Silly season 2024-2025

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: Silly season 2024-2025

Can’t doesn’t have a seat anyhow? He’s just on loan from red bull?

Jurgen von Diaz

This should have been the other way around; Pérez fired and Tsunoda in. Ricciardo and Lawson at Toro Rosso. Pérez has performed way worse than Ricciardo.

Jambier

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:31
This should have been the other way around; Pérez fired and Tsunoda in. Ricciardo and Lawson at Toro Rosso. Pérez has performed way worse than Ricciardo.
Agreed.
Perez had a nice end of career with Red Bull, it was already a miracle his come back.
I think his time in F1 is over. To be honest, I really like Ricciardo but I think the same...

Let some seats for Lawson and some others, same for Sargeant or even Bottas

ringo

Riciardo is an unpredictable problem to have for Redbull. He is also likeable so that creates a rough dynamic to force him to be #2 driver in the team. I dont think redbull want him back to upset the harmony. Perez is 100% harmonious.

As for Russel, i think he id begging for Max to come and is probably okay with Totos flattery of Max to get him into the team.
For Sure!!

Nickel
Nickel

ringo wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 03:03
Riciardo is an unpredictable problem to have for Redbull. He is also likeable so that creates a rough dynamic to force him to be #2 driver in the team. I dont think redbull want him back to upset the harmony. Perez is 100% harmonious.

As for Russel, i think he id begging for Max to come and is probably okay with Totos flattery of Max to get him into the team.
I agree, I get the impression Russel is convinced he can go toe to toe with Max and make himself look good. He's done well against Lewis, so it isn't an outlandish concept.

JordanMugen

organic wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 14:30
Toto Wolff believes the progress they made can convince Max to join Mercedes:

"I think it’s Max who wins the races and not Red Bull. The RB20 is solid, but Perez isn’t doing well. It’s Max who makes all the difference."
Toto already has top drivers Russell and Hamilton, why aren't they making all the difference? :wtf:

Verstappen also didn't make the difference to beat Mercedes between 2016 and 2020. :wtf:

CHT wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 15:02
Does it also mean whoever drives for Merc in 2025 will likely be a seat warmer?
Ocon will take a one year deal most likely, why isn't Ocon to Mercedes announced? :?:

organic wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:20
No time frame given , but I'm not expecting them to put him in mid-season.

https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/1860 ... derung-zum
I see a .at in the URL. Surely news from the Austrian faction is unreliable given Ricciardo is backed by Horner and the Thai faction?

While the experienced Australian is highly regarded by Red Bull team boss Christian Horner, Helmut Marko is fully committed to the young New Zealander.
https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/1860 ... derung-zum

This is irrelevant, given Horner has factional control like in actual politics? The faction with the upper hand makes the decisions, no?

djos

ringo wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 03:03

Marko is just throwing a public tantrum because Christian somehow emerged from his recent scandal with complete control over the RedBull Racing empire.
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

I would like to see Riccardo and Sainz at Alpine next year.

Jurgen von Diaz

FW17 wrote:I would like to see Riccardo and Sainz at Alpine next year.
I would like to see Bottas. He has done a solid job with the shitbox and he is at least clearly beating his teammate, although Zhou is a pay driver. Ricciardo is so "has-been" and this is unnecessary CPR for him. There are young talents waiting for their turn.

djos

FW17 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 07:15
I think Carlos and Daniel would be mad to go back to Enstone, Daniel left because he could see they weren’t investing enough in the right areas and were politically unstable, and Carlos was probably thinking the same thing.

Carlos would be smart to go to Williams IMO, they have smart leadership who are doing all the right things to make the team competitive.

Personally, I’d run the heck away from any team with James Key in it. Just look at how much MacLaren improved when they fired him. His car concepts were deeply flawed and he kept the brilliant Peter P sidelined.

Sauber might not have the best facilities yet, but the right people are even more important, and Key has got nothing good to show for his time there.
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

djos wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 08:01
FW17 wrote:
I think Carlos and Daniel would be mad to go back to Enstone, Daniel left because he could see they weren’t investing enough in the right areas and were politically unstable, and Carlos was probably thinking the same thing.

Carlos would be smart to go to Williams IMO, they have smart leadership who are doing all the right things to make the team competitive.

Personally, I’d run the heck away from any team with James Key in it. Just look at how much MacLaren improved when they fired him. His car concepts were deeply flawed and he kept the brilliant Peter P sidelined.

Sauber might not have the best facilities yet, but the right people are even more important, and Key has got nothing good to show for his time there.
Daniel was nuts to believe in a grade 1 a-hole Cyril.

djos

FW17 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 09:48
djos wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 08:01
FW17 wrote:

Daniel was nuts to believe in a grade 1 a-hole Cyril.
Renault/Alpine have had nothing but clowns in charge for a long time, Daniel got some really bad advice to leave RedBull, that he should have ignored.
"In downforce we trust"

DGP123
DGP123

Ricciardo went for the ridiculous salary of $25m over two years. The Renault & McLaren deals secured him for life, at a time of Mercedes dominance. He knew what he was doing, and what he was getting into.

FW17

DGP123 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 11:22
Ricciardo went for the ridiculous salary of $25m over two years. The Renault & McLaren deals secured him for life, at a time of Mercedes dominance. He knew what he was doing, and what he was getting into.
Specially when he had some access to Honda numbers and progress at Torro Rosso in comparison to the Tag engine

djos

FW17 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 12:33
DGP123 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 11:22
Specially when he had some access to Honda numbers and progress at Torro Rosso in comparison to the Tag engine
Iirc, Honda ran in the TR for a year before Daniel left, and was still a fairly big unknown. Regardless, I don’t think any top tier F1 driver leaves just for a big pay check. They leave because they hope they can win races and championships at the new team. Renault were a works team that appeared to be on an upward trajectory at the time.

Just ask Fernando how many times he’s been convinced that a team is going to be able to compete for wins and championships, only to be found wanting.
"In downforce we trust"