2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

The work done from now to Quali will be crucial.
Also it's likely the rain will kill our chances. The car was terrible in China in mixed conditions.

AlexP
AlexP

Low engine mode?

f1Follower
f1Follower

scuderiabrandon wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:25
https://ibb.co/MGW596d
How can we measure degradation of tyre? Is Imola a low degradation circuit?

Chaoz
Chaoz

Xyz22 wrote:
17 May 2024, 18:42
The work done from now to Quali will be crucial.
Also it's likely the rain will kill our chances. The car was terrible in China in mixed conditions.
I follow F1 since 2007 and apart from 2012 I can't remember a season where a Ferrari was good in mixed / rainy conditions. I think the last race that Ferrari won in mixed conditions was ALO in Silverstone 2011. We only can hope it will stay dry.

jambuka
jambuka

Race pace doesn’t look too good. If I conditions remain dry seems like Charles poles someone else’s win.

dialtone
dialtone

jambuka wrote:Race pace doesn’t look too good. If I conditions remain dry seems like Charles poles someone else’s win.
Same as everyone else, or at least within a tiny margin. Nobody is passing here.

dani5549
dani5549

jambuka wrote:
17 May 2024, 19:51
Race pace doesn’t look too good. If I conditions remain dry seems like Charles poles someone else’s win.
Charles was second fastest lol, on mediums behind Piastri on hards which is a better race tyre. Plus, McLaren has similar wing level to us, and was 10 kph faster in speed trap iirc

scuderiabrandon

jambuka wrote:
The deg is slightly higher because Leclerc is pushing really hard before the drop-off. Norris held back a few tenths and the tyre lasted slightly longer. This is something they will work on. Even then the medium looks slightly worse race tyre compared to the hard which we looked quite strong on in FP1.

F1Schu

Re: Ferrari SF-24

Car looked great today, upgrades seem to be working well, should be exciting qualy and race. Forza Ferrari!
Last edited by F1Schu on 18 May 2024, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Forza Ferrari, Forever Schumi! #KeepFightingMichael

Vanja #66

On Q pace, RB20 is still full of sandbags. PU was still detuned clearly, most likely due to niggles with balance so no point in going flat out until those are sorted. Top speed of Ferrari and McLaren is significantly higher all of a sudden, so that's easily worth 2-2.5 tenths alone. Balance and better would be at least 3 tenths, so they will work on it and improve. As they do.

On race pace, Leclerc was using lots of different PU modes from lap to lap and seemingly had trouble with traffic quite a bit. Sainz' R sim was focused more on consistent pace, but he too suffered from traffic on occasion, though he seemingly used only one PU mode every lap. He was also either heavier or purposely slower in corners to see how the deg was with that kind of pace. Seems like they have lots of data to investigate, even though they only used Mediums

Finally, it was good to see both cars using only new parts from the start of FP1. Filming day was used to confirm updates are an improvement and now the team was completely focused on Imola-specific setup and how to extract the maximum from this package. Safe to assume future updates will follow the new direction and will require less comparative tests when they are introduced.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

jambuka wrote:
Judging race pace based on small handful of laps on Friday is a bit silly, not that I agree with your assessment of the actual times in the first place.

That said, I do find it fun and nostalgic seeing the Mclaren fans arguing among themselves in desperation to prove how Mclaren were actually faster than Ferrari despite the times. lol

Not even saying they're wrong, I dont think anything is perfectly predictable here, it just feels like old times with high tensions over the fight between Ferrari and Mclaren.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Agree! Enough with the RBR vs Merc fights. Bring back the Ferrari vs Macca flights!

LM10
LM10

Car's looking good. It's really satisfying to see the upgrade package working straight out of the box. Really good sign considering the understanding of the upgraded car can't be at 100% at this point and therefore plenty of margin for improvements left.

One thing I noticed is that the SF-24 is much better over the kerbs now, so smooth - like pretty much every Ferrari in the last few years. If the main reason for that is softer suspension, we'll hopefully see the reappearance of the king of traction too.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

it could be that Leclerc likes taking lot of Kerbs? I notice this in Miami as well when he was going lap after lap right behind Oscar, before the back Stright, would take a lot of Kerbs whereas oscar never did.

Waz
Waz

Macklaren wrote:
18 May 2024, 00:00
Agree! Enough with the RBR vs Merc fights. Bring back the Ferrari vs Macca flights!
I am all in on this.