2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Perez has thick skin similar to Kimi. He plays politics, but plays it the right way. He says what the team wants to hear.
I feel his value is more than just driving. Look on how he influenced the racing point genesis after Force India.
The man is more than meets the eye when it comes to business and making things happen.
Let's see if his performances improve for the rest of the season.

The decision is made and no sense we argue over it. Looking forward these weak teammates put Max squarely in the Shumacher category as a great. But it is what it is. This path will get him to 8 titles the safest once the car is still the best. Horner nor Max do not want another season like 2021.. but within the team. That's unnecessary headache.
For Sure!!

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

FW17 wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 08:54
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 05:53
It sounds like Austria wanted Sainz. And Horner wanted Perez.

https://www.youtube.com/live/nuZkbmufRM ... akgRn9LN7t
Of the drivers available,

Perez was the only choice.
Not true. It sounds like Sainz was seriously considered.

Anyone supporting this move will have to stand by it all year long

Jurgen von Diaz

ringo wrote:Perez has thick skin similar to Kimi. He plays politics, but plays it the right way. He says what the team wants to hear.
I feel his value is more than just driving. Look on how he influenced the racing point genesis after Force India.
The man is more than meets the eye when it comes to business and making things happen.

The decision is made and no sense we argue over it. Looking forward these weak teammates put Max squarely in the Shumacher category as a great. But it is what it is. This path will get him to 8 titles the safest once the car is still the best. Horner nor Max do not want another season like 2021.. but within the team. That's unnecessary headache.
After the death of Mateschitz, Red Bull organisation is not the same anymore. In the past, the organisation would have already sacked Pérez and Ricciardo when the only thing that mattered was speed, not money. Sadly, I hope Verstappen will leave the team for 2026 so Horner and Pérez can enjoy themselves and trying to succeed.

organic

Montreal resurfacing means maybe it won't be as bad as expected. But the final chicane will still be a problem compared to Ferrari/McLaren.

The rb20 is seriously limited compared to its rivals

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

AMUS speculates about graining because of the smooth track. If all else fails, they have this:

:lol:

Wouter

stephen wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 21:13
That is the reality thanks to Horner and his great ideas!! He is not looking at the capabilities of the drivers but only
his personal preferences.
Mateschitz always said "No risk, no fun" and what does Horner do? He leaves Yuki (in whom they have invested a lot of money) for the 5th year at AlphaTauri and he kicks out a talent like Liam because Ricciardo has always been his favorite. It doesn't matter that he performs poorly. And Perez, well.......
Helmut Marko had a completely different preference, because he looks at the driver's capabilities, but he has lost his say.
Horner had promised Liam a seat for 2025 and was not allowed to drive for another team this year. He lost a whole year of driving experience because of Horner!! =D> #-o
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Translated from the Dutch Motorsport.com:

Red Bull's weak spot: How vulnerable is the RB20 for the rest of the F1 season?

Max Verstappen acknowledges that the 'old school curbs' in Montreal could once again pose a problem for Red Bull Racing. But what about the rest of the season?

The key to a fast lap around the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve lies in attacking the curbs. If you fly over this (literally and figuratively), time savings are guaranteed. Especially in the fast sections of the circuit. But as Red Bull has recently painfully discovered, this is something the RB20 doesn't like.

Almost everyone is convinced that Red Bull still has an advantage on a billiard table surface circuit where a lot of aerodynamics are required and where the rear tires have to be spared. For example, it is not very likely that anyone other than Red Bull will dominate the Spanish Grand Prix later this month. But not all circuits meet that set of requirements. It seems that when Red Bull has to set the car a little higher to compensate for the curbs and bumps, the RB20 falls out of the ideal set-up window.

At which circuits does Red Bull perform well?

When we take a closer look at the remaining races, it is possible to group the circuits where Red Bull may find it more difficult. These tracks require good performance at low speed (read: higher ride height at the rear), either due to the character of the corners or the presence of bumps/kerbs. In addition, there are circuits where the aerodynamic advantage of the RB20 can be played out, causing McLaren and Ferrari to travel with little confidence in advance.

And interestingly enough, that split is about fifty-fifty.
The circuits where Red Bull's weaknesses can be exposed by bumpy asphalt or curbstones are Canada, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Azerbaijan, Singapore, Brazil and Las Vegas.
On the other hand, there are circuits that do not seem to pose a problem in advance due to fast corners or slippery asphalt:
Spain, Great Britain, Belgium, the Netherlands, America, Mexico, Qatar and Abu Dhabi.

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/kerbs ... /10619972/
The Power of Dreams!

organic

I think Brazil, Hungary and Austria could be fine

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If one considers the historical trends, the Red Bull tends to drive poorly or have a bad balance (understeer) on these circuits:

Spain - understeer
Singapore - poor ride
Qatar - understeer
Mexico - understeer, bad ride in the esses.
Brazil - understeer
Austria - understeer

The drivers always seem to be happy here:

Canada
Hungary
Baku
Monza
Las Vegas
Silverstone
Spa
Zandvoort
COTA
Abu Dhabi

So that's my view. There are 6 more races where they are historically weak.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Wouter wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 22:00
That is the reality thanks to Horner and his great ideas!! He is not looking at the capabilities of the drivers but only
Mateschitz always said "No risk, no fun" and what does Horner do? He leaves Yuki (in whom they have invested a lot of money) for the 5th year at AlphaTauri and he kicks out a talent like Liam because Ricciardo has always been his favorite. It doesn't matter that he performs poorly. And Perez, well.......
Helmut Marko had a completely different preference, because he looks at the driver's capabilities, but he has lost his say.
Horner had promised Liam a seat for 2025 and was not allowed to drive for another team this year. He lost a whole year of driving experience because of Horner!! =D> #-o
Isn't Yuki a 'Honda's quota' driver primarily and probably that's the reason he isn't considered for the main team ? Just wondering. Also, is Lawson also of same internal status ?
I honestly think Lawson is better than Yuki. Definitely the Redbull of old would have thrown out Perez and brought in Lawson. I still think Perez for 2 more yrs isn't the quite the "himalayan blunder" that it's made out to be, even if it's sub-optimal from a constructor's battle perspective. I agree that if we take both drivers from the top 4 teams, he is doubtlessly last in terms of ability. But maybe that's what Redbull want, after all the checks and balances (racing, engineering, finance) considered. But I would have loved to have had Lawson pairing Max. His driving style is full on "angry-terrier" , just like how Max was in 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

"I try to focus on what we have here," Verstappen told RacingNews365. "I think we have a lot of work to do and we know it. After Monaco, we have a good direction we can work towards, so that's actually quite nice. I don't focus on others, because that's a waste of energy and we know what we can and should improve. We also have a strong team."

But are the kerbstones a problem for Red Bull again? Probably still in Canada, but maybe not later this year, says a positive Verstappen. Red Bull is working hard to find a quick solution. "It's not our favorite aspect of this world, but we're working on an improvement. That takes time, so we won't solve it in a week, but we're definitely going to try to optimize things. I have hope and confidence that we could do better this year."

The 26-year-old world champion also thinks it is necessary for Red Bull to solve it quickly. "It's been a problem since day one of these regulations and we haven't been able to solve it yet. Monaco was a wake-up call. We had a lot of good discussions at the factory and I feel like there's more focus now on solving the problem. Everyone is getting closer and you can no longer rely on your lead, even when it comes to problems with kerbstones. It needs to be resolved, but that takes time. Some designs are already there and need to be redeveloped. With the budget cap, you can't do that within one or two weeks."
https://racingnews365.nl/verstappen-gee ... l-probleem

Watto
Watto

Wouter wrote:
stephen wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 21:13
https://i.imgur.com/QuJEHaq.png
I think Marko has been equally at fault here though he did put in Nyck de Vries which was out of step for Red Bull using AT/What ever name theya re as their junior development team I don't think Nyck nor Daniel really suit that role. Nyck was there because he was Dutch like Max. And Daniel because CH was fond of him.

TBH, i almost expect either one of Riccardo or Yuki to be gone next year.
venkyhere wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 05:10
Wouter wrote:
Isn't Yuki a 'Honda's quota' driver primarily and probably that's the reason he isn't considered for the main team ? Just wondering. Also, is Lawson also of same internal status ?
I honestly think Lawson is better than Yuki. Definitely the Redbull of old would have thrown out Perez and brought in Lawson. I still think Perez for 2 more yrs isn't the quite the "himalayan blunder" that it's made out to be, even if it's sub-optimal from a constructor's battle perspective. I agree that if we take both drivers from the top 4 teams, he is doubtlessly last in terms of ability. But maybe that's what Redbull want, after all the checks and balances (racing, engineering, finance) considered. But I would have loved to have had Lawson pairing Max. His driving style is full on "angry-terrier" , just like how Max was in 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.
Yeah Yuki is there under contract via Honda.

With Perez I though they would be better to wait a little longer and see how form continues.
If he held up well in the 2nd half the season then I think Perez makes sense.

But, agree too its not the disaster some are making out either in 2021 he played a decent role in protecting Max though defensive driving on Lewis.late in the season to give Max space. He probably hasn't quite found that consistency under the new cars.

DDopey
DDopey

Watto wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 06:30
With Perez I though they would be better to wait a little longer and see how form continues.
If he held up well in the 2nd half the season then I think Perez makes sense.
Maybe there is some performance clause in the contract, one can hope.

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 06:20
"I try to focus on what we have here," Verstappen told RacingNews365. "I think we have a lot of work to do and we know it. After Monaco, we have a good direction we can work towards, so that's actually quite nice. I don't focus on others, because that's a waste of energy and we know what we can and should improve. We also have a strong team."

But are the kerbstones a problem for Red Bull again? Probably still in Canada, but maybe not later this year, says a positive Verstappen. Red Bull is working hard to find a quick solution. "It's not our favorite aspect of this world, but we're working on an improvement. That takes time, so we won't solve it in a week, but we're definitely going to try to optimize things. I have hope and confidence that we could do better this year."

The 26-year-old world champion also thinks it is necessary for Red Bull to solve it quickly. "It's been a problem since day one of these regulations and we haven't been able to solve it yet. Monaco was a wake-up call. We had a lot of good discussions at the factory and I feel like there's more focus now on solving the problem. Everyone is getting closer and you can no longer rely on your lead, even when it comes to problems with kerbstones. It needs to be resolved, but that takes time. Some designs are already there and need to be redeveloped. With the budget cap, you can't do that within one or two weeks."
https://racingnews365.nl/verstappen-gee ... l-probleem
from this interview ("Monaco was a wake-up call", "I feel like there's more focus now on solving the problem") one could argue that they took the problem seriously only after Monaco and Max wanted to point it out, which sounds strange to me since this was evident since Singapore 2023 and was openly a focus area from RB19 to RB20

anyway Max was in the sim this week, let's hope for a better prep setup, they cannot afford anymore to circle around with a sh*tty setup the whole Friday

Dunlay
Dunlay

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 16:50
ringo wrote:Perez has thick skin similar to Kimi. He plays politics, but plays it the right way. He says what the team wants to hear.

After the death of Mateschitz, Red Bull organisation is not the same anymore. In the past, the organisation would have already sacked Pérez and Ricciardo when the only thing that mattered was speed, not money. Sadly, I hope Verstappen will leave the team for 2026 so Horner and Pérez can enjoy themselves and trying to succeed.
Emotions aside, Max is going nowhere until 2027. Red Bull still is the best car and would remain competitive for 2025. Big question mark over every team for 2026. So ideal to stay put and then find the right option for 2027. But if Red Bull remains competitive for 2026, then he is not going anywhere. Drivers are not stupid yo leave the car that gives them limelight, recognition and succees, name in F1 and money. Look at Lewis. He could have walked away from F1 altogether, but it's difficult to do when you are addicted to these things. He is still searching for that success. Same with Alonso