2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScuderiaLeo

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Pretty ridiculous to blame this fully on Leclerc. He made mistakes, but he's hardly the only reason they struggled. This was just a poor showing from Ferrari in general, and there's lots to take away for Singapore, both for mechanics/team and drivers.

Saying he could've "easily won" or "easily defended" is just false. "Easy" in 2024 F1 season, lol. You can be disappointed in Leclerc, but acting like he could've just covered the inside and cruised to victory is not realistic. The win was lost by Leclerc's mistake but the struggles after were not on him IMO.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 15 Sep 2024, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.

Harvester
Harvester

SoulPancake13 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:36
yooogurt wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:34
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:27
"Free win"

When will people learn there are no free wins this season?
it was a free win, the car was the fastest, just had to close the line once / twice while he warmed up the tyres at the beginning of the second stint, and I'm sure he would have brought 10 seconds at least to Oscar.
You have 0 way of knowing that. Charles said the setup made it super difficult to manage in the race and the hards felt really bad.
Charles also said that he made a mistake not defending well vs oscar and that it was probably the moment the win was lost
Last edited by Harvester on 15 Sep 2024, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

.Bole
.Bole

Well its a bit of his fault not having race pace sims, fp mistake

Xyz22
Xyz22

.Bole wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:58
Well its a bit of his fault not having race pace sims, fp mistake
I think only Mercedes tried the hard tyres

Sainz outlap was massively slower than Piastri as well, despite having Max just behind: 2.05.353 (and we know Sainz is better at bringing temp into the tyres with this car).

This colossal limitation cost us dearly today.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:56
and there's lots to take away for Singapore, both for mechanics/team and drivers.
yea lot of learn and move to next page, next weekend is another race, is it sad to lose a win yes, end of the world no.

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc post-race interview:

It's always easy to have regrets after the race, but I think we lost the race due to two errors in judgment rather than pure mistakes.

The first was with the hard tires when leaving the pit lane. We had a 6-second lead over Piastri; he stopped one lap earlier. We thought he would struggle a lot with heating up his hard tires, which didn’t happen at all. When I left the pits, he gained about 4.5 or 5 seconds, which was much more than we expected before the race. We have to review where we lost all that time because this error in judgment put us under pressure during laps where I really didn’t want it. On a street circuit, we struggled the whole weekend with heating up the tires; we knew it was going to be a weakness today, and we ended up exactly in that situation. It didn’t make the rest of the race easy.

The second error in judgment was on my part. When I saw Oscar attacking at the end of the straight, I wasn't super aggressive because the race was long. I wanted to stay in his DRS, save the tires, and overtake later. The problem was that they had an aero setup that made them incredibly fast on the straights. They were slower in the corners, but it was enough for them to keep the lead into Turn 1. So maybe this was on me; I should have made Oscar's life harder when he attacked in Turn 1. But it's always easy to say that after the fact.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 15 Sep 2024, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:50
I don't blame Leclerc. How can you compete with this?
WTF, that's a huge advantage and probably not within the rules. The only question is: why does the blogger notice it and not the team?
FORZA FERRARI!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

CaribouBread wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 15:53
AR3-GP wrote:

I'm sure the teams noticed this behavior well before we've noticed it. So, you compete with this by making something similar.
Stop making excuses for them. This is a joke and you know it.

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 16:06
Leclerc post-race interview:

It's always easy to have regrets after the race, but I think we lost the race due to two errors in judgment rather than pure mistakes.

The first was with the hard tires when leaving the pit lane. We had a 6-second lead over Piastri; he stopped one lap earlier. We thought he would struggle a lot with heating up his hard tires, which didn’t happen at all. When I left the pits, he gained about 4.5 or 5 seconds, which was much more than we expected before the race. We have to review where we lost all that time because this error in judgment put us under pressure during laps where I really didn’t want it. On a street circuit, we struggled the whole weekend with heating up the tires; we knew it was going to be a weakness today, and we ended up exactly in that situation. It didn’t make the rest of the race easy.

The second error in judgment was on my part. When I saw Oscar attacking at the end of the straight, I wasn't super aggressive because the race was long. I wanted to stay in his DRS, save the tires, and overtake later. The problem was that they had an aero setup that made them incredibly fast on the straights. They were slower in the corners, but it was enough for them to keep the lead into Turn 1. So maybe this was on me; I should have made Oscar's life harder when he attacked in Turn 1. But it's always easy to say that after the fact.
I agree completely.
Leclerc shouldn't have been in that position in the first place but he could have defended better absolutely. He just didn't think Piastri had that grip to brake so late.

ScuderiaLeo

AR3-GP wrote:

(Video)
Illegal or not, it seems unsafe that the flap is rotating by itself because then it could potentially open at random?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something about the construction here.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 16:09
AR3-GP wrote:

(Video)
Illegal or not, it seems unsafe that the flap is rotating by itself because then it could potentially open at random?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something about the construction here.
Flap is not rotating. The end of the wing plate is slightly flexing.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 16:07

Stop making excuses for them. This is a joke and you know it.
Well yeah its a joke that they're allowed to do this but if its allowed then we should also be doing it. Same with the front wing stuff, FIA has decided they're not going to do anything about it, so we've got to copy.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Chandock saying is Sainz's fault as i expected.

This won't end well.

dialtone
dialtone

Xyz22 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 16:14
Chandock saying is Sainz's fault as i expected.

This won't end well.
there is nothing to end. did fia say they would investigate this after the race?

Waz
Waz

Pity about the end result with Sainz, but good race overall. The McLaren is a clearly better car, and Piastri is in great form.

Shame though, coz Charles is just so good at Baku, it would have been nice to finally get the win.