2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:28
venkyhere wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:10
However unbelieve or unprofessional Norris was, what leClerc did , in retaliation, was petulant school-bully stuff. Didn't expect this from him.
Norris was on the racing line and Leclerc tried getting past. Norris, looking left side the whole time then straightens the steering wheel, moves a meter and hits Leclerc. But yeah, let's always blame Ferrari drivers...

https://i.ibb.co/jgCbYVq/nor-hits-lec-bar-24.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/7YGHvHH/nor-hits-lec-bar-24-2.jpg
If Leclerc didn’t slam on like a child Lando would have fallen in line behind Leclerc.
Come on, everyone is forgetting Leclerc slammed on, pulled a load of downshifts and swerved left
Last edited by CjC on 22 Jun 2024, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Just a fan's point of view

Cs98
Cs98

Leclerc with a completely unnecessary road rage. It could and probably should result in a 3 place grid drop (as should the Stroll incident). Why on a weekend where pole is withing reach, where the team has worked flat out to bring an upgrade to the track, do you do something like this? He has let the team down, and himself.

chrisc90

Vanja #66 wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
However unbelieve or unprofessional Norris was, what leClerc did , in retaliation, was petulant school-bully stuff. Didn't expect this from him.
Norris was on the racing line and Leclerc tried getting past. Norris, looking left side the whole time then straightens the steering wheel, moves a meter and hits Leclerc. But yeah, let's always blame Ferrari drivers...

And the racing line that charles should have took is where on the track? I mean heres a video of Charles' previous hot lap and its completely nowhere near Lando was on track through that section.

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
venkyhere wrote:

Are you intentionally misleading people on the forum? Norris is nowhere near the racing line. 2-3 car widths

2022 pole showing racing line

2023 pole showing racing line

Norris' line drawn and blue line is racing line. Even if Norris doesn't hug the very inside of the track (which you are not required to do), he never actually gets closer to the racing line as that also drifts outwards at the same time as he stops applying steering lock. in 99.9% of cases, the car on the outlap does what Norris does. You don't hug the white line constantly when letting a car pass

Last edited by organic on 22 Jun 2024, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

CjC wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:31
If Leclerc didn’t slam on like a child Lando would have fallen in line behind Leclerc.
Come on, everyone is forgetting Leclerc slammed on, pulled a load of downshifts and swerved left
Slammed? Did tyres smoke and lock up?

Unlike Norris, Leclerc kept the steering angle on the left the whole time. Is Leclerc forbidden from braking and moving out of the racing line after getting impeded through 3 corners? If Norris kept to the left as he initially did, nothing would have happened. That's called erratic driving
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

chrisc90

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:38
CjC wrote:

Unlike Norris, Leclerc kept the steering angle on the left the whole time. Is Leclerc forbidden from braking and moving out of the racing line after getting impeded through 3 corners? If Norris kept to the left as he initially did, nothing would have happened. That's called erratic driving
Erratic driving is dropping 3 gears, slowing down and moving 2-3 car lengths left off the racing line on a hotlap to make a point to the driver who slowed you down.

CjC
CjC

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:41
Vanja #66 wrote:
CjC wrote:

Erratic driving is dropping 3 gears, slowing down and moving 2-3 car lengths left off the racing line on a hotlap to make a point to the driver who slowed you down.
Thank you that’s my reply as well.
Leclerc was no where near the corner entry racing line.
I’ll say no more and wait for the stewards.
For all I know I could be wrong :twisted:

CjC
CjC

Can’t believe no one is jumping up and down about Carlos being impeding :lol:

Space-heat
Space-heat

CjC wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:49
Probably because it all starts with the LEC-NOR incident. Max will argue Norris impeded him, Norris will say Charles hit him.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

One thing is for sure, DTS will have a field day over this.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Vanja #66 wrote:
CjC wrote:

I honestly can’t be more disappointed with you here. Your insights technically are amazing and highly appreciated but first coming into the McLaren section to stoke the fire and then literally gaslighting everyone with your “analysis”.
It doesn’t befit you. Please stop

CjC
CjC

Space-heat wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:51
CjC wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:49
Probably because it all starts with the LEC-NOR incident. Max will argue Norris impeded him, Norris will say Charles hit him.
Thank the lord it was Carlos steaming up to them with his DRS open and backed off before anything happened.
If it was Leclerc in his current head state they’d be craning his car from out of the crowd aka Mark Webber style :lol:

Emag
Emag

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:56
Vanja #66 wrote:
CjC wrote:

I honestly can’t be more disappointed with you here. Your insights technically are amazing and highly appreciated but first coming into the McLaren section to stoke the fire and then literally gaslighting everyone with your “analysis”.
It doesn’t befit you. Please stop
The funny thing is that Lando is actually nowhere near the racing line there. If you want to argue any impediment, then argue about T5 before this. And even then, it was probably a missunderstanding by the pitlane not expecting Leclerc to go for a fast lap again (on used tires) on the last minutes of the session. Lando was instructed by the pitlane to go on a constant speed lap. They only went out for the launch practice. So maybe they got caught quicker than expected.

Either way, in practice you get a reprimand only if you're dangerously blocking someone. And that was hardly a block to begin with, because Leclerc was free to take his line in T5. Dirty air maybe lost him a tenth but he was not forced to brake in the middle of the apex.

But then Leclerc went into a baby rage and just pulled up alongside him (going off the racing line purposefully), just to brake and turn into him.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Vanja #66 wrote:

None of this matters.. LeClerc downshifted, swerves in, brake checks, swerves out. If he was following the racing line, he would've braked much later. Of course he was blocked, rightfully he is frustrated. But there is simply no justification for blowing his fuse and the road rage manouver that followed. Being a person who is very harsh on himself, I'm sure leClerc will the first one to admit his mistake, so I don't understand the need to invent justifications.

hollus

LESS-DRIVER-DRAMA.

Go watch DTS, it is fine, but you did not come to F1T for 2 pages of finger-pointing.
To the finger pointers... restraint, please. The forum is what you make of it. Or ask for a job in DTS if that is your cup of tea.
Rivals, not enemies.