2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stonehenge
stonehenge

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

What if...crazy thought, I know...Hamilton and Russell are just *both* supremely good drivers. There's so little between them. Why continue to argue and insult either one. Mercedes has arguably the best driver lineup by far but so far the car just hasn't been there for them. It's starting to look more and more like it's coming to them now. The second half of this season is going to be EPIC! Let's just enjoy this time in F1 while we can! What an amazing race yet again. Pity that Hungary is now 2 weeks away :lol:.

justin2102
justin2102

On the topic of Hamilton's win HOW IN GOD'S WORLD DID THE CAR MANAGE THAT PACE!!!!. I'm not just talking about the last stint, even before the rain hit Lewis and George were flying dare i say if the race was dry Max would probably finished 20sec behind whichever Merc won.

Luscion
Luscion

justin2102 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:23
On the topic of Hamilton's win HOW IN GOD'S WORLD DID THE CAR MANAGE THAT PACE!!!!. I'm not just talking about the last stint, even before the rain hit Lewis and George were flying dare i say if the race was dry Max would probably finished 20sec behind whichever Merc won.
I'm surprised how much pace the merc had today considering they havent brought upgrades this week, left the Mclarens and Max behind them in the dry

Watto
Watto

Fantastic drive by Lewis today, great tyre management by Lewis especially at the end on the softs. Under pressure knows how to bring them into their window. Smart call by Merc to being him in

Luscion
Luscion

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

It will lift him up certainly

Too bad he's leaving. Merc have the best line up on the grid

stonehenge
stonehenge

Luscion wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:24
justin2102 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:23
I'm surprised how much pace the merc had today considering they havent brought upgrades this week, left the Mclarens and Max behind them in the dry
Allison said they brought "small bits and pieces." Likely circuit-specific tweaks. But it's really encouraging to see that they're in a position now to make those kinds of tweaks to the car and see the expected result. It really looks like they've found their way finally.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Hamilton proves his mettle.
George will be disconsolate, unlucky to lose podium.

Luscion
Luscion

venkyhere wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:54
Hamilton proves his mettle.
George will be disconsolate, unlucky to lose podium.
George doesnt seem to care that much tbh, when he was getting interviewed he stayed to watch Lewis on the tv, ran to congratulate Lewis before he even got out of the car and congratulated him on twitter. Seems genuinely happy for Lewis today

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

They're both class acts =D>

Matt2725
Matt2725

stonehenge wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:16
What if...crazy thought, I know...Hamilton and Russell are just *both* supremely good drivers. There's so little between them. Why continue to argue and insult either one. Mercedes has arguably the best driver lineup by far but so far the car just hasn't been there for them. It's starting to look more and more like it's coming to them now. The second half of this season is going to be EPIC! Let's just enjoy this time in F1 while we can! What an amazing race yet again. Pity that Hungary is now 2 weeks away :lol:.
You are correct. My comments were about one set of fans can't stand to give the other any credit. Despite them praising Bottas for years.

It's just silly behaviour.

RacePaceDemon

Vintage Goatmilton today!! =D> =D>

Absolutely great come back from Mercedes, gutted for George!

I think I almost had a heart attack in those last 10 laps :mrgreen:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

Mosin123
Mosin123

Matt2725 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:18
stonehenge wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:16
You are correct. My comments were about one set of fans can't stand to give the other any credit. Despite them praising Bottas for years.

It's just silly behaviour.
People do give him credit, i dont know if you have read the forum past few months, but most pages are all about how LH is washed up, cant race, cant qualy balh blah blah LH regretting this, LH regretting that. This one set of fans, doesnt seem to be the LH fans........

venkyhere
venkyhere

RacePaceDemon wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:28

I think I almost had a heart attack in those last 10 laps :mrgreen:
Brit hero Austin powers manages to keep ahead of the charging Dutch villain "goldmember" :D

What a race
What a race.
The best Silverstone GP I have seen. Lead changed hands multiple times, who is the current fastest car changed multiple times. A proper chess game of strategy calls. There was everything we expect from an F1 race.

CMC
CMC

Lewis could rack a 9th win at another track in 2 weeks time. Legend.