2024 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 05 - 07

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CHT
CHT

Re: 2024 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 05 - 07

Must be a bitter sweet qualifying for LH.

Having Russel out qualify him at Silverstone finishing 1 - 2 while 1 Ferrari is out in Q2.

If Lewis hasnt make a decision to join Ferrari, I am not sure if he will do it now.

PlatinumZealot

Bill wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2024, 17:22
good results for merc Toto should stop obsessing about driver lineup and focus on car .the drivers he has are good enough they can deliver if the car is good.they are no super drivers or human
I'm now a bit concered that Ferrari is going backwards. People hailed Vasseur as the return of the saint, but really it's still down to how good the engineers are once given the resources. Ferrari worryingly is still porpoising. I hope the find something over the summer break.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Stu

With MV having the floor damage (and RedBull only having one updated floor - Perez running with older spec floor), any parts replaced have to be identical to those removed, what if they cannot (ie do not have identical replacements). Would that be a grid penalty?
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Lewis definitely has on the most downforce out of the top 5 cars, constantly setting the fastest S2 times every lap in the wet.

Will have to see whether that helps in terms of tyre management of if he'll end up out of the top 5 by lap 10 with too low a top speed without DRS.
Stu wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2024, 17:34
With MV having the floor damage (and RedBull only having one updated floor - Perez running with older spec floor), any parts replaced have to be identical to those removed, what if they cannot (ie do not have identical replacements). Would that be a grid penalty?
Presumably, considering the possibility of this very situation was reported as the reason Hamilton decided against the new front wing at Monaco, I.e there were no spares.

chrisc90

Horner confirmed Max has a spare floor.

dren

I'm expecting a Lewis v Lando battle for the win. I bet Russel gets beat off the start.
Honda!

dren

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2024, 17:30
good results for merc Toto should stop obsessing about driver lineup and focus on car .the drivers he has are good enough they can deliver if the car is good.they are no super drivers or human
I'm now a bit concered that Ferrari is going backwards. People hailed Vasseur as the return of the saint, but really it's still down to how good the engineers are once given the resources. Ferrari worryingly is still porpoising. I hope the find something over the summer break.
Yeah, frankly I'm surprised at their performance. I expected them to be where Mercedes is now. I didn't think Mercedes would claw back the performance as quickly as they have.
Honda!

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

dren wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2024, 17:38
I'm expecting a Lewis v Lando battle for the win. I bet Russel gets beat off the start.
I doubt Mercedes will have the race pace to compete with McLaren and Red Bull.

Bill
Bill

merc always had downforce so for them it was about unlocking that downforce without bouncing.so ferrari had an update but bouncing had returned so i guess for them too if they solve that performance will come.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

George's race pace is the slowest out of the top three as a driver, but Lando has the best car for race pace.

Going to be interesting to see what happens.

Will George burn his tyres out again fighting a battle he can't win if that situation arises?

Will Lewis let Lando through if the pace isn't there or will be be the ultimate "wing man"?

Will Max be P1 somehow be lap 3 and nothing g matters anyway?
Last edited by GrizzleBoy on 06 Jul 2024, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.

mkay
mkay

What could help Mercedes is that tomorrow will be just as cold and we're quite likely going to have a wet start followed by a drying track.

renault rs26
renault rs26

It's still Lando vs Max for the win, they have advantage in race pace. Unless it rains.

Sevach
Sevach

06 Jul 2024, 17:39
Yeah, frankly I'm surprised at their performance. I expected them to be where Mercedes is now. I didn't think Mercedes would claw back the performance as quickly as they have.
In Jeddah Mercedes had a shocker that their floor wasn't delivering the results the wind tunnel suggested and the car was bouncing on high speed corners.
Ferrari hit the same problem in Spain, let's see how long it takes for them to find their way out of it.

wickedz50
wickedz50

renault rs26 wrote: ↑
06 Jul 2024, 17:46
It's still Lando vs Max for the win, they have advantage in race pace. Unless it rains.
Agree but I hope Lewis gets the the win tomorrow.

matt_b
matt_b

They probably told Perez they only have one but I am willing to bet they have a second that is reserved Max and probably a third, forth, fifth and sixth, you get the idea :lol: