2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Does the Windtunnel allocation get reset when starting a new era of regulations?

Cs98
Cs98

Seems like a Horner decision to me. Anyways, it's not critical. Perez usually performs better when he has job security. When we get back to more traditional tracks he will be fine.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

This is called rewarding failure. Maybe Carlos Slim is going to help Horner with financing a takeover of the team and Perez comes with the deal. That's the only way this really makes sense.

2 years also handcuffs the team for if or when Max leaves and they need flexabiliy.
Last edited by TeamKoolGreen on 04 Jun 2024, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Cs98 wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 18:51
Seems like a Horner decision to me. Anyways, it's not critical. Perez usually performs better when he has job security. When we get back to more traditional tracks he will be fine.
Like where ? He struggles on everything but street tracks.

This has to be about money and far more than 15 million and some merch.
Last edited by TeamKoolGreen on 04 Jun 2024, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

SKYnRacing24

Thats great news for the other teams tbh. No one see's Perez as a threat. Imagine making Max fight for the WCC with one hand tied behind his back.....Again. Horner's always banged on about how the WCC means everything yet he's offered him the option of not one year but TWO with a possible extension after 2026 lool
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Cs98
Cs98

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 19:04
Thats great news for the other teams tbh. No one see's Perez as a threat. Imagine making Max fight for the WCC with one hand tied behind his back.....Again. Horner's always banged on about how the WCC means everything yet he's offered him the option of not one year but TWO with a possible extension after 2026 lool
Not really. I think he has been quite open with always prioritizing the WDC.

Wouter

Cs98 wrote:
Seems like a Horner decision to me. Anyways, it's not critical. Perez usually performs better when he has job security.
When we get back to more traditional tracks he will be fine.
Last time he drove worse when he signed a new contract.
And NO, he won't be fine when they get back to more traditional tracks.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 19:46
Cs98 wrote:
Seems like a Horner decision to me. Anyways, it's not critical. Perez usually performs better when he has job security.
When we get back to more traditional tracks he will be fine.
Last time he drove worse when he signed a new contract.
And NO, he won't be fine when they get back to more traditional tracks.
Spain then Austria are 2 good tracks for Red Bull. So if Checo cant step up there, qualify in the top 4 and be fighting for a podium in the race. Its game over for him/the team IMHO.

I just said in discord that statistically he's finished on the podium with 50% of his races.

Bahrain P5 - P2
Jeddah P3 - P2
Aussie P3 - P5
Japan P2 - P2
China P2 - P3
Miami P4 - P4
Imola P11 - P8
Monaco P18 - DNF

Certainly doesnt look a bad run of form on paper without looking more into it. Given the RBR has been a pig to setup in Monaco and Imola.

last year we had Ferrari tripping up and dropping points, which kept Checo in the mix in the sharp end of the standings alongside Charles. But now he is 5th of the top 6 (top 3 teams, RBR, Ferrari, McLaren). Even if he the others do start to bag points off each other, its still a big task to climb and maintain the points to get to P2 in the WDC.

organic

Embarrassing decision imo. WCC will be very tricky for next 3 years, if not impossible

djones
djones

Possibly done to make Max stay?

No better way to stat pad than having the best car with basically no team mate to take points or qualifying positions from you.

Wouter

djones wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 21:41

No better way to stat pad than having the best car with basically no team mate to take points or qualifying positions from you.
Possibly done because they already know Max won't stay.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

According to Scott Mitchell it's 1+1 with option on team side.

So this perhaps isn't as much of a 2-year extension as it seems. Not surprising given Perez isn't in a very strong position in negotiation I would say

This is much better as it means if there are better options available in 1 yr you don't need to stay as it is. Maybe they also have 1 eye on the fact that 2025 driver market could get interesting if Max does decide to leave

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

djones wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 21:41

Is Max really that worried about a competitive teammate? It's one thing to want somebody you can beat, and another to have a teammate who is basically never a help to you at all. And we know full well nowadays how without dominant pace, being on an island alone without teammate help can leave you vulnerable strategy-wise.

I dont fully understand the thinking here, honestly. Perez can be quite good at times, but his off days are putrid.

This smells like a huge vote of confidence in their post-Newey technical team to deliver a car that wont require Perez's best form on the regular, but I think I've said it before - it doesn't mean that confidence is well placed...

Mansell89
Mansell89

Crazy decision but it does highlight one of the issues of having Max- either he is pulling strings to avoid a big driver coming in, or his presence is scaring people off.

To think we’re gonna likely have to see talent like Carlos Sainz and Fernando Alonso- both of whom would have been options at some point this year- hand tied in midfield cars (unless AM or Audi/Williams deliver a mega car) in future whilst Red Bull retain Perez as a non threat to Max is just incredibly frustrating as a fan who wants to see great drivers go head to head.

Hopefully it makes the Constructors really interesting but man, two more years is staggering after how poor he’s been in what has been THE dominant car for 2-3 years.

Cs98
Cs98

Mansell89 wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 22:41
Crazy decision but it does highlight one of the issues of having Max- either he is pulling strings to avoid a big driver coming in, or his presence is scaring people off.

To think we’re gonna likely have to see talent like Carlos Sainz and Fernando Alonso- both of whom would have been options at some point this year- hand tied in midfield cars (unless AM or Audi/Williams deliver a mega car) in future whilst Red Bull retain Perez as a non threat to Max is just incredibly frustrating as a fan who wants to see great drivers go head to head.

Hopefully it makes the Constructors really interesting but man, two more years is staggering after how poor he’s been in what has been THE dominant car for 2-3 years.
That is a far smaller issue than not having Max. Ask Toto.