2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

well Max killed every hope :lol:

avantman
avantman

Sergej wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:59
well Max killed every hope :lol:
There is always hope, when Charles is your main competitor. I wouldn't bet against Charles not kissing the wall in Quali on any particular weekend. P2 would be a great place to start the race, which is achievable with a bit of luck and underperformance of Sainz. They can win from there.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:58
organic wrote:
24 May 2024, 19:51
Marko
We have to look for a set-up that will allow us to attack the kerbs more. Max said the car was jumping like a kangaroo, and Perez also had the same problems.

We have to try not to make the car jump and not lose downforce. We learnt a lot from the long runs, so we know which direction to take to improve. But whether we will be able to do that before qualifying, I would say, remains to be seen."
Doesn't sound so bad TBF
Sounds bad to me:
"I don't think I can describe what is going on. It's difficult, but not what I did not expect. The worst possible outcome of the weekend. The bumps, kerbs and camber changes, we lose a lot of laptime, as the car struggles to drive.

"We don't have a clear direction. These things we can't change with set-up. cause it's how the car is made. We can make some set-up changes overnight. They [Ferrari] are miles ahead, I am not even thinking about that. I am just focused on making the car more drivable."
-Ver after FP2
I think Marko has more realistic take. Marko is in garage with more information from engineers I would say whereas Max and Checo are more looking at the delta and how the car feels which is obviously terrible given the ride and low engine modes. Normally the gap isn't so bad with the engine mode low because Ferrari don't usually push their engine until Saturday but at Monaco they gave Charles full beans from fp1

Sergej
Sergej

yeah for some reason seems that Ferrari put Leclerc already in pure qualy mode, maybe to give him chance to run as much as possible in the same condition as Q3 and gain confidence, I think he is much closer to the limit than others

anyway RB needs to sort the setup otherwise there is no chance, you don't make that gap up with pure engine modes

organic

If they can make the car stop hopping so much overnight then it'll give max confidence and then you unlock a lot of pace instantly.

They've seen the long runs are excellent already so they can be aggressive on the setup changes to find one lap pace

avantman
avantman

great plan bud. 😂👍

organic

Wouter

From Max his own website:
Max fourth after Friday practice in Monaco: 'Really tricky'

Published on 24 May 2024 by Stefan Meens

“It was pretty difficult but we knew coming into the race this weekend that this might be the case", explained Max after practice. "There was a lot of bouncing and temperature changes on track, which also made it tricky. Every time we went over a bump, the car lost a lot of lap time and on this track one small jump can result in you ending up against the wall. We are looking into a solution ahead of the weekend to sort this out."

Max added: "In general, the issue is a bit more difficult to solve in set up and it won’t be a quick fix but we are going to work on it overnight; we don’t expect miracles but are still looking ahead to tomorrow. Ferrari are also looking quick but I am not thinking about that ahead of tomorrow. Overnight we are going to review the issues that we have and we will hopefully improve the drive of the car ahead of qualifying.”
The Power of Dreams!

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Silent Storm wrote:
24 May 2024, 23:40
That's what comes from having a dominant car and a weak team mate. Except for Senna who had a dominant car and a world champion team mate. Senna's performance is one of the reasons he's still held in such high regard.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Just_a_fan wrote:
24 May 2024, 23:51
Silent Storm wrote:
That's what comes from having a dominant car and a weak team mate. Except for Senna who had a dominant car and a world champion team mate. Senna's performance is one of the reasons he's still held in such high regard.
All his team mates have looked weak. That is much to the credit of Max. Perez falls in the Bottas category, and was given much less.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

napoleon1981 wrote:
25 May 2024, 00:01
Just_a_fan wrote:
24 May 2024, 23:51
Silent Storm wrote:
All his team mates have looked weak. That is much to the credit of Max. Perez falls in the Bottas category, and was given much less.
But none of them world champions or likely to be. Senna (and a few select others) raced world champions in the same car and succeeded.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sergej
Sergej

what buffles me is that one of the targets with RB20 was improving bump and kerb riding, but car seems worse than last year :lol: OR, maybe the car is actually improved in this aspect, which is still a weakness though, and now that margins are super close they are exposed to the others

anyway, let's see what they can do today after the overnight work

Wouter

Verstappen clarifies: 'Jos and Horner have no conflict'

"The more I talk about it, the more people have to write," Verstappen interjects in the interview. "You write it down, you make a story out of it and people will pick up little things and it becomes a massive --- storm. You know what I mean? I tell you a story that might get translated to Spanish, Dutch, whatever. The more I say about it is not going to help the situation."
"They are not in conflict," Max clarified. "People can have different opinions, but that's a different story."

"I am quite a loyal person and it is something that means a lot to me. That is what I request from the team and so far that has always been great and that is what I want to keep for a long time. It would be amazing to finish my career here at Red Bull. All the years staying basically at one team would be incredible," he concluded his story.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/278428/v ... flict.html
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Rug meet sweep