2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Austria is definitely not as good of a track for Red Bull compared to Barcelona. Will be chasing Mclaren, again. Max's form only means he's going to win some of the races that Mclaren should have won, not all. Norris will probably win in Austria.

Like I said before, there needs to be a B-spec.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 23 Jun 2024, 17:52, edited 3 times in total.

Rikhart
Rikhart

organic wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:43
Considering the rate of development of McLaren currently and their 3rd position in WCC with upcoming redistribution of ATR allowance, losing title fights is a very real possibility if the silverstone package does not deliver a significant gain.

Not sure how much a flexi front wing could bring when it does arrive (hopefully before the summer break?) but surely we're talking about a tenth maybe two at most. That won't be enough and it's certainly not a magic bullet
2 tenths is absolutely massive, these wings are what transformed the mercs and the mclarens. Also, not just on pace alone, but then you can stack more DF which will protect the tyres better, etc, it's a compound effect.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:47
You need a car thats at least .3 - .4s a lap faster to beat Max Verstappen.
I don't think so. I will explain why

The mcl38 has been good at curbs, bumps, smooth asphalt, rough asphalt, now aero track like Barcelona. When rb20 has a bad weekend due to curbing like it will be at for instance Singapore we are talking about being the 4th fastest.

When McLaren have an off weekend in terms of performance they will be a close 2nd fastest or a very close 3rd like we saw at Canada and Monaco. And that's before their future upgrades.

When you have off-weekends like the rb20 will have there can be big swings in the championship

Sergej
Sergej

I feel that in Austria Red Bull (well, Max) can have an edge over McLaren, let's hope they don't fu*k massively the setup with the sprint

Silverstone, well better Red Bull bring this famous major update otherwise they will be destroyed by McLaren

and about flexy wing, don't put your hopes on this, there is no chance we can see it before summer break, not even sure it's the right path to follow on development

Paa

organic wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:52
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:47
You need a car thats at least .3 - .4s a lap faster to beat Max Verstappen.
I don't think so. I will explain why

The mcl38 has been good at curbs, bumps, smooth asphalt, rough asphalt, now aero track like Barcelona. When rb20 has a bad weekend due to curbing like it will be at for instance Singapore we are talking about being the 4th fastest.

When McLaren have an off weekend in terms of performance they will be a close 2nd fastest or a very close 3rd like we saw at Canada and Monaco. And that's before their future upgrades.

When you have off-weekends like the rb20 will have there can be big swings in the championship
That's true, however, even if they have the fastest car, Norris/McLaren doesn't seem to be so experienced as RedBull, maximizing all of their potential. If you give them the pace benefit, you also have to acknowledge the operation/consistency advantage that Max/RedBull seem to still have.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:06
I feel that in Austria Red Bull (well, Max) can have an edge over McLaren, let's hope they don't fu*k massively the setup with the sprint

Silverstone, well better Red Bull bring this famous major update otherwise they will be destroyed by McLaren
Edge over Mclaren in Austria? with what? The catering? :lol:

RB20 will be too far away from the Mclaren in Austria.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 23 Jun 2024, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Sergej wrote:
I don't think Austria will be good at all. Thin air only undermines the only remaining strength of the rb20 which is efficiency
Last edited by organic on 23 Jun 2024, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

lio007

We have to consider McLaren had 25% more aero development allowance until 31st December 2023 than RBR.
From Jan-Jun 2024 they had 15% more which will be reduced by another 5% from 1st July onwards.
Still 10% more than RBR but they have to be a bit more selective on what they are going to test in the wind tunnel/CFD.
Mercedes is a big winner IMO, from 1st of July they gain 10% more testing allowance.

RBR has the least testing allowance since 1st of July 2021!!!

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:12
Sergej wrote:

Edge over Mclaren in Austria? with what? The catering? :lol:

RB20 will be too far away from the Mclaren in Austria.
ok, I had a good feeling but you destroyed it :D then it will be damage limitation, I think also Ferrari will be strong there, let's see.

Paa

lio007 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:13
We have to consider McLaren had 25% more aero development allowance until 31st December 2023 than RBR.
From Jan-Jun 2024 they had 15% more which will be reduced by another 5% from 1st July onwards.
Still 10% more than RBR but they have to be a bit more selective on what they are going to test in the wind tunnel/CFD.
Mercedes is a big winner IMO, from 1st of July they gain 10% more testing allowance.

Yes, it is a good point and usually forgotten.
People said this doesn't have any effect, just because RedBull didn't lose it's great advantage in 3 months.
But it clearly makes a difference in longer term.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Perez 3s only ahead of the alpine. How is this acceptable by RB management?

Dunlay
Dunlay

What a supreme performance by Perez! Ultimately managed to beat both the Alpines! =D>

Dunlay
Dunlay

Paa wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:21
lio007 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:13

Yes, it is a good point and usually forgotten.
People said this doesn't have any effect, just because RedBull didn't lose it's great advantage in 3 months.
But it clearly makes a difference in longer term.
That was the whole point of these regulations! If not for Red Bull have gained a massive advantage at the start of 2022 and the other teams fluffing it so badly, we would be seeing the performance rotation for more than what we have seen. Red Bull did a good job and have almost pocketed 3 double titles. In such a restricted set of regulations, winning 3 double titles is going to be a massive achievement. Nothing to really crib about if the inevitable of chasing pack catching up is materializing. It's a good thing for F1.

Sergej
Sergej

tha "bad thing" is that RB will surely keep the first position in WCC by 30th June when ATR is re-calculated, so they will have again the least amount of resources despite not having been anymore the fastest for quite some races now

Wouter

Great to see Max his grandma supported him this weekend. Max was so super happy with his win and her presence!
Support from his own family is the best support he can get! His aunt and cousin were also there. What a win!! =D>

The Power of Dreams!