2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

mzso wrote:
27 May 2024, 18:50
Wouter wrote:
27 May 2024, 15:20
Thanks for the YT video. About Facebook: It shows "it's not available anymore".
I assume it's some unacknowledged geo restriction...
The YT video shows him talking to Skysport who has mostly/often a geoblock on IG, Twitter and YT. Maybe also on Faceboook.
Only people in the UK can watch it on social media I think.
The Power of Dreams!

Andi76
Andi76

Dunlay wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:00
Any idea what's the extent of damage to Perez's car?
Marco said 2-3 million $

ringo

Sergej wrote:
27 May 2024, 14:08
Max is not very confident about Canada

"It’s not going to be the easiest weekend because of the kerb. Our car is not good at that. They have resurfaced the track so that might bring some unexpected stuff but we don’t know the grip levels"

don't know how this kerb thing exploded in the last few days, ok RB20 may not be the best in riding kerbs, but Max got 7 poles in 7 GP and we raced in very different tracks, I don't think it was possible if the riding kerbs had been so harmful of a problem...
I think it's excuses. This kerb problem emerged when the win for Redbull is no longer a given.
Perez has been very quiet about this issue.
I would understand if the car rode the kerbs poorly and it could still win because of the speed advantage. But for Perez who is not winning and fighting to get on the podium, we should have heard some excuses from him from start of the season about the car's poor ride.
I think Canada will be fine. The RB will still be one of the best braking cars. Max's style hides this, but Perez's traces shows the rb20 to be best under braking.
For Sure!!

Dee
Dee

ringo wrote:
27 May 2024, 23:16
Sergej wrote:

"It’s not going to be the easiest weekend because of the kerb. Our car is not good at that. They have resurfaced the track so that might bring some unexpected stuff but we don’t know the grip levels"

don't know how this kerb thing exploded in the last few days, ok RB20 may not be the best in riding kerbs, but Max got 7 poles in 7 GP and we raced in very different tracks, I don't think it was possible if the riding kerbs had been so harmful of a problem...
I think it's excuses. This kerb problem emerged when the win for Redbull is no longer a given.
I would understand if the car rode the kerbs poorly and it could still win because of the speed advantage. But for Perez who is not winning and fighting to get on the podium, we should have heard some excuses from him from start of the season about the car's poor ride.
I think Canada will be fine. The RB will still be one of the best braking cars. Max's style hides this, but Perez's traces shows the rb20 to be best under braking.
Perez has been speaking about it https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/277061/p ... -bull.html

Max doesn't lie. If you watch the onboards, you can see the problem.

organic

Watch the onboards and it's clear as day

ringo

Dee wrote:
28 May 2024, 00:20
ringo wrote:
Sergej wrote:

Perez has been speaking about it https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/277061/p ... -bull.html

Not before Imola. And he did say the car got better. So this is a setup issue. Correlates with the simulation base setup being off at the start of the weekend.
For Sure!!

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

mzso wrote:
27 May 2024, 17:19
Bill wrote:
27 May 2024, 15:01
mzso wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:57
I guess he's good enough to not waste enough points to lose the manufacturer's championship. For now. It might change as another team gets closer.
ferrari are 22 points behind redbull.the constructors champ is gone .perez has been outqualified by visa cashup drivers for two races in a row .if thats the your take on been good enough then the bar is extremely low.visa cashup use the same suspension as redbull so why is there no noise on their side with respect to hitting kerbs and bumps ,no one seem to want to address these elephant in the room.
Nothing is gone. And Perez collects enough points for the team championship, over a year.
Perez lost them the WCC in 2021 so no.

Signing Perez again is as bad as the Lance Stroll situation. Except at least he's the owners son.

Red Bull swims in cash. Why were they interested in Lando Norris if it was about money ? He would have cost a fair bit more than Sainz.

I sure hope they are floating this Perez contract in the media just as a negotiating tactic with someone else

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Chuckjr wrote:
27 May 2024, 18:23
ME4ME wrote:
27 May 2024, 15:30
Xyz22 wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:48
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/perez ... /10616476/

According to Autosport, Perez is very close to get a new contract with RB.

Motorsport Total confirms this report as well https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... _with_red/
Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the internal argument goes: Why pay Sainz €20M when Perez brings that money through sponsorship. They might've even budgeted the new wind tunnel based on expected income from Perez's sponsors, not having to take it from all Red Bull Gmbh.

And then they figure..
Perez performs 3 out of 5 times.
Sainz performs 4 out of 5 times.

I'm sure there are a lot of angles being reviewed many of which aren't absolute on-track performance based. Too bad for us fans who want something different.
I really think that’s it. We all as racing fans see no point in keeping Checo for obvious reasons, but Red Bull aren’t nixing him because of the money he brings in a market they need to fondle, and his compliance being a clear #2. I’m sure it’s hard to find a driver that has some talent but willing to play second fiddle. So yea, it’s for practical and financial reasons, not driving prowess that they keep him. Makes sense, but it sure is a bummer for competition. I miss the old days when commercial value wasn’t bigger than winning.
Except Perez doesn't even play second fiddler very well at all. Crashing on purpose in qualifying to get one up for himself. Bottas wouldn't even think about doing something like that. He's there for his own personal stats and hopes that the 2nd fiddle teammate part gets in the way as little as possible. Thats his outlook. Which is fine. But it just doesn't make sense to keep hiring a guy like that for Red Bull , as if there's no other options out there.

When "we need to talk" comes over the radio because Max got some preferential treatment , he's not playing second fiddle.

organic

ringo wrote:
28 May 2024, 01:54
Dee wrote:
28 May 2024, 00:20
ringo wrote:

Not before Imola. And he did say the car got better. So this is a setup issue. Correlates with the simulation base setup being off at the start of the weekend.
From preseason testing
organic wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 11:06
According to Julien Fabreau, who is known to frequently chat to Pierre Waché, it seems the problem of slow speed cornering has been eliminated with the rb20. However riding kerbs remains the weakest point

ringo

That's relative and still hearsay.
RB20s weakest point doesnt make it weaker than.
Again VCARB has the RB19 suspension. Both chassis are similar according to newey.
We may have a case of a suspension component needing a change or upgrade. I am not worried. We have seen worse kerb riding on mclaren and mercedes at a few tracks this year
For Sure!!

Sergej
Sergej

I think, one thing is to say riding kerbs is a weakness for our car, another thing is that riding kerbs is so poor to represent a major concern not only for a super unique track like Monaco, but on a general basis for the whole calendar....I simply find odd to hear this after 30% of the season and 100% poles, obviously it could be that now that McLaren and Ferrari are very close this has become a differentiating factor, but still :-k

search

The past two years Red Bull was lucky with the safety car in Canada, otherwise they could have lost those races already. So I guess it's fair to assume that it won't be an easy weekend, now that things seem to be a lot closer.

mzso
mzso

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
28 May 2024, 02:35
mzso wrote:
27 May 2024, 17:19
Bill wrote:
27 May 2024, 15:01

ferrari are 22 points behind redbull.the constructors champ is gone .perez has been outqualified by visa cashup drivers for two races in a row .if thats the your take on been good enough then the bar is extremely low.visa cashup use the same suspension as redbull so why is there no noise on their side with respect to hitting kerbs and bumps ,no one seem to want to address these elephant in the room.
Nothing is gone. And Perez collects enough points for the team championship, over a year.
Perez lost them the WCC in 2021 so no.

Signing Perez again is as bad as the Lance Stroll situation. Except at least he's the owners son.

Red Bull swims in cash. Why were they interested in Lando Norris if it was about money ? He would have cost a fair bit more than Sainz.

I sure hope they are floating this Perez contract in the media just as a negotiating tactic with someone else
I'm not sure you can blame that on him. Verstappen barely snatched the championship as it is. (Largely thanks to the disgusting driving of Mercedes drivers at Silverstone and in Hungary)

I don't he's a bad choice. Bottas or Sainz probably would be better. Though Sainz may still think that he could match up to Verstappen, which might cause issues.

Wouter

Andi76 wrote:
27 May 2024, 22:22
Dunlay wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:00
Any idea what's the extent of damage to Perez's car?
Marco said 2-3 million $
Those photographers! They were very lucky!

The Power of Dreams!

ringo

I have come to realize that the RB20 has a more extreme floor thn RB19.
The give away is the floor edge similarity to the W14. The little bite shaped elements downstreme the floor entry turning vanes.
This curb riding issue is a bit more noticeable than RB19 according to some.
Redbull may have well moved towards the mercedes approach of going lower and using stiffer suspension, but doing it with more control and consistency.
Works devastatingly on the smoother tracks but rattles the driver on the bumpy ones.
And it may well be the car is still faster on the bumpy track.. but the driver just cannot see the corners.
Checo said he could not see because of bouncing. This is something George and Lewis would complain about. So i suspect this car has moved toward that philosophy with the foor.
For Sure!!