2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mkay
mkay

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 21:53
Luscion wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 21:38
Allison suspects RB's upgrade at Imola didnt work as expected but thinks they'll be fine at tracks with decent range of cornering speeds

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... /10620670/

Allison has always been a bit of a sour wolf in sheep's clothing. Nothing more than an envious onlooker for the last few seasons. When asked about Red Bull's floor pictures from Monaco a few years back, he said it was not that impressive. :lol:

"I guess as soon as there's a decent range of cornering speeds, they'll be useful again, but it does look as if their upgrade was a downgrade," explained Allison at the Canadian Grand Prix about what he felt was going on at Red Bull.

"So, fingers crossed that would really mess them up.

Asked if seeing Red Bull fall back into the pack had given Mercedes a spark of excitement, Allison said: "Everyone always loves other people's misery in this game."
As the bolded sections illustrate, his perspective is not so credible. It's more so wishful thinking like the numbers coming out of his windtunnel in the last couple of years.
I think you're taking his comments a little too much at face value. Allison often speaks tongue-in-cheek.

organic

Max: "It’s something that we’re working on to try and make better. And this takes time. This is not something that is solved from one to the other week, but for sure, we’ll try to optimise things."

"I think maybe some things will be different next year that maybe are a bit more difficult to let’s say redesign this year, but I’m still hopeful and confident that we can do a better job already this year."

"After Monaco I think we have a good direction to work in. And that’s actually quite exciting."
Sounds like rb20 will be limited all year

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 22:31
Max: "It’s something that we’re working on to try and make better. And this takes time. This is not something that is solved from one to the other week, but for sure, we’ll try to optimise things."

"I think maybe some things will be different next year that maybe are a bit more difficult to let’s say redesign this year, but I’m still hopeful and confident that we can do a better job already this year."

"After Monaco I think we have a good direction to work in. And that’s actually quite exciting."
Sounds like rb20 will be limited all year
Strangely, I don't feel that this is their biggest problem or even a big one. No car can suit every circuit. The problem currently is that for the compromise that they have taken with the stiff ride, it is not showing up as much of a reward in the other characteristics of the car. Mclaren is just as fast in medium and high speed while seemingly also being better over kerbs and bumps. What have they done... :lol:

In Miami, they were not very fast relative to Mclaren before or after the floor damage. Miami is perfectly smooth and not a traditional street track at all, other than walls lining the circuit. So unless there is something compelling for Barcelona, I would expect Mclaren ahead again.

Sergej
Sergej

ready go and Max's car is broken, amazing

well at least it's raining so not much time lost

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It's always Verstappen's car.

chrisc90

Saving grace its raining so not a huge amount of running today.

It was a new engine and ERS? today though.

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90

Better practice than the race!

Sergej
Sergej

let's hope none of the new elements is fuc*ed

Sieper

At least the mgu-k I would think, and why not a lot more if small pieces of metal got ground and went through the rest.

Always Max indeed. Already one race lost to technical problems and this weekend compromised and likely another as well when they have to take additional elements.

Paa

Honestly it's not the end of the world if it can be fixed by tomorrow. Max lost like 5-5 soft and inter tyre laps. Don't think this is a weekend defining thing.

It is more worrying that seems there are more and more cracks in their perfect clockwork machine. I hope it is some really random stuff, rather than some systematic deterioration.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The 2-3 dry laps that Verstappen did looked good from onboards. I think they are not far off with setup compared to some other weekends. Good rotation at the hairpin (amazing rotation compared to Japan and Monaco hairpins). Normally you can immediately see areas with problems on a track but nothing stood out. The track is very smooth. It looked better here in just 2 laps than it did after 3 practice sessions in Monaco and Imola.

Wouter

Red Bull Racing has announced that it concerns a problem with the ERS, or the Energy Recovery System.
Helmut Marko confirmed this to Motorsport.com in the paddock, but said that the exact cause has yet to be found.
"It's a problem with the engine. We now have to take the engine out of the car to find the exact cause, but it is certainly
on the electrical side of the engine."
Judging from the FIA ​​documents, Verstappen has also added a new power source to his so-called pool today, but Marko emphasizes that the new one is not broken. "No, this is not a new engine, but an old one."

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-up ... /10620828/

Edit:
??? Horner: "We’ll have a lot of work to do tomorrow in FP3 to get an understanding on where we can get the car before qualifying.

It looks like an ERS fault on Max’s car, something we’ll continue to investigate and resolve into the evening
to be ready for tomorrow."

So it was the new PU??
The Power of Dreams!

Sergej
Sergej

of course it was the new PU, AFAIK if the FIA releases the document for the new PU (like yesterday for the RB) it means that the car has exited the pitlane with the new elements installed; in fact I did not quite understand that comment from Marko, maybe one of his usual blunders

Sieper

Maybe he tries to hide the fact. As if max needs a new engine it will force a start from the (near) back of the grid later in the season.