2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
K1Plus
K1Plus

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ringo wrote:
28 May 2024, 19:48
I have come to realize that the RB20 has a more extreme floor thn RB19.
The give away is the floor edge similarity to the W14. The little bite shaped elements downstreme the floor entry turning vanes.
This curb riding issue is a bit more noticeable than RB19 according to some.
Redbull may have well moved towards the mercedes approach of going lower and using stiffer suspension, but doing it with more control and consistency.
Works devastatingly on the smoother tracks but rattles the driver on the bumpy ones.
And it may well be the car is still faster on the bumpy track.. but the driver just cannot see the corners.
Checo said he could not see because of bouncing. This is something George and Lewis would complain about. So i suspect this car has moved toward that philosophy with the foor.
Maybe the RB20 is what the W14 could have been

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

So the Perez deal sounds as good as done. They are really going to do this. It blows my mind.

I would have rather signed Zhou. Safe pair of hands , brings money and sell a lot of Red Bull in China.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Wouter wrote:
28 May 2024, 13:38
Andi76 wrote:
27 May 2024, 22:22
Dunlay wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:00
Any idea what's the extent of damage to Perez's car?
Marco said 2-3 million $
Those photographers! They were very lucky!

Woah... When you listen to the on board there's what sounds like a loud scream at that impact point..... Haunting and when watching live I was fully expecting to hear that someone in the croud had been injured. Thankfully it appears that everyone was OK.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Sergej
Sergej

Marko to speedweek https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... achen.html
"The problem originates in the simulator, which has indicated that the car handles perfectly over the kerbs. This means that the simulator and reality don't correlate."

"Monaco was not the first race track where we had this problem; it was first noticeable in Singapore. The simulator showed something that didn't correspond to reality. That is the starting point.

We are optimistic that we will be able to find out why the simulator generates data that does not correspond to reality. But Montreal could also be a difficult weekend for us."
while on one hand it's positive that this "correlation issue" seems to appear only on specific tracks like Singapore and Monaco (if it was a general things it would have been much worse), on another hand I find it quite odd because I clearly remember, ahead of Singapore 2023, Max saying that car was crap already in simulator, also before Monaco he said to expect a very difficult weekend, so going for Max's words it seems that simulator anticipated the difficulties, going for Helmut's words it seems they found on track something not revealed by simulator, not sure where truth stands

on a positive note, Marko said also that "We had more trouble driving over the kerbs, but that was relatively well-adjusted for qualifying and we assumed that Max would have been on the front row of the grid", so seems that they managed to make the car "acceptable" on kerbs, which would be good for Montreal where compromising the car for high speeds should prevent others (Ferrari) from fully exploiting their superior kerb riding

Waz
Waz

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
29 May 2024, 07:22

I would have rather signed Zhou. Safe pair of hands , brings money and sell a lot of Red Bull in China.
You just described Perez for Mexico. Brings a big bag of cash, apparently sells enormous amounts of merchandise. Checo is very, very popular in the Americas.

Luscion
Luscion

Marko saying they might have to abandon an upgrade later in the season because of the damage to Perez's car in Monaco

Sergej
Sergej

Luscion wrote:
30 May 2024, 12:40
Marko saying they might have to abandon an upgrade later in the season because of the damage to Perez's car in Monaco

maybe my translation is wrong, but I cannot find anywhere in that article Marko saying they might have to abandon an upgrade later in the season, rather he says "Perez's accident is a big handicap for us due to the budget cap", which is quite an obvious thing; they add
And even those from a qualified and concerned source who said she was very worried that "if we had further damage, they might even abandon an update in the final part of the season."
which is very different from saying that an upgrade package might have to be abandoned right now; this could be a possibility if another big damage occurs

on another note, Dr Obbs is saying that a major update should come in the next fews races https://x.com/dr_obbs/status/1796146634281119933

Luscion
Luscion

Sergej wrote:
30 May 2024, 14:33
Luscion wrote:
30 May 2024, 12:40

maybe my translation is wrong, but I cannot find anywhere in that article Marko saying they might have to abandon an upgrade later in the season, rather he says "Perez's accident is a big handicap for us due to the budget cap", which is quite an obvious thing; they add
And even those from a qualified and concerned source who said she was very worried that "if we had further damage, they might even abandon an update in the final part of the season."
which is very different from saying that an upgrade package might have to be abandoned right now; this could be a possibility if another big damage occurs

on another note, Dr Obbs is saying that a major update should come in the next fews races https://x.com/dr_obbs/status/1796146634281119933
I did say they might have to abandon an upgrade later in the season, not now, Perez's crash is a big part of that
Therefore, Helmut Marko's words, at least this time, should come as no surprise: "Perez's accident is a big handicap for us because of the budget cap."those of a qualified and concerned source who said they were very worried since "should we have more damage, we might even abandon an upgrade in the final part of the season."

Wouter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Things have recently become quieter about a switch from Max Verstappen to Mecredes. But after the Monaco GP, that could change again.

F1-Insider.com learned: Certain events in Monaco could lead to the three-time world champion becoming a "Silver Arrow" driver
next year.

Firstly: Verstappen no longer trusts the technology of the dominant team of recent years and feels that the engineers do not take him seriously enough. After five of a possible eight victories this season, he is clearly leading the World Championship with 169 points ahead of Monaco winner Charles Leclerc (Ferrari, 138 points) - but Verstappen's confidence that the Red Bull will be able to compete on a par with Ferrari and the increasingly strong McLaren team in the future is dwindling.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko (81) confirmed this to F1-Insider.com. Marko: "If we change the height, we lose a lot of downforce. That's why we are limited in this area. However, we believe that we will still be superior on conventional tracks like Barcelona. If not, then we really have a problem.”

The Graz driver is counting on the skills of his Mozart at the wheel: “Nevertheless, I believe that the Verstappen factor will also be decisive on tracks that are less favorable for us,” he says. “He is in top form and makes the difference. There is no other driver who can drive at the limit on every lap of the race without making mistakes.”

But there is a second technical problem with the Red Bull team, which is used to success. The simulator provides misleading data. Marko: “In Monaco, for example, you could drive hard over the curbs in the simulator without any problems. On the real track, that was no longer the case.” The problem with the simulator is not new. For two years now – as F1-Insider.com learned – Verstappen has been complaining about incorrect data from the computer. But the technicians have repeatedly played it down. This annoys the Dutchman.

The mood in the team, which has been at rock bottom since the scandal surrounding team boss Christian Horner (alleged harassment of an employee), is also contributing to the growing frustration. Father Jos Verstappen even directly links Red Bull's weakness to the Horner affair. He ranted in the Dutch media: "Perhaps they should concentrate more on their careers and mutual communication rather than on other things.

Red Bull needs to find out exactly where the problems lie, because teams like Ferrari and McLaren are getting closer. Max is still hiding the problems, but it is becoming obvious with his teammate Sergio Perez - the difference between the two is currently huge. The time when Red Bull had the dominant car seems to be over. There will be races again in which Red Bull will be in good shape, but they definitely have more problems than in recent years. I am excited to see how they plan to solve this."

This fits in with the fact that the controversial team boss Christian Horner is unconsciously doing everything he can to drive Verstappen into the arms of the Stuttgart-based company. In Monaco, he is said to have criticised the three-time champion for making a mistake in the first corner in the crucial qualifying segment. That would have cost him a better result than sixth place.

Logically, that didn't go down well in the Verstappen camp. The unpopular team boss failed to mention that his team-mate Perez only came 18th with the difficult-to-drive Red Bull.

The whole German article.
The Power of Dreams!

Sergej
Sergej

Wouter wrote:
31 May 2024, 18:08
Things have recently become quieter about a switch from Max Verstappen to Mecredes. But after the Monaco GP, that could change again.

F1-Insider.com learned: Certain events in Monaco could lead to the three-time world champion becoming a "Silver Arrow" driver
next year.

Firstly: Verstappen no longer trusts the technology of the dominant team of recent years and feels that the engineers do not take him seriously enough. After five of a possible eight victories this season, he is clearly leading the World Championship with 169 points ahead of Monaco winner Charles Leclerc (Ferrari, 138 points) - but Verstappen's confidence that the Red Bull will be able to compete on a par with Ferrari and the increasingly strong McLaren team in the future is dwindling.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko (81) confirmed this to F1-Insider.com. Marko: "If we change the height, we lose a lot of downforce. That's why we are limited in this area. However, we believe that we will still be superior on conventional tracks like Barcelona. If not, then we really have a problem.”

The Graz driver is counting on the skills of his Mozart at the wheel: “Nevertheless, I believe that the Verstappen factor will also be decisive on tracks that are less favorable for us,” he says. “He is in top form and makes the difference. There is no other driver who can drive at the limit on every lap of the race without making mistakes.”

But there is a second technical problem with the Red Bull team, which is used to success. The simulator provides misleading data. Marko: “In Monaco, for example, you could drive hard over the curbs in the simulator without any problems. On the real track, that was no longer the case.” The problem with the simulator is not new. For two years now – as F1-Insider.com learned – Verstappen has been complaining about incorrect data from the computer. But the technicians have repeatedly played it down. This annoys the Dutchman.

The mood in the team, which has been at rock bottom since the scandal surrounding team boss Christian Horner (alleged harassment of an employee), is also contributing to the growing frustration. Father Jos Verstappen even directly links Red Bull's weakness to the Horner affair. He ranted in the Dutch media: "Perhaps they should concentrate more on their careers and mutual communication rather than on other things.

Red Bull needs to find out exactly where the problems lie, because teams like Ferrari and McLaren are getting closer. Max is still hiding the problems, but it is becoming obvious with his teammate Sergio Perez - the difference between the two is currently huge. The time when Red Bull had the dominant car seems to be over. There will be races again in which Red Bull will be in good shape, but they definitely have more problems than in recent years. I am excited to see how they plan to solve this."

This fits in with the fact that the controversial team boss Christian Horner is unconsciously doing everything he can to drive Verstappen into the arms of the Stuttgart-based company. In Monaco, he is said to have criticised the three-time champion for making a mistake in the first corner in the crucial qualifying segment. That would have cost him a better result than sixth place.

Logically, that didn't go down well in the Verstappen camp. The unpopular team boss failed to mention that his team-mate Perez only came 18th with the difficult-to-drive Red Bull.

oh yeah Max, go to Mercedes, they have an amazing sim-track correlation- :mrgreen:

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Wouter wrote:
31 May 2024, 18:08

next year.

Even bigger reason to have Sainz in the other car as a backup plan. But nope.

But this whole article reeks of a hit piece. Playing up everything as negative as possible.

ringo

Article makes Max sound like a spoiled brat. The car is the best car. I don't think he is really complaining thia much. He has said many times the car felt amazing.
At most he will say even the tinniest of details why the car was not perfect.
But this article makes it sound like if he goes to Mercedes those engineers are gonna listen to him whining on. They dont even listen to Hamilton. Lol.
Max best to stay put! All other cars have bigger flaws. Mclaren still has weaknesses and Ferrari and those are the best options for him. The mercedes is an earth dreams honda reborn in silver.
For Sure!!

Dunlay
Dunlay

The F1-insider is more conjecture than fact. Seems more like a failed Hollywood script writer making a living out of F1

Sergej
Sergej

I think RB remains the best option till end of 2025, Max is not stupid and knows it

from 2026 on it's a complete unknown, RB may struggle with their new engine and Mercedes may have the best PU again, but nobody knows at the moment; honestly, I feel that Ferrari will be the place to be for next regulation, but they already have their star (and it's not Lewis Hamilton); could be hard times for Max in 2026 and later.