2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

People keep repeating that red bull bought 150 so engineers from honda but that just wrong .which engineers because as far as i know Honda engineers are at sakura japan and many departments that make the honda company.they is also language barrier.honda had a base in the uk doing some testing and battery work the 150 were supposed to come from mercedes but in truth its about 20.redbull should hire from renault since they are shelving their program.

Wouter

Translated from the Dutch Telegraaf. Subscription needed.
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/17234285 ... -zandvoort

Red Bull and Max Verstappen continue searching, Friday important 'test day' with modified car in Zandvoort

Before the summer break it was already clear that behind the scenes at Red Bull they are working hard to make the RB20 a bit more 'predictable' again. "Everyone is busy with that. Hopefully we will get some answers this weekend", says Verstappen, who in addition to his media obligations on Thursday in Zandvoort was mainly busy with an event for sponsor Heineken and recordings for the international branch of ESPN with PSV'er Sergiño Dest.

When asked, Verstappen tries to explain where the problems he is talking about lie. It is known that he looks much further than just the World Cup standings. Because he is very triumphantly in the lead, his lead over Lando Norris is no less than 78 points.

"If a car doesn't feel right and you don't have the right balance, you can't attack the corners properly. And to get the most out of a lap, everything has to be right. I don't think we've had the fastest car for six or seven races now. But I actually did pull ahead in the standings during that period, which is positive. And I also know that everything behind me has to go perfectly to close that gap. On the other hand, I can also drop out and then the gap can become a lot smaller. It remains a mechanical sport."

It is interesting that Verstappen was even more satisfied with his current car at the start of the season than the RB19 in which he drove to 21 victories last year. So something must have gone wrong somewhere. At Red Bull, they are trying to get to the bottom of that, in consultation with Verstappen among others. In the past period – apart from the mandatory two-week closure of the factory during the summer break – certain parts have been remanufactured and some adjustments have been made here and there. Verstappen will try out as much as possible 'on' his car during the training sessions on Friday, if the possible rain and strong wind allow it, to see what works.

"I have always said that I always liked the car at the beginning of this year, the balance too, and that we have therefore continued to develop well," says the Limburger. "After that we took a certain turn and it all became a bit more difficult. I don't want to say that the car is slower, but it is more difficult to drive. On some circuits you prefer a slightly slower car, which is more predictable, to be able to go to the maximum. Yes, normally also here in Zandvoort."

Have mistakes been made? Have the upgrades of the past months been downgrades? Verstappen thinks that is too easy. "You could say that it became more difficult for us after the fourth race in China. But since then, a lot of positive, well-functioning parts have been added to the car. But that may have also revealed things that we didn't expect. When new parts are added to a car, you always get a slightly different balance. It is now up to us to analyse that and see if there is something that doesn't work somewhere in those upgrades."

Verstappen can't say too much in detail in public, of course, but it is clear that various modified things will be tried out on Friday to see if that can give him a push in the right direction. And not just him, but especially his struggling teammate Sergio Pérez.
Verstappen: "Checo was always in a good position at the start of the season. The car was easier to drive then. I also told the team that if the car is a bit easier to control, it will also help him. So then it's plus-plus."
The Power of Dreams!

Sergej
Sergej

I read that McLaren will have upgrades, let's hope Red Bull found something, otherwise there will be no chance against a succesfully upgraded McLaren.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 21:55
I read that McLaren will have upgrades, let's hope Red Bull found something, otherwise there will be no chance against a succesfully upgraded McLaren.
Mclaren won't be the only team to worry about. Mercedes also has a floor upgrade which they didn't use in Spa due to limited free practice time. If that update works, they could improve a lot compared to Spa.

TNTHead

Tomorrow quite a lot of wind is expected peaking just before FP1 and also some percipitation, that could make life for RedBull more difficult.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Sergej wrote:
Not sure if you noticed, but this year many "upgrades" have been otherwise, for several teams. So it is not certain at all that what mclaren brings will work.

Sergej
Sergej

Rikhart wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 23:29
Sergej wrote:
Not sure if you noticed, but this year many "upgrades" have been otherwise, for several teams. So it is not certain at all that what mclaren brings will work.
yes, that's why I wrote "a successfully upgraded McLaren", it is not a given; however, I wouldn't hope too much for a fail from them, they seems on a genuinely positive trajectory.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter

The weather is getting worse and worse. RBR wanted to test their changes on the car. :(
It rained last hour also.

ImageImage
The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 20:59
Verstappen: "Checo was always in a good position at the start of the season. The car was easier to drive then. I also told the team that if the car is a bit easier to control, it will also help him. So then it's plus-plus."
That's some confidence in Checo -- not! :lol:

Is Checo not a maestro who can master a difficult car? Would Ricciardo handle the difficult car better (yet Perez has been confirmed to complete the season)? :?:

Sergej wrote:
...otherwise there will be no chance against a succesfully upgraded McLaren.
It's OK if McLaren and Mercedes win all the time (Ferrari at Singapore perhaps). Red Bull have already won plenty after all. :)

search

On German Sky, Marko today said that their analysis came to the result that the coming tracks should suit Perez, and that burning a young driver wouldn't be a better solution anyway.

About Wheatley leaving he said that there was no way they could have matched Audi's offer, neither financially, nor in regards to the position he will get in the team. It's sad to see him leaving, but an understandable decision for a person at his age.

Sergej
Sergej

JordanMugen wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 13:52

Sergej wrote:
...otherwise there will be no chance against a succesfully upgraded McLaren.
It's OK if McLaren and Mercedes win all the time (Ferrari at Singapore perhaps). Red Bull have already won plenty after all. :)
as long as Max brings home the title, I'll take it :twisted:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

FP2. Tire deg doesn't look bad for Max.

Sergej
Sergej

quali is going to be suuuuuper important here, passing will be impossible

if tomorrow it rains, put some more downforce and hold on in the race

organic

Marko not hopeful after FP2 at Zandvoort
''It's difficult to say because the car is not really balanced as we would have liked it. On the single lap I think we are more competitive than on the long runs. But maybe it's just a one-stop and overtaking is very difficult here. I think it will be close, but I don't think there is a clear favourite at the moment,'

Verstappen pessimistic

“Of course, in FP1 I didn’t really get a lot of running in. I guess in FP2 you could see a little bit more where you are.[We’re] a bit too slow on the short run, a bit too slow on the long run, so a bit of work to do.

“At the moment, [there’s] no clear answer of how to improve that specifically, but we’ll look into things. Just a bit too slow, as simple as that.”

“It’s where we’ve been the last few races, so it’s not really a surprise,” he commented. “We’ll try to just find a little bit more performance for Sunday.”