2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Unfortunately, Sainz lost at least 0.5s during his final Q3 lap. He was not the only one who failed to improve, but there are places where he improved compared to 1st Q3 lap so it's not a case of temperature going away and no more peak grip from tyres. There was a 26.2 lap in the car definitely, either P4 or P5 was on the table - matching Verstappen and Piastri.

Leclerc drove his best lap in Q2 today and improved everywhere compared to any other lap. Testing with Barcelona spec yesterday and the wet FP3 with Imola package today left him completely unaware of the limits of the car and it showed.

When it rains, it pours...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 21:07
Unfortunately, Sainz lost at least 0.5s during his final Q3 lap. He was not the only one who failed to improve, but there are places where he improved compared to 1st Q3 lap so it's not a case of temperature going away and no more peak grip from tyres. There was a 26.2 lap in the car definitely, either P4 or P5 was on the table - matching Verstappen and Piastri.

https://i.ibb.co/4TWfR8J/sai-gbr-q-24.jpg

Leclerc drove his best lap in Q2 today and improved everywhere compared to any other lap. Testing with Barcelona spec yesterday and the wet FP3 with Imola package today left him completely unaware of the limits of the car and it showed.

When it rains, it pours...
It's the same old story Vanja, when they start asking a bit more from the car mistakes happen which result in more time losses.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 21:29
It's the same old story Vanja, when they start asking a bit more from the car mistakes happen which result in more time losses.
Neither launch nor Imola spec behaved like this, excellent driveability is the core trait of both packages

#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:04
Xyz22 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 21:29
Neither launch nor Imola spec behaved like this, excellent driveability is the core trait of both packages
Not in qualifying, where we have seen almost no “perfect” q3 laps.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Vasseur blaming the drivers after qualy when both of them said they have 0 confidence or pace in the car strikes me as incredibly out of touch. Last season the team was open and honest about the issues with the car and what they were doing to fix it, now you get Vasseur saying they didn't go backwards, give me a break, we all see what is going on.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

SoulPancake13 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:11
Vasseur blaming the drivers after qualy when both of them said they have 0 confidence or pace in the car strikes me as incredibly out of touch. Last season the team was open and honest about the issues with the car and what they were doing to fix it, now you get Vasseur saying they didn't go backwards, give me a break, we all see what is going on.
Honestly I didn't expect that from Vassuer...
Can you share the full statement btw?

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:08
Not in qualifying, where we have seen almost no “perfect” q3 laps.
We already established long ago that peak performance was never on RB level and we know there is a tyre warm ip issue. Leclerc had issues with Q3 warm up in first 4 races, other than that it was easy to reach the limit of the car and keep it there. They both even managed to do it in Barcelona - most likely due to smooth track, avoiding too much experimentation with setup and only raising the car to solve bouncing

#BlessYouLaddie

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:15
SoulPancake13 wrote:
https://formu1a.uno/it/vasseur-il-bounc ... ietro-qui/
To hear the Ferrari Team Principal, the main cause of such a disappointing result is not to be sought in the pure performance of the car, but in the execution of the Qualifying. Charles Leclerc's mistake in Q2, coming out of Chapel, cost about 3 tenths according to Vasseur. “In Q2 there were 9 cars in 1 tenth, and we weren't perfect. If you don't put it all together, you pay 2-3 tenths that are expensive," the Frenchman explained. The Monegasque's mistake was therefore fatal for his elimination, while in Q3 Carlos Sainz paid for the last available lap. “There was a bit of chaos in the pitlane, he struggled with Alonso in the prep lap, he started well but then in turn 4 he missed the rope point and ended there.” Two mistakes of the drivers that were therefore fatal, but Vassuer put under judgment all the operation of the team, which was not perfect. “We need to be able to have a clean and perfect Qualification session.”

Emag
Emag

SoulPancake13 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:22
IntrinsicVoid wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
To hear the Ferrari Team Principal, the main cause of such a disappointing result is not to be sought in the pure performance of the car, but in the execution of the Qualifying. Charles Leclerc's mistake in Q2, coming out of Chapel, cost about 3 tenths according to Vasseur. “In Q2 there were 9 cars in 1 tenth, and we weren't perfect. If you don't put it all together, you pay 2-3 tenths that are expensive," the Frenchman explained. The Monegasque's mistake was therefore fatal for his elimination, while in Q3 Carlos Sainz paid for the last available lap. “There was a bit of chaos in the pitlane, he struggled with Alonso in the prep lap, he started well but then in turn 4 he missed the rope point and ended there.” Two mistakes of the drivers that were therefore fatal, but Vassuer put under judgment all the operation of the team, which was not perfect. “We need to be able to have a clean and perfect Qualification session.”
I mean, okay that's fair, but how about giving the drivers a car that can give them some margin for error like RedBull, Mercedes and McLaren had.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Emag wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:32
SoulPancake13 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:22
IntrinsicVoid wrote:

I mean, okay that's fair, but how about giving the drivers a car that can give them some margin for error like RedBull, Mercedes and McLaren had.
Max trashed his floor and ended up P4. This Ferrari is slow and Vasseur blaming the team for "poor execution" sounds like Binotto 2.0

Xyz22
Xyz22

How can Vasseur expect a perfect execution if they spent friday doing a testing session instead of optimizing performance?

Vanja #66

Taking a break for a while. I'm not sure when I will be replying to any private messages I might receive

Take care everyone, enjoy the show and stop dropping brown stuff all over the team

#BlessYouLaddie

jambuka
jambuka

The development war was lost when Cardille reiterated over and over last winter that suspension is not the main factor.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Sphere3758 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 20:01
It is looking quite likely to be very wet during the race tomorrow at this moment.
Anybody who thinks they know what the weather will be like at Silverstone tomorrow during race time has never lived in England during these sorts of times.

We can certainly say that there's a chance of rain, but that's about it. Beyond that, high/low/heavy/light/etc, there's honestly no telling at this point. It's just not hot it works. Today, I was watching it be sunshine in my front yard, while raining in the backyard. And then like ten minutes later, it was sunshine in the backyard, and dark clouds rolling in out front.
Last edited by Seanspeed on 06 Jul 2024, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 22:44
Taking a break for a while. I'm not sure when I will be replying to any private messages I might receive

Take care everyone, enjoy the show and stop dropping brown stuff all over the team
We'll stop dropping 'brown stuff' over the team when they get their act together and stop falling apart mid-season. It wont stop me being a Ferrari fan, but being a fan is not about being blindly optimistic. They deserve the criticism at the moment and defending them here when things are clearly going terribly does nothing except make you look deluded.

I think the one big caveat though, is that this season is incredibly bizarre. We almost never, ever see one team making the leap from like 3rd best to best in the course of half a season, let alone two teams making a similar competitive leap, especially against a previously dominant team. Like, if you told people at the start of the season that Mercedes would be top challengers within a few months, absolutely nobody would believe it for a second. Mclaren as well. The fact that they've both made that leap in the same season is just kind of unheard of.