2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
yooogurt

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Emag wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 17:13
On the left you don't have a comparison between Norris and Oscar, it just shows what was happening at low speed vs high speed.

And as I mentioned, the speed difference of their fastest laps (what's shown in the right) is because Oscar had DRS on his fastest lap :
What does drs have to do with Oscar having it locked up in this comparison?
FORZA FERRARI!

venkyhere
venkyhere

Xyz22 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 16:14
Chandock saying is Sainz's fault as i expected.

This won't end well.

dialtone wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 16:27
I missed it.

Well, if they penalize anyone to me looks like a clear PER penalty, I've yet to talk with anyone that thinks SAI is predominantly to blame, at most I've heard is a 60/40 fault to PER.

https://x.com/redbulletin/status/183529 ... Yy3PA&s=08

the onboard above shows no steering input from Perez to cause the crash.
It's Sainz who comes drifting in.
It's upto the FIA to apparition the blame to whoever they like, or leave it as a racing incident.

But in my mind, it's 100% Sainz's fault. A no brainer judgement, for me.

Emag
Emag

yooogurt wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:09
Emag wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 17:13
On the left you don't have a comparison between Norris and Oscar, it just shows what was happening at low speed vs high speed.

And as I mentioned, the speed difference of their fastest laps (what's shown in the right) is because Oscar had DRS on his fastest lap :
What does drs have to do with Oscar having it locked up in this comparison?
Nothing. I assumed your reply implied that Lando was running with a different rear wing to Oscar and that is not the case. The speed difference in the fastest laps each of them set in the race is not proof of the opposite because one of them had DRS that lap.

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:07

Leclerc was actually very close but the McLaren had insane speed in the straights and now we know why.
Some laps leclerc was around 0.5s behind when opening the DRS which is usually enough and means you are quite quicker.
I think there are 2 aspects to this

1- Leclerc was not confident on the hards which meant he was driving more cautiously. He said in multiple interviews there were times he was afraid of crashing. Logically we can understand this as he wouldn't divebomb since he was already on the edge.
2- McLaren wing issue may have given Piastri an advantage over Leclerc every lap when Leclerc was chasing him, which might've been enough to make the overtake impossible unless Leclerc was going for a very aggressive overtake (and we know he wasn't)

We can't be sure how much the so-called mini DRS impacted Piastri's pace, but I think with the info on hand we can put this one on both sides. It probably did have an effect and it probably did make overtaking more difficult but to say Leclerc would've passed him otherwise is just a big unknown.

dialtone
dialtone

venkyhere wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:13
the onboard above shows no steering input from Perez to cause the crash.
I think you mentioned this in the other thread as if this is somehow revelatory. It's totally irrelevant at best, and probably the opposite of your point. SAI has no steering input either, he's following the racing line which PER isn't.

Racing line goes to the left of the track there, you can see LEC cuts diagonally as well because the following corner is to the right.

SAI has absolutely no obligation whatsoever to care at all about the fact that PER is there, SAI's only obligation is to leave enough space for PER once they get close to the wall, which they aren't yet, as PER is along so SAI is not allowed to crash him against the wall.

PER cannot choose that he's going to own the racing line from behind and decide that he'll crash into SAI if he doesn't give up his rightful place ahead.

There is no universe in which the car behind is given the right to own the track, it would create massive confusion from drivers each time there is an attempt to pass, while also giving the car behind the right to tap the car in front.

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:23
Xyz22 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:07

Leclerc was actually very close but the McLaren had insane speed in the straights and now we know why.
Some laps leclerc was around 0.5s behind when opening the DRS which is usually enough and means you are quite quicker.
I think there are 2 aspects to this

1- Leclerc was not confident on the hards which meant he was driving more cautiously. He said in multiple interviews there were times he was afraid of crashing. Logically we can understand this as he wouldn't divebomb since he was already on the edge.
2- McLaren wing issue may have given Piastri an advantage over Leclerc every lap when Leclerc was chasing him, which might've been enough to make the overtake impossible unless Leclerc was going for a very aggressive overtake (and we know he wasn't)

We can't be sure how much the so-called mini DRS impacted Piastri's pace, but I think with the info on hand we can put this one on both sides. It probably did have an effect and it probably did make overtaking more difficult but to say Leclerc would've passed him otherwise is just a big unknown.
2-3 kp/h is all you need in this case.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Xyz22 wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:29

and this how small the margin are now, its crazy how f1 went from a boring 1 guy dominating to this level of competitiveness..

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:36
Xyz22 wrote:

and this how small the margin are now, its crazy how f1 went from a boring 1 guy dominating to this level of competitiveness..
Despite some people pushing an insane narrative in which the RB19 was "just" a strong car it was absolutely clear that it was insanely dominant, outside some outlier races.

Emag
Emag

Fakepivot wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:36
Xyz22 wrote:

And we will probably go back to the same boring domination after 2026.

I hope we get another close season in 2025 before that arrives.

ScuderiaLeo

Emag wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:37

I don't agree. I hope 2025 is complete Ferrari domination 20+ ahead of the pack :lol:

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Emag wrote:

as a tifosi with mental health issues no thanks, I just want to relax and see Ferrari dominate :D but on a real note i really enjoy this mclaren v ferrari tho, its back to good old days.

Emag
Emag

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:38
Emag wrote:

I don't agree. I hope 2025 is complete Ferrari domination 20+ ahead of the pack :lol:
I personally don't enjoy domination no matter which team is doing it. It was boring when Ferrari was doing it with Schumacher (although I admit, it's only boring in retrospective as I rewatched seasons a while back because I was too young to witness it myself :lol:)

It was boring when RedBull did it early 2010s, but back then we did have some interesting seasons inbetween with 2010 and 2012.

It was super boring when Mercedes did it in the hybrid era, just because it lasted for so god damn long. I mean honestly, 6 years of total domination, I am surprised people were even going to see races, especially 2014-2016.

And again, it was very boring when RedBull took over mid 2022 and never looked back until Miami 2024.

Could have amazing battles with all the teams, but if it's not for P1 it doesn't hold the same value.

I went to my first F1 race in Monza last year and I loved it. But having that crazy Ferrari battle be for the last place of the podium doesn't give you the same excitement (wish I had gone this year instead :P)

f1316
f1316

Very disappointed - Leclerc’s own analysis was correct. I don’t know why they allowed themselves to be put under so much pressure with such a big lead and don’t know why he didn’t defend harder. A real shame as the win was there. Sigh,

Anyway, we regroup and go again next time. Forza Ferrari.

venkyhere
venkyhere

dialtone wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 18:25

I think you mentioned this in the other thread as if this is somehow revelatory. It's totally irrelevant at best, and probably the opposite of your point. SAI has no steering input either, he's following the racing line which PER isn't.

Racing line goes to the left of the track there, you can see LEC cuts diagonally as well because the following corner is to the right.
Oh really, that's the racing line Sainz was following ? Turn 3 is to the right is it ?
Thanks.
I dont find value in discussing anymore.

Mansell89
Mansell89

As a McLaren fan- Enjoyed the battle with you today, Scuderia.

Two historic teams toe to toe, just what we love to see.

Ferraris performance this weekend was eye catching - they appear to be right back on the pace.

What a mega 7 races coming up!