they learned something in Melbourne that they didn't get to show and feel more confident about front tire graining, so perhaps that has influenced today's result (this might be straw clutching).

search

on Servus TV, Marko said that both cars were running the same tire pressure in SQ3, but while Perez' tires were getting better every lap, Verstappen was unable to generate temperature. He has no explanation why this happened.

In general, he is confident for tomorrow though, after some changes they made between FP1 and SQ.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

search wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 18:01
on Servus TV, Marko said that both cars were running the same tire pressure in SQ3, but while Perez' tires were getting better every lap, Verstappen was unable to generate temperature. He has no explanation why this happened.

In general, he is confident for tomorrow though, after some changes they made between FP1 and SQ.
That's very strange because Verstappen usually runs a very aggressive front end on his car. Well its probably the jeopardy of not having enough setup clarity due to only one practice also it is a new circuit so data is limited with these regulations.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 16:10
As much as you say the driver doesn't matter, the top 5 in the wet session was Norris, Alonso, Hamilton, Ver, Sainz in 5 different cars and not their teammates. This is not a coincidence. It's somewhat predictable.
3 of those 5 actually have a team mate. Of the other 2, one is daddy's boy and the other is there to be a second fiddle. Ironically, having finally accepted the role he's now doing great and will get a renewal soon. Seems he even accepts taking chauvinist crap, as long as he gets the drive...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Very good sprint race and data for tomorrow.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Max excellent yet again. Sergio in the same car very nearly ended up behind both Ferraris and had Alonso not have been so awesome, likely would have.

Not a dig at Sergio but an acknowledgement that it’s in Max’s hands where this car looks a beast.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Perez got to be the the worst driver in the best car. If not for Alonso, he would be finishing 5th. This is probably the start of him degrading after a good handful of early races, like it happens every year. If Ferrari makes some progress with their upgrades, he would be finishing behind both Ferraris consistently.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Dunlay wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:16
Perez got to be the the worst driver in the best car. If not for Alonso, he would be finishing 5th. This is probably the start of him degrading after a good handful of early races, like it happens every year. If Ferrari makes some progress with their upgrades, he would be finishing behind both Ferraris consistently.
I don't see what the big deal is and I don't see any decline from earlier races. He was actually decent for the most part in the qualifying. In the race he was in a DRS train. When the opportunity appeared, he took it. Not a world beating drive, but not a drive to get fired over either.

avantman
avantman

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:20
Dunlay wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:16
I don't see what the big deal is and I don't see any decline from earlier races. He was actually decent for the most part in the qualifying. In the race he was in a DRS train. When the opportunity appeared, he took it. Not a world beating drive, but not a drive to get fired over either.
strong solid drive(and the weekend as a whole so far) from Perez. I havent seen a single mistake from him, hasn't locked up once, whereas Hamilton, Sainz Leclerc - all made mistakes. Number one goal in sprint is too make it clean and bring the car home fully intact. do not do anything stupid. He's done all that, being patient and cool headed.
He was in DRS train indeed, and I do not think Max could break it necessarily, if he was in that position. Max took both of his rivals one by one.
Last edited by avantman on 20 Apr 2024, 06:49, edited 2 times in total.

avantman
avantman

venkyhere wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 15:19
I am of the contrary opinion. Seeing that Max was having 4-5 excursions
4 or 5 excursions? I only saw two. Did you see 4 or 5 or are you just repeating bollocks from that Leclerc/Ferrari worshipper?

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

avantman wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
4 or 5 excursions? I only saw two. Did you see 4 or 5 or are you just repeating bollocks from that Leclerc/Ferrari worshipper?
I live rent free in your head despite never speaking ill of Max lmao.

Good drive today by Max and great car.

Edit: Max had 2 excursions yesterday, I never claimed otherwise. He’s actually good in the rain, in fact great.

venkyhere
venkyhere

avantman wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:45
venkyhere wrote:
... 2 excursions, 1 four wheel slide, 2 or 3 violent tail wagging due to early throttle at corner exits....

chrisc90

venkyhere wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 07:11
avantman wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:45
venkyhere wrote:
... 2 excursions, 1 four wheel slide, 2 or 3 violent tail wagging due to early throttle at corner exits....
Same as everyone else near enough then?

Flying JPS Lotus

No Bybit logos on the car this weekend. Are they out or is this a China GP only kind of thing?
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

FNTC
FNTC

Flying JPS Lotus wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 07:38
https://cdn-4.motorsport.com/images/amp ... acing.webp

No Bybit logos on the car this weekend. Are they out or is this a China GP only kind of thing?
https://www.instagram.com/track__limit/p/C55MrwENXO2/
"track__limit
No Bybit on RedBull this weekend due to ban of Trading and mining of Crypto in China. Similar changes on many other teams' livery who have crypto sponsors. "