Silly season 2024-2025

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: Silly season 2024-2025

djos wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 03:00
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 02:46
djos wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 02:40
The speculation that Daniel could replace Perez is building:

https://apple.news/AFgOkPCYcSt-0J_l-iEvN5A
From australian fox news.
They aren’t the only ones.
The driver who is on the verge of losing his own place is going to replace another in the same situation? That's comedy. :lol:

Even if Perez crashes out of every single of the remaining races, he would still be driving for Red Bull, just like Daniel has and would continue at VCARB. Courtesy of Horner.

djos

Dunlay wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 03:44
djos wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 02:46

From australian fox news.
The driver who is on the verge of losing his own place is going to replace another in the same situation? That's comedy. :lol:

Even if Perez crashes out of every single of the remaining races, he would still be driving for Red Bull, just like Daniel has and would continue at VCARB. Courtesy of Horner.
Daniel has out performed Perez and Yuki over the last 5 race weekends, he’s not in any danger.

Marko can stir up trouble all he likes, but the data speaks for itself.
"In downforce we trust"

Dunlay
Dunlay

djos wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 04:38
Dunlay wrote:
djos wrote:

Daniel has out performed Perez and Yuki over the last 5 race weekends, he’s not in any danger.

When was the last time Red Bull made driver decisions based on data? :)

djos

Dunlay wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 04:49
djos wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Touche!
"In downforce we trust"

Dunlay
Dunlay

djos wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 05:02
Dunlay wrote:
djos wrote:

Touche!
You can read more than Touche in it. :lol:

Perez and Daniel have done way worse than many other Red Bull and Toro Rosso drivers of the past, yet they continue. So it's not data, it's what they "feel" about drivers. At the moment, neither seems out of favour, while clearly bad choices for both teams based on performance. But that's how Red Bull decision making works. My guess is, if not for fall out of Horner and Marko, by now both Perez and Daniel would be gone by the way Marko used to make decisions. Horner appears to be determined to not let Marko make any decisions. For now, Perez has a contract, Daniel doesn't.

djos

Dunlay wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 05:13
djos wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
Touche!

Perez and Daniel have done way worse than many other Red Bull and Toro Rosso drivers of the past, yet they continue. So it's not data, it's what they "feel" about drivers. At the moment, neither seems out of favour, while clearly bad choices for both teams based on performance. But that's how Red Bull decision making works. My guess is, if not for fall out of Horner and Marko, by now both Perez and Daniel would be gone by the way Marko used to make decisions. Horner appears to be determined to not let Marko make any decisions. For now, Perez has a contract, Daniel doesn't.
The big difference between Daniel and Perez is, none of Daniel’s wins came in the best car on the grid, all but one of Perez’s wins where in the best car on the grid.

Daniel also has the ability to guide setup and development direction, as evidenced by his time at Renault and now RB. Maclaren were fools to try and change his driving style, instead of fixing their rubbish handling car.

Perez has admitted having to take Max’s setup because his direction didn’t work.
"In downforce we trust"

Dunlay
Dunlay

djos wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 05:20
Dunlay wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 05:13
djos wrote:

Touche!

The big difference between Daniel and Perez is, none of Daniel’s wins came in the best car on the grid, all but one of Perez’s wins where in the best car on the grid.

Daniel also has the ability to guide setup and development direction, as evidenced by his time at Renault and now RB. Maclaren were fools to try and change his driving style, instead of fixing their rubbish handling car.

Perez has admitted having to take Max’s setup because his direction didn’t work.
Again, the data is of no use in the way Red Bull makes decisions. IMO, Daniel and Perez are long, way long past their sell by date, but Horner wants to keep them for their loyalty, despite the full understanding (way more than any of us know) of the that fact. How long is that going to continue, only time will tell. There are 2 precious seats for young/talented drivers and undeserving drivers are occyping it, which is a shame for Red Bull and F1.

Jurgen von Diaz

djos wrote:The speculation that Daniel could replace Perez is building:
Notable here is that in the last five races Ricciardo has on average qualified ahead of Pérez with a car that has been something like 0.75 seconds slower per lap. They’ve both made Q3 twice, while the Mexican has been eliminated in Q1 once more than has the Australian.
Ricciardo is hoping for a seat at Toro Rosso, can't even dreaming of Red Bull. There isn't a single team that is interested in Ricciardo at the moment, so this guy isn't getting a Red Bull seat with a couple of good races. There is a reason why they have already locked in Tsunoda and not Ricciardo. The only way how Ricciardo can even have a seat next year is if Tsunoda replaces Perez and Lawson takes his place at Toro Rosso.

djos

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 06:59
Notable here is that in the last five races Ricciardo has on average qualified ahead of Pérez with a car that has been something like 0.75 seconds slower per lap. They’ve both made Q3 twice, while the Mexican has been eliminated in Q1 once more than has the Australian.
Ricciardo is hoping for a seat at Toro Rosso, can't even dreaming of Red Bull. There isn't a single team that is interested in Ricciardo at the moment, so this guy isn't getting a Red Bull seat with a couple of good races. There is a reason why they have already locked in Tsunoda and not Ricciardo. The only way how Ricciardo can even have a seat next year is if Tsunoda replaces Perez and Lawson takes his place at Toro Rosso.
You are making a lot of statements and claiming “reasons”, but I’m seeing a distinct lack of evidence for your opinions.
"In downforce we trust"

Jurgen von Diaz

djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

You are making a lot of statements and claiming “reasons”, but I’m seeing a distinct lack of evidence for your opinions.
They would have already locked Ricciardo in if they were afraid of losing him. At this point, it's a joke to speculate if this guy would take a seat from one of the best top teams. Give me a break.

djos

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 07:31
djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
They would have already locked Ricciardo in if they were afraid of losing him. At this point, it's a joke to speculate if this guy would take a seat from one of the best top teams. Give me a break.
Other teams are not looking at him, because he’s publicly stated he’s not interested in racing for a non-RedBull team.

You can makes up other narratives all you like, but that is a fact.
"In downforce we trust"

Jurgen von Diaz

djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
djos wrote: You are making a lot of statements and claiming “reasons”, but I’m seeing a distinct lack of evidence for your opinions.
Other teams are not looking at him, because he’s publicly stated he’s not interested in racing for a non-RedBull team.

When did he say that? Ricciardo was not interested in driving for AlphaTauri at first either, because it would have been a downgrade in his career.

djos

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 08:09
djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

When did he say that? Ricciardo was not interested in driving for AlphaTauri at first either, because it would have been a downgrade in his career.
Recently, don’t forget, he’s still technically signed to RedBull racing and on loan to RB.

https://apple.news/AL0s1kXh-OO-a4jBPBhvSMQ
However, the Australian has repeated that he desires to partner the renewed Yuki Tsunoda at RB in 2025 and isn’t making contingencies in case that doesn’t transpire.

Asked whether he had other options, Ricciardo stated: “I would say no. I mean, I don’t know. Not to be stubborn or arrogant about it, but I’m not looking anywhere else.
“I’ve said it, I really do enjoy being back in the family.

“I weirdly do enjoy sometimes a little bit of pokes from Helmut, because I think it also can also be a way to get me a little bit fired up and try and get the best out of me.”
"In downforce we trust"

djos

I know this is from an Aussie news outlet, and rubbish, especially given Daniel’s statements he’s not looking outside of RedBull, but here is the “Daniel linked to Williams” story for entertainment purposes:

https://apple.news/A6lHH7UHiQjuaYX0vlUir3A

I think the writer needs to sober up…
"In downforce we trust"

Jurgen von Diaz

djos wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 08:09
djos wrote:

Recently, don’t forget, he’s still technically signed to RedBull racing and on loan to RB.

https://apple.news/AL0s1kXh-OO-a4jBPBhvSMQ
However, the Australian has repeated that he desires to partner the renewed Yuki Tsunoda at RB in 2025 and isn’t making contingencies in case that doesn’t transpire.

Asked whether he had other options, Ricciardo stated: “I would say no. I mean, I don’t know. Not to be stubborn or arrogant about it, but I’m not looking anywhere else.
“I’ve said it, I really do enjoy being back in the family.

“I weirdly do enjoy sometimes a little bit of pokes from Helmut, because I think it also can also be a way to get me a little bit fired up and try and get the best out of me.”
Saying that he has no options or doesn't know indicates that there aren't negotiations ongoing or have been. Red Bull has already given up on Sainz, so the one who would replace Perez is not going to be just anybody, especially someone who has only done a few good races since 2021.