2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jofs89
jofs89

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

SSJ4 wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:13

Setup must be all wrong. How are we so bad in the final sector
In seriousness, from PDLRs comments it seems the rear tyres are degrading by the final sector. So, looks like that is still the main issue for the team by quite a distance.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Second race in a row where fernando I struggling to find the right setup which is worrying. I wish the team would do what mclaren used to. Just ran max downforce and forget about straight line speed

xReVo
xReVo

SSJ4 wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:30
Second race in a row where fernando I struggling to find the right setup which is worrying. I wish the team would do what mclaren used to. Just ran max downforce and forget about straight line speed
Good boy! They are obsessed with DRS and efficiency, it's a shame that the circuits are made up more of curves than straights and require downforce. Those square bellies that they still maintain (they used to be round like McLaren has them now) they don't convince me from Canada. Air passes better on round surfaces.

KimiRai
KimiRai

delete
Last edited by KimiRai on 17 May 2024, 18:48, edited 2 times in total.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

jofs89 wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:21
SSJ4 wrote:

In seriousness, from PDLRs comments it seems the rear tyres are degrading by the final sector. So, looks like that is still the main issue for the team by quite a distance.
I Don't know how they call it in English but seems like they fell over the other side of the horse with the topspeed. Ferrari was the fastest with 7km/h less topspeed. They don't have grip,Alonso at long run was very unstable. No grip means more slide which automatic kill the tyres.

KimiRai
KimiRai

delete
Last edited by KimiRai on 17 May 2024, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

issey
issey

xReVo wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:19
issey wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:17
New parts and Aston is still not the best of finding the setup on Fridays especially when they have new stuff but people already jumping on the downgrades train. This was a chaotic day look where RedBull is and that Vcarb is at the top is also not representative, wait till tomorrow and we will see. Jumping on conclusions now makes no sense. I expect a whole different picture tomorrow from AM.
Once it was for the sprint races, now they can't even find the set-ups in free practice. Everyone else who brings updates can do it in 10 minutes, who knows why. Stop defending the impossible, the criticisms are there and you have to accept them
10 minutes 🤣 Aren’t you the guy who said that AM has better people and infrastructure than McLaren? You have no clue what you’re talking about. They still don’t have the infrastructure as McLaren Ferrari etc. it’s obvious that they need more time to find the setup. AM is bound to Mercedes who have no clue what to do in this regs you can’t expect AM to fight for podiums till they have their own windtunnel, gearbox and suspension. Last year only happened because McLaren,Ferrari and Mercedes started the year way behind. The gap to RedBull is still quite the same for AM as last year the only difference is that the top teams now filled the spot where AM was last year. They would need to do a aerodynamic miracle to beat them this year. The objective this year is beating Mercedes. You cant expect a team to fight with teams who have their own windtunnel and make their own suspension and gearbox, AM doesn’t have the freedom of fully designing a car how they want. VCarb gets their parts from RedBull who are obviously the top team, Haas and Sauber from Ferrari who also do good in this regs. Aston Martin and Williams get them from Mercedes who have no clue how to design a good car in this current regs. The only reason AM is better than William and fighting with Mercedes is how they designed body around everything they get from Mercedes. And thats still a miracle how they are able to even fight with Mercedes and this proves how talented the designing stuff AM has is. Now imagine what they can do when they have all their freedom. And you expect them to drive for podiums this team is still a rookie.

vas_04614
vas_04614

KimiRai wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:38
Stroll indeed very slightly ahead in long run pace without the upgrades. Very weird

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNy2aAdXcAE ... =4096x4096
I remember reading somewhere that plan for STR was to run old car in FP1 and then switch to upgraded car for FP2.

Need confirmation.

SSJ4
SSJ4

vas_04614 wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:44
KimiRai wrote:
Stroll indeed very slightly ahead in long run pace without the upgrades. Very weird

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNy2aAdXcAE ... =4096x4096
I remember reading somewhere that plan for STR was to run old car in FP1 and then switch to upgraded car for FP2.

Need confirmation.
yeah i saw the same on twitter

KimiRai
KimiRai

Ok thanks my bad, didn't know. Makes sense

diffuser

jofs89 wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:14
SSJ4 wrote:

Maybe they're just massively sandbagging and just cruising around the lap and then slamming on the brakes in the final sector?

I'm not watching all the on boards but on Alonso's fastest lap he had to pass more than 6 cars. Some of them in really bad places. He also abandon a couple of laps.

Plus they're gonna crunch the numbers tonight and come up with a different setup for FP3. We'll see how that goes....

Plus Pus this is a home race for both Ferrari and RBVisa, they're probably both running light.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
issey wrote:
New parts and Aston is still not the best of finding the setup on Fridays especially when they have new stuff but people already jumping on the downgrades train. This was a chaotic day look where RedBull is and that Vcarb is at the top is also not representative, wait till tomorrow and we will see. Jumping on conclusions now makes no sense. I expect a whole different picture tomorrow from AM.
Once it was for the sprint races, now they can't even find the set-ups in free practice. Everyone else who brings updates can do it in 10 minutes, who knows why. Stop defending the impossible, the criticisms are there and you have to accept them

I guess AMR having the least amount of points in FP1 and FP2 is important to some..... #-o

max_speed
max_speed

diffuser wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:07
xReVo wrote:
issey wrote:

I guess AMR having the least amount of points in FP1 and FP2 is important to some..... #-o
Their Track record with updates worries fans so far they have not shown tendency to improve car over season. everyone here wants aston to be like mclaren. i am simply impressed with what mclaren has achieved, after a point excuses will run out dry for aston.

issey
issey

max_speed wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:09
diffuser wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:07
xReVo wrote:

Their Track record with updates worries fans so far they have not shown tendency to improve car over season. everyone here wants aston to be like mclaren. i am simply impressed with what mclaren has achieved, after a point excuses will run out dry for aston.
The first step to be like McLaren would be having their own windtunnel, make their own gearbox and suspension.

xReVo
xReVo

issey wrote:
xReVo wrote:
issey wrote:
10 minutes 🤣 Aren’t you the guy who said that AM has better people and infrastructure than McLaren? You have no clue what you’re talking about. They still don’t have the infrastructure as McLaren Ferrari etc. it’s obvious that they need more time to find the setup. AM is bound to Mercedes who have no clue what to do in this regs you can’t expect AM to fight for podiums till they have their own windtunnel, gearbox and suspension. Last year only happened because McLaren,Ferrari and Mercedes started the year way behind. The gap to RedBull is still quite the same for AM as last year the only difference is that the top teams now filled the spot where AM was last year. They would need to do a aerodynamic miracle to beat them this year. The objective this year is beating Mercedes. You cant expect a team to fight with teams who have their own windtunnel and make their own suspension and gearbox, AM doesn’t have the freedom of fully designing a car how they want. VCarb gets their parts from RedBull who are obviously the top team, Haas and Sauber from Ferrari who also do good in this regs. Aston Martin and Williams get them from Mercedes who have no clue how to design a good car in this current regs. The only reason AM is better than William and fighting with Mercedes is how they designed body around everything they get from Mercedes. And thats still a miracle how they are able to even fight with Mercedes and this proves how talented the designing stuff AM has is. Now imagine what they can do when they have all their freedom. And you expect them to drive for podiums this team is still a rookie.
I quote a part of Transformers 2, in which the humans accuse the autobots of the fact that the decepticons only on earth are their fault and that they had to leave the earth in such a way that the decepticons would leave they went. Do you know what Optimus Prime replied? This: "we're leaving, but if you're wrong, how will it end"? Here is his response, it is perfect for what you are saying, defend Aston Martin with the sorry about the infrastructure, but if after these are in operation and have the same problems, how will it end?