2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

There was a previous lap where Alonso had good 1st and 2nd sector but made a mistake in the 3rd, he would've been up there in laptimes. Lots of drivers making mistakes atm

-wkst-
-wkst-

Yeah, but way later in the Session. Still FP1, no judgement until Q.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alo_Fan

Engineer: "So Fernando, we’ve had a big difference[…] For you though you said you feel the same. So it’s most likely data, but can I just have a bit of a run-(radio turned off)" - Difficult to tell if they are talking about a setup change or the upgrades

KimiRai
KimiRai

Dan Fallows
"Yes, it is quite aggressive," he said. "We knew we had a car with which we would have many opportunities. At the beginning of the season we wanted to make sure we had continuous updates coming in. So this is probably our biggest one to date. But it's just a part of our plan and we want to continue on this path in the coming races."

"I think most of this update is based on what we saw from the launch car, the car being tested and then how we wanted to evolve it," he said. "We saw that some circuits suit our car better than others. And something we focused on, trying to make sure we could express ourselves well everywhere, whenever we needed to. It's a general thing, trying to make the car more competitive. There are areas where we can see where we need to make specific improvements. So we've definitely been working on those."

"We have an era of ground effect cars that have specific performance windows that you're always trying to expand," he said. "And you want to make sure that when you bring in an update it works in all the different conditions. I think we're all trying to chase the same thing, really."

"I think we have seen that on some circuits, in some conditions, we are better than at other times. And that's obviously something we look at closely, to try to make sure that when we develop a car in the future, we try to iron out those differences. I think everybody is working very hard to try to understand when we are extracting our best performance, to add it in the right way. I think that's the key thing for us."

"Whenever you bring in an update, of course you want to put it directly on the car and see that it does exactly what you expect," he said. "But there are different ways of looking at the data, and obviously different things that might be slightly unexpected once you put the updates on the car. We've learnt something in some areas, we've realised where we can push things harder than we could before. And we have to be a little more careful with some things. It was a learning experience. I think we now have a little more confidence that these updates will work. We will see today, but there has been a lot of hard work trying to figure it out."
https://formu1a.uno/it/fallows-sul-pacc ... -raccolti/

jofs89
jofs89

KimiRai wrote:
17 May 2024, 15:17
Dan Fallows
"Yes, it is quite aggressive," he said. "We knew we had a car with which we would have many opportunities. At the beginning of the season we wanted to make sure we had continuous updates coming in. So this is probably our biggest one to date. But it's just a part of our plan and we want to continue on this path in the coming races."

"I think most of this update is based on what we saw from the launch car, the car being tested and then how we wanted to evolve it," he said. "We saw that some circuits suit our car better than others. And something we focused on, trying to make sure we could express ourselves well everywhere, whenever we needed to. It's a general thing, trying to make the car more competitive. There are areas where we can see where we need to make specific improvements. So we've definitely been working on those."

"We have an era of ground effect cars that have specific performance windows that you're always trying to expand," he said. "And you want to make sure that when you bring in an update it works in all the different conditions. I think we're all trying to chase the same thing, really."

"I think we have seen that on some circuits, in some conditions, we are better than at other times. And that's obviously something we look at closely, to try to make sure that when we develop a car in the future, we try to iron out those differences. I think everybody is working very hard to try to understand when we are extracting our best performance, to add it in the right way. I think that's the key thing for us."

"Whenever you bring in an update, of course you want to put it directly on the car and see that it does exactly what you expect," he said. "But there are different ways of looking at the data, and obviously different things that might be slightly unexpected once you put the updates on the car. We've learnt something in some areas, we've realised where we can push things harder than we could before. And we have to be a little more careful with some things. It was a learning experience. I think we now have a little more confidence that these updates will work. We will see today, but there has been a lot of hard work trying to figure it out."
https://formu1a.uno/it/fallows-sul-pacc ... -raccolti/
Masterclass in saying absolutely nothing.

SSJ4
SSJ4

yeah these updates ain't it. 6th fastest team behind racing bulls with tsuonda now

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

SSJ4 wrote:
17 May 2024, 17:26
yeah these updates ain't it. 6th fastest team behind racing bulls with tsuonda now
Stop jumping at conclusions after 90 mins of practice time. It's ludicrous.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Balance, car handling looks --- so far.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Only two tenths and half ahead of Stroll without upgrades is not great

SSJ4
SSJ4

SchuMassa wrote:
17 May 2024, 17:27
SSJ4 wrote:
i would love to. but pretty much every other team bring updates and improves by a big margin. this is the second big upgrade package and we look worse than before

jofs89
jofs89

SchuMassa wrote:
17 May 2024, 17:27
SSJ4 wrote:
I would usually agree but to be fair, usually you would have seem some glimpses of pace by now. They look pretty slow to me. I'd love to me proved wrong! Hopefully the race pace looks a bit better.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Of course. The Downgrades in course. AM will be the worst Team until summer break. Dissappointing

vas_04614
vas_04614

Doesn't look good as of now, right now behind VCARB and HAAS over 1 lap (at-least quali pace used to be decent in initial races)

Joseki
Joseki

After the first real fast laps it's +0.932s (with a slight tow) on a 76 seconds lap.

That's over +1.2s on a more standard 90 seconds lap like Barcelona.