2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 01:07
PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 23:44
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 18:54
This is called rewarding failure. Maybe Carlos Slim is going to help Horner with financing a takeover of the team and Perez comes with the deal. That's the only way this really makes sense.

2 years also handcuffs the team for if or when Max leaves and they need flexabiliy.
It's called keeping Max happy.
Nope. That's not it. Max would want someone who can qualify just behind him and play rear gunner. Instead of sharing the front row with a Ferrari or McLaren every race because Checo cant get to Q3. Plus they wanted to sign Lando Norris , who would not be slow.

Max and Checo cant stand each other. Ever since Checo crashed on purpose, Max hasn't had time for him.
Max is fine with doing it all on his own. I don't he has much interest in the constructors, and neither does Redbull at this stage. They don't race on a Sunday and sell cars on a Monday like the other teams. They sell drinks. A constructors title really has little or no value to them.
Max's thing is perfecting his lap times and getting the most out of the car undisturbed. The last thing he wants is a teammate breathing down his neck. And these are his thoughts, I am not speculating. He wants to win in the fastest car and unbothered by competition.

Checo is the best choice from a results and commerical point of view. And before people start attacking me about the results, keep in mind that the results are tied to Max mainly. If there is another driver who makes the team slightly less comfortable Max will look outside to other teams, then if he goes he strengthens the other team and weakens redbull. Keeping both provides continuity and keeps the same "winning formula". Checo is performing any worse than his first year in 2022. He is at the same level and the results have been coming, so Horner wont change that.
In addition on the marketing side, we don't know how big an impact redbull are making in Mexico, latin American and the United States with Checo as the face of the brand in those regions.
For Sure!!

ringo

Chuckjr wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 02:40
CHT wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 02:04
RBR is still a branding exercise for Red Bull energy drinks and their ultimate goal is to generate wider fan base and brand awareness not just in Europe but globally. Having Perez will help RB promote their energy drinks to America Hispanic and South America market.
Yes exactly. This is about money, exposure, marketing, business, etc. It’s no longer about who’s the best driver for the seat, or what’s best for the team. Its about the assets the driver offers off track. Talent be damned. ](*,)

If this decision costs RB the 2025 constructors it’s all on Horner. He ran off Newey and now he’s extended arguably the worst #2 driver. Terrible, terrible decision for the racing team side. Obviously great decision from the drinks business side. Fans and team be damned. ](*,)

Horner fail. ](*,)
I respect Horner more. I do not like him, but it's hard to argue that he is not doing what's in the best interest of Redbull.
The team is a big commercial operation, and the value of F-1 has grown so much under Liberty's ownership. The fact of the matter is winning or losing doesn't matter. All is well once gobs of money is being made. It's like football nowadays. The ebs and flows of who wins or loses one year isn't really so important. Fans will cry in the moment, then the coach says some encouraging words about next year and then life goes on and the money wheel turns.

Checo is stable. His dad is not trying to wrestle power from Horner. Checo is mature, knows the business side of things, and seems to trust Horner. Horner now has a loyal driver on his side and that's very important. Max doesn't really care about the wider picture or viability of the team. He is a pure race through and through. That's not very helpful to Horner. The Jos and Marko circus that follows Max is also a liability to Christian. So Checo makes sense. He's a loyal soldier in Horner's infantry.
For Sure!!

Rikhart
Rikhart

ringo wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 15:50
And these are his thoughts, I am not speculating.
What is this, I don't even know how to answer to something like this. Did you go to a master in the mountain, to learn telepathy?

:lol:

Rikhart
Rikhart

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 01:28
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 23:44

It's called keeping Max happy.
Nope. That's not it. Max would want someone who can qualify just behind him and play rear gunner. Instead of sharing the front row with a Ferrari or McLaren every race because Checo cant get to Q3. Plus they wanted to sign Lando Norris , who would not be slow.

Max and Checo cant stand each other. Ever since Checo crashed on purpose, Max hasn't had time for him.
I'm not sure we arw talking about the same Max, you see. I'm talking about the Max that says he prefers to win by 30 seconds any day of the week. It's him and the machine and how perfect he can drivs it. He doesn't take too well to an annoying presence in the the other seat I'm sure. Can't imagine him battling a teammate each weekend and neither can Christian Horner and Helmut Marko.
Yes indeed, perish the thought he would have to battle a generational talent like say, a George Russel, that would surely break him.

Chuckjr

ringo wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 15:59
I respect Horner more. I do not like him, but it's hard to argue that he is not doing what's in the best interest of Redbull.
The team is a big commercial operation, and the value of F-1 has grown so much under Liberty's ownership. The fact of the matter is winning or losing doesn't matter. All is well once gobs of money is being made. It's like football nowadays. The ebs and flows of who wins or loses one year isn't really so important. Fans will cry in the moment, then the coach says some encouraging words about next year and then life goes on and the money wheel turns.

Checo is stable. His dad is not trying to wrestle power from Horner. Checo is mature, knows the business side of things, and seems to trust Horner. Horner now has a loyal driver on his side and that's very important. Max doesn't really care about the wider picture or viability of the team. He is a pure race through and through. That's not very helpful to Horner. The Jos and Marko circus that follows Max is also a liability to Christian. So Checo makes sense. He's a loyal soldier in Horner's infantry.
Are you as confident in your opinions here as you were that the zero pods were/are a good idea?

Checo is stable at securing crashes and compromising the team budget. He does these really well. He’s loyal to Horner because Horner won’t fire him and he knows his career is basically over when Red Bull release him. I called out Jos Verstappen as a loser some time ago as he instigates disruption and conflict within a team. He’s a fool and insubordinate imo, and another liability within Red Bull just like Checo.

It’s not helpful that Max is a racer through and through? Is that not what a manager wants—a straight up dedicated, tunnel vision to winning, talent?

Horner must be desperate if his “loyal soldier” is one of the weakest minded drivers in F1 today who is punting their budget this year and seems to have a knack for exposing the underside of the car to all the other teams. Horner has compromised the teams ability to win with this decision. Interesting you support it as it will compromise Red Bull’s ability to beat Ferrari - where your favorite driver arrives next year…hmmm.
Watching F1 since 1986.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

@Ringo

I am a fan of Red Bull and Horner and want him to continue as CEO and TP. But no matter how you try and reason with it , this Perez deal is indefensible.

His first year was 2021. And it happened that year also. He crashed on the staging lap at Spa.

It shows decline in the direction of Red Bull. They made no secret that they tried to get Lando Norris. Which really undoes a lot of arguments as to why they kept Perez. Sure. Lando and Max are friends. But Lando would be stealing some poles and wins from Max. Not many but some. And Red Bull were fine with this. The only reason it didn't happen is bc Lando said no.

If Lando was fine then Hulk, Bottas or Sainz should have been fine too.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Red Bull need a #2 driver upgrade clearly. Considering the field has levelled up. And Perez's deal was expiring. Perfect timing. And yet.....

Sieper

Rikhart wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 17:11
PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 01:28
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

I'm not sure we arw talking about the same Max, you see. I'm talking about the Max that says he prefers to win by 30 seconds any day of the week. It's him and the machine and how perfect he can drivs it. He doesn't take too well to an annoying presence in the the other seat I'm sure. Can't imagine him battling a teammate each weekend and neither can Christian Horner and Helmut Marko.
Yes indeed, perish the thought he would have to battle a generational talent like say, a George Russel, that would surely break him.
You forgot an l of the generational talents last name.

PlatinumZealot

Take it as you may, Perez has been the best performing RedBull number 2 driver when the car is winning.

Perez - good in 2021, 2022, 2023
Mark Webber - good in 2010.. Rubbish in 2012, 2012, 2013
Ricciardo - upset Vettel in 2014... Car was not challenging for championship.
Kyvat - Car not good.
Max - upset Ricciardo. Car not challenging for championship.
Gasly - Rubbish performance
Albon - ok enough performance but not great.

So results wise Perez is has actually been delivering!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

TimW
TimW

Red Bull will be continuously comparing the data of Verstappen, Perez, Tsunoda, Ricciardo and Lawson. Probably that data simply says that Perez is doing a pretty good job...

TNTHead

TimW wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 22:21
Red Bull will be continuously comparing the data of Verstappen, Perez, Tsunoda, Ricciardo and Lawson. Probably that data simply says that Perez is doing a pretty good job...
If thats the case a conclusion could be that Max is still out of any league performance wise.

Watto
Watto

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 22:06
Take it as you may, Perez has been the best performing RedBull number 2 driver when the car is winning.

Perez - good in 2021, 2022, 2023
Mark Webber - good in 2010.. Rubbish in 2012, 2012, 2013
Ricciardo - upset Vettel in 2014... Car was not challenging for championship.
Kyvat - Car not good.
Max - upset Ricciardo. Car not challenging for championship.
Gasly - Rubbish performance
Albon - ok enough performance but not great.

So results wise Perez is has actually been delivering!

I think Riccardo under performing probably helped the decision too if he was driving well in the RB then it may have made things different

I think a lot underestimate the pressure of going up against someone like Max all the time, I think I saw in an interview with Rosberg (hopefully I didn't just make this up lol) said what make driving against Hamilton hard was when you though you worked hard to find an edge on him, Lewis would work on improving and take that away - it was ruthless.

I maybe am surprised they made the call this early rather than wait a little longer to see how he goes further into the season but admit its probably the right call. I

PlatinumZealot

They have the data on Perez versus Buemi, Yuki, Lawso
and Ricciardo and who knows maybe Perez is holding up quite well against them and just that Max is an alien.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

They have done a brand new surface in Montreal so I think the RB20 will be better here than Monaco.

ringo

Chuckjr wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 18:20
ringo wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 15:59

Are you as confident in your opinions here as you were that the zero pods were/are a good idea?

Checo is stable at securing crashes and compromising the team budget. He does these really well. He’s loyal to Horner because Horner won’t fire him and he knows his career is basically over when Red Bull release him. I called out Jos Verstappen as a loser some time ago as he instigates disruption and conflict within a team. He’s a fool and insubordinate imo, and another liability within Red Bull just like Checo.

It’s not helpful that Max is a racer through and through? Is that not what a manager wants—a straight up dedicated, tunnel vision to winning, talent?

Horner must be desperate if his “loyal soldier” is one of the weakest minded drivers in F1 today who is punting their budget this year and seems to have a knack for exposing the underside of the car to all the other teams. Horner has compromised the teams ability to win with this decision. Interesting you support it as it will compromise Red Bull’s ability to beat Ferrari - where your favorite driver arrives next year…hmmm.
So much bitterness in this post. What did Checo do to you? :P
If you replaced checo with the word Max, you would have been reported by someone offended by your harsh words.

Checo is not a liability. Redbull has a board to answer to. Retaining him has to make sense.
For Sure!!