2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mosin123
Mosin123

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

CMSMJ1 wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 15:12
Mosin123 wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 13:17
Removed it.

Stop the bickering.
As directed by moderation last page - you made your points...move on.
Was Hollus not talking about Quantum and Luscion?? with the driver v driver discusion and lewis sabatage bickering??

I highly doubt he was talking about discusing car development, thats hardly a trivial matter, its the bread and butter of f1, a development race..... Surely you are being unfair..........

hollus

I left it ambiguous on purpose…

@Mosin, your last post, now deleted, was a rehash of your post two pages back. Same points, same words (mostly) and same user targeted in the yes! no! match.
Just reordering the words of a post doesn’t make less spammy, nor the yin-yang less sticky. So, yes, you were included too.
Rivals, not enemies.

Henri
Henri

https://x.com/F1GuyDan/status/1832010867313156467? Incredible performance from Lewis.. wish the w15 was fast in the first half of the season 😃🤨🙄

PlatinumZealot

It's a consistent performance no doubt. Maybe a few more wins coming his way?

Baku?
Singapore?
Texas?
Qatar?
Brazil?

Should be great tracks for W15.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 01:19

Baku?
Singapore?
Texas?
Qatar?
Brazil?

First they have to figure out what's going on with the update. They clearly have had increased difficulty with the latest update. Before the summer break, every circuit was great for the W15. They won 3 out of 4. Now after, every circuit has been bad. Shovlin said there is a balance problem.
A lion must kill its prey.

Henri
Henri

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Baku?
Singapore?
Texas?
Qatar?
Brazil?

Texas and brazil are my hopes.. merc need the old floor for those tracks

Henri
Henri

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 01:24
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Baku?
Singapore?
Texas?
Qatar?
Brazil?

First they have to figure out what's going on with the update. They clearly have had increased difficulty with the latest update. Before the summer break, every circuit was great for the W15. They won 3 out of 4. Now after, every circuit has been bad. Shovlin said there is a balance problem.
The old floor was better.. the new onr they've losr performance

Vanja #66

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Baku?
Singapore?
Texas?
Qatar?
Brazil?

Didn't they say they will fight for wins in last two races? They finished with the same gap to winner as last year in Monza
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

PlatinumZealot

I believe in the new floor. I think people are overreacting to one-off track that is Monza. We all know what happen in Zandvoort. George did the set-up work.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Vanja #66

Their floor might work better in the race if they stiffen up the front wing and reduce flap flutter. They went too far with Spa structural upgrade (weight saving) and now their flaps are, well - flapping - like mad

Just compare Austria footage with Zandvoort. It was the same in Monza, despite much smaller flaps

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 19:38
Here's a couple from Russel from Austria.

And one from the Dutch GP.

#BlessYouLaddie

Cocles

Vanja #66 wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 10:20
Matt2725 wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 09:29
There must be some level of understanding and progress being made, as by now you'd look to start marking further personnel/organisational changes if the current crop still weren't somewhat on top of things.
There's progress and there have been changes at the top, Elliot-Allison swap and a head of aero swap. Lots of people from other teams were brought in too. Still, this inconsistency and unpredictability persists and it's surprising. Having outdated simulator and WT would explain a lot (like in Red Bull's case) but I didn't catch any info like that
Who are the "Lots of other people from other teams" that have been brought in? Not a loaded question; I ask out of ignorance. We already know about Simone Resta and Enrico Sampo from Ferrari. Who are the others?

Vanja #66

Cocles wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 07:41
Who are the "Lots of other people from other teams" that have been brought in? Not a loaded question; I ask out of ignorance. We already know about Simone Resta and Enrico Sampo from Ferrari. Who are the others?
I honestly can't tell you exactly from the top of my head, there's plenty of people going around now that budget cap has imposed certain restrictions and different people are looking for different benefits. There's a thread where people keep track of almost all the (major) moves between teams, sou you can see which people went where

viewtopic.php?t=16879&start=315

There was a bit of a girly spat between Horner and Wolff about which team got more people from the other team a few months ago. I also kbow there were at least 5 moves from Ferrari to Mercedes this year, but not all of them had as much media attention as Resta and Sampo

#BlessYouLaddie

PlatinumZealot

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 08:27
Their floor might work better in the race if they stiffen up the front wing and reduce flap flutter. They went too far with Spa structural upgrade (weight saving) and now their flaps are, well - flapping - like mad

Just compare Austria footage with Zandvoort. It was the same in Monza, despite much smaller flaps

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 19:38
Here's a couple from Russel from Austria.

And one from the Dutch GP.

Can't compare the two scenarios. In this vibration problem the input forces from the road would be different. Different applitudes and frequencies. So the wing flaps will aslo vibrate differently.

I'm not an aerodynamicist so I cannot say if the ripples in the front wimg wake does less damage to the performance of the floor at higher or lower frequncies? But that would be a good basis to start the conversation on wing flutter.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Vanja #66

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 19:03
Can't compare the two scenarios. In this vibration problem the input forces from the road would be different. Different applitudes and frequencies. So the wing flaps will aslo vibrate differently.

I'm not an aerodynamicist so I cannot say if the ripples in the front wimg wake does less damage to the performance of the floor at higher or lower frequncies? But that would be a good basis to start the conversation on wing flutter.
It's very comparable, as no other wing displays such properties anywhere and Merc wing has shown to be extremely flexible at Spa and now we have very similar flutter footage at Zandvoort at Monza - different tracks, surfaces, and wing levels.

Higher frequency would mean greater amount of turbulence "released" in a unit of time. Additionally, a more flexible wing would dampen those vibrations slower based on everything we know, while a stiffer wing would generate lower frequency when disturbed and dissipate osciallations much quicker.

#BlessYouLaddie

Henri
Henri

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 20:05
PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 19:03

It's very comparable, as no other wing displays such properties anywhere and Merc wing has shown to be extremely flexible at Spa and now we have very similar flutter footage at Zandvoort at Monza - different tracks, surfaces, and wing levels.

Higher frequency would mean greater amount of turbulence "released" in a unit of time. Additionally, a more flexible wing would dampen those vibrations slower based on everything we know, while a stiffer wing would generate lower frequency when disturbed and dissipate osciallations much quicker.
Every wing flexes even Ferrari's..