2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Max/RB20 did Max/RB20 today morning.

Let's hope they nail qualy now.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Flying JPS Lotus wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 07:38
https://cdn-4.motorsport.com/images/amp ... acing.webp

No Bybit logos on the car this weekend. Are they out or is this a China GP only kind of thing?
Crypto adverts aren't allowed in China, so just for this weekend.

avantman
avantman

Banned in China.

avantman
avantman

dialtone wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:53
avantman wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
19 Apr 2024, 15:19
I am of the contrary opinion. Seeing that Max was having 4-5 excursions
4 or 5 excursions? I only saw two. Did you see 4 or 5 or are you just repeating bollocks from that Leclerc/Ferrari worshipper?
I live rent free in your head despite never speaking ill of Max lmao.

Good drive today by Max and great car.

Edit: Max had 2 excursions yesterday, I never claimed otherwise. He’s actually good in the rain, in fact great.
Who gave you an idea I was talking about you? Maybe try to read the thread first.
dialtone wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 06:53
I live rent free in your head
Typical projection. :lol:

avantman
avantman

Flying JPS Lotus wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 07:38
https://cdn-4.motorsport.com/images/amp ... acing.webp

No Bybit logos on the car this weekend. Are they out or is this a China GP only kind of thing?
Looks super clean though, as if how it should be.

Sergej
Sergej

well that was good, wasn'it ? beautiful performance by the car, great delivery from Checo and Max stellar as usual

not sure why they didn't save a soft in Q2 for tomorrow, maybe Max wanted to have confidence with track evolution

PierreW
PierreW

Perez was close to a Q1 elimination, but finally managed to get himself into a proper performance with that second place. Max looks in control on that track and the pace advantage look significant. It is already over one lap, but even more in race pace if the settings did not change much after the sprint.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Just watched qualy. Wow. This team. Ver said he loves this track. It is showing now.

langedweil

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 13:39
Just watched qualy. Wow. This team. Ver said he loves this track. It is showing now.
It's weird track that stands out ... I love those never ending corners where you really see the drivers having to wait until they can apply the throttle again.
And as we know, one makes up the most time in those slow slow corners ..
HuggaWugga !

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

MAX: “I think after the sprint race it gave us a few more ideas for the car, and the car worked worked even better in qualifying now. Definetly very happy with how quali went! The car was really nice to drive, in Q3 that final lap felt pretty decent!”

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 16:33
MAX: “I think after the sprint race it gave us a few more ideas for the car, and the car worked worked even better in qualifying now. Definetly very happy with how quali went! The car was really nice to drive, in Q3 that final lap felt pretty decent!”
Some other quote from Max about the setup from van haren

“Well, how do you say that,” says Verstappen, thinking out loud. "Let me put it this way: I don't base my feeling on the fact that I have a thirteen second lead. I want to feel it for myself, experience for myself whether I am really happy with the car. I wasn't that way after the sprint race. That's why I wanted to make some adjustments.”

“We have changed quite a lot. I wasn't completely satisfied with the balance of the car in the sprint race. And the wind is expected to be different again tomorrow during the race. This also has an effect on the balance sheet. I could have said to GP : 'let's not change anything, it's all good like this'. But we agreed that it all didn't feel great yet. That's why we make such a decision and we both contribute ideas.”

"In general, the qualifications are not necessarily easier this year, but they are a bit more precise," says Verstappen. "I think that also has to do with the car, which comes into its own a little better on Saturday than last year. The feeling is just good, but the devil is in the details. If we had left the set-up as it was during the sprint race, it would not have gone as well as it did.”

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

They found something on the pit stops since Japan. The pit stop times are unreal today. 2.0 (VER), 1.9 (VER), 2.1 (PER), 2.0 (PER)

PierreW
PierreW

The safety car destroyed all the lead and put Perez 4th.

Annoying stuff but they will still prevail.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Yes that SC turned the 1-2 into 1-3.

Sergej
Sergej

not a foot wrong from Max today, we are used to that but still great and pleasant victory, pity for Perez which had second in the bag but got screwed by the SC

I was a bit worried about this weekend with the Sprint, the tarmac, etc, but the car has been absolutely perfect these days, maybe the most dominant performance of this year so far (maybe they fine tuned the Japan upgrade)

now Miami which should be a good track with the slow stuff and long straights, and then some more upgrades in Imola