[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2024 (Grand Prix Cars)

G-raph wrote:
05 Aug 2024, 16:16
LVDH wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 21:04
Also CFD images are out.

I do not understand why the slices are not in the same position for everyone. I have to investigate this.
But you might remember that we did some modifications to the CFD setup before the season as you were concered about tire wake structures. How do you see them now?
Thank you for the CFD pictures. To make it fair, here is my Z-slice from Race 03 :

https://i.postimg.cc/rwfrj1SN/MVRC-2024 ... -1-017.png

I think the tyre wake structures are more realistic with the new settings. The main issue I found is that the front wake is a bit more different than it used to be between the Fast and Standard/Long settings, which adds to the correlation challenge.
Thanks: actually in the official images there was an error in the positioning of the section

yinlad

Would it be possible to confirm if we're going to make any regulation changes for the final two rounds?
MVRC - Panthera

CAEdevice

yinlad wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 00:21
Would it be possible to confirm if we're going to make any regulation changes for the final two rounds?
I hope there will be no changes less than two weeks before the race...

The Rusted One

Hi all, I registered for the challenge a few days ago and have been lurking in here for a while. I'm wondering if it's too late to join for the race this week.
Rusted GP

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

Hey guys, in which folder should we submit the fully symmetrical model? every part of the car is in a separate folder, so I'm wondering where should the full assembly be and in which file type?

And also, I've setup the case and everything in MantiunFlow. Im using bluCFD and when I select "run the case" nothing is happening. build the case is successful as the window says it has read the file. Can someone help me out here?
Last edited by Dodgy_Malaka_69 on 29 Aug 2024, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

yinlad

Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 09:07
Hey guys, in which folder should we submit the fully symmetrical model? every part of the car is in a separate folder, so I'm wondering where should the full assembly be and in which file type?
You don't submit a full assembly as a single file, only the sub components in their correct folders as described by section '2. Submission Requirements' of the regulations
MVRC - Panthera

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

yinlad wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 09:13
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
You don't submit a full assembly as a single file, only the sub components in their correct folders as described by section '2. Submission Requirements' of the regulations
Ah! i got confused with 2.3 as full car model rather than symmetry of the parts.
Thanks.

BTW do you know what to do when "run the case" isnt working? After completing the "build the case" , when i click on run the case, nothing seems to be happening. RAM or CPU usage is same after clicking it, idk what to do now.

yinlad

Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 09:45
yinlad wrote:
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
Ah! i got confused with 2.3 as full car model rather than symmetry of the parts.
Thanks.

BTW do you know what to do when "run the case" isnt working? After completing the "build the case" , when i click on run the case, nothing seems to be happening. RAM or CPU usage is same after clicking it, idk what to do now.
You should be able to find the command line that runs behind mflow to get an indication of if something is happening or if it has thrown any errors
MVRC - Panthera

variante

The Rusted One wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 05:40
Hi all, I registered for the challenge a few days ago and have been lurking in here for a while. I'm wondering if it's too late to join for the race this week.
Welcome! Yeah, you can join. The deadline is Sunday evening. Just make sure that the organizer (LVDH) notices your entry, so you'll get the link to submit the car.

Hopefully you have a car ready, because there's little remaining time to do anything...

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

yinlad wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 13:13
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
yinlad wrote:

Thanks.

You should be able to find the command line that runs behind mflow to get an indication of if something is happening or if it has thrown any errors
This is what i get after selecting run case
"MFlow.py:895: DeprecationWarning: QProcess.startDetached(const QString & command) is deprecated"

what does this mean?

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 15:51
yinlad wrote:
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:

Thanks.

This is what i get after selecting run case for the "Car Coarse" template
"MFlow.py:895: DeprecationWarning: QProcess.startDetached(const QString & command) is deprecated"
what does this mean?

When I select the MVRC, MVRC long, MVRC short nothing seems to be happening. There is nothing happening in the terminal. Final thing is mentioning the ride hide and says "... and done"

yinlad

Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 09:03
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
yinlad wrote:

what does this mean?

When I select the MVRC, MVRC long, MVRC short nothing seems to be happening. There is nothing happening in the terminal. Final thing is mentioning the ride hide and says "... and done"
Ignore Car Coarse, use MVRC short and the process of 'apply settings' -> 'build case' -> 'run case'
MVRC - Panthera

Dodgy_Malaka_69
Dodgy_Malaka_69

yinlad wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 12:08
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 09:03
Dodgy_Malaka_69 wrote:

what does this mean?

Ignore Car Coarse, use MVRC short and the process of 'apply settings' -> 'build case' -> 'run case'
its the same problem with other templates as well

The Rusted One

variante wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 15:37
The Rusted One wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 05:40
Welcome! Yeah, you can join. The deadline is Sunday evening. Just make sure that the organizer (LVDH) notices your entry, so you'll get the link to submit the car.

Hopefully you have a car ready, because there's little remaining time to do anything...
how do I contact the organizer, I already sent a message on the MVRC site...
Rusted GP

LVDH

In general, it is a very good idea to load the car in MFlow, even if you cannot run the simulations, as you can see if all parts are placed correctly and you might even get some useful warnings.

Now you issue sounds pretty technical and it is best to ask you specific questions in the Q&A for MFlow, which you can find here:
https://mantiumflow.com/mantiumflow-cfd ... e-support/

And as we have some new registered teams:
You should have received an email with the submission details this morning.
If not, please get in touch!