2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

I thought it was more to confuse Newey by showing off that their car is green too :D :D

DRS
DRS

Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:24
AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:12
Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:09
He couldnt get the car set up how he wanted it, He spent 99.9 % of the race moaning about the cars imperfections. Perez mean while was rather comfy and enjoying him self ( till his crash with Sainz), and didnt complain at all. So yeah, it is a fair comparison.

Just because Max's troubles have not lasted nearly 3 seasons like LH's, and is the undisputed numero uno doesnt change the fact when he cant get the car to his liking he doesnt have the pace of Sergio Perez.. Atleast around Azerbajian.
In 3 seasons, it's more than probable that Verstappen drove a car that wasn't to his liking, and still beat Sergio Perez. He did that in Monza, a week before...and I'm sure many times before. Do you really think he has driven a perfect car since 2021? :lol:

The fact that you are comparing 3 seasons of troubles to 1 race, I don't even know how to explain how incorrect this is.

This shouldn't become a driver vs driver discussion anyway. You shouldn't have brought another driver into it like you did.
Comparison, only. the fact LH / GR have had these troubles for 3 season just goes to highlight the lack of understanding Merc have in these regs.

All drivers need to feel comfy in a car to push it. you cant push a car your not confident in. Ask the drivers, All of them. no driver v driver, just highlighting that one fact.
Russell rarely has a weekend where he's lost in qualifying, this tells me that it's a Lewis problem, not a car problem.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Lasssept wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 08:31
- Mercedes has a one-off livery this weekend in Singapore, marking the 50th anniversary of Petronas

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXutiqvWQAA ... =4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GXutiquXwAA ... =4096x4096
This is nice.

Luscion
Luscion

Seems like Merc might be bringing more than just a floor to Austin, unless they consider that alone "a big package"

Last edited by Luscion on 18 Sep 2024, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

Nice, so this is what the Merc would look like if Petronas was their title sponsor... wait what?

j_ste
j_ste

DRS wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 12:35
Mosin123 wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:24
AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 23:12

In 3 seasons, it's more than probable that Verstappen drove a car that wasn't to his liking, and still beat Sergio Perez. He did that in Monza, a week before...and I'm sure many times before. Do you really think he has driven a perfect car since 2021? :lol:

The fact that you are comparing 3 seasons of troubles to 1 race, I don't even know how to explain how incorrect this is.

This shouldn't become a driver vs driver discussion anyway. You shouldn't have brought another driver into it like you did.
Comparison, only. the fact LH / GR have had these troubles for 3 season just goes to highlight the lack of understanding Merc have in these regs.

All drivers need to feel comfy in a car to push it. you cant push a car your not confident in. Ask the drivers, All of them. no driver v driver, just highlighting that one fact.
Russell rarely has a weekend where he's lost in qualifying, this tells me that it's a Lewis problem, not a car problem.
Of course it’s a car problem…look where they finish. Look at the points they have.

There is a three team constructor battle for first time in over a decade and the one “top” team that isn’t part of it, is this one.
They claimed to have a lightbulb moment and that hubris has led to them where they are now.

Forget about Lewis…we have seen what George can do when the car is driveable. This is not it. It’s probably been in a decent spot for about 4 races this season.

DGP123
DGP123

DRS wrote:
Seen this with many Russell fans, the way they’ve fallen and happily accepted mediocrity, as long as Russell is outperforming Hamilton.

The team have ballsed this entire era up. The cars have been dire. We’ve only had odd moments of joy, through sheer genius from the drivers, or pure luck from title rivals crashing out. Absolutely nowhere in the WCC this year, a total irrelevance, but according to this, the car is not the problem. Wow.

DRS
DRS

DGP123 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 18:06
DRS wrote:
Seen this with many Russell fans, the way they’ve fallen and happily accepted mediocrity, as long as Russell is outperforming Hamilton.

The team have ballsed this entire era up. The cars have been dire. We’ve only had odd moments of joy, through sheer genius from the drivers, or pure luck from title rivals crashing out. Absolutely nowhere in the WCC this year, a total irrelevance, but according to this, the car is not the problem. Wow.
I'm specifically talking about qualifying here, Lewis has been terrible this season.

bosyber
bosyber

But in almost any one-to-one in the races, Hamilton has beaten Russell, so I am not entirely impressed with Russell's racing either. Still, clearly while the car isn't there, Hamilton hasn't been able to be consistent in qualifying for quite a while, and that does point to him being the important factor there.

SKYnRacing24

Lewis would agree but the first indications of his struggles are from the backend of last year. Theres denial from both sides here . The signs have been there since the first race. For me Monaco was the first admission that he would struggle in qualy compared to Russell (2 tenths) and that has rung true, even in the side by side laps Lewis doesn't drive this car on the limit with confidence. Its actually stark compared to Russell, hes maximising every corner entry and exit. Using every piece of the track. The car's body language is just different. Ive been going in on Lewis at times but i need to realise he's not that type of driver anymore in qualy trim. Its a steady decline that all drivers have gone through when your in the backend of your career.

The combination of factors is one the W15 isn't that good as DGP123 said, Fickle tyres, Hamilton's age, Russell generally a beast in qualy and possibly certain setups maximised for track position or race pace( less plausible imo )
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 21:39
Lewis would agree but the first indications of his struggles are from the backend of last year. Theres denial from both sides here . The signs have been there since the first race. For me Monaco was the first admission that he would struggle in qualy compared to Russell (2 tenths) and that has rung true, even in the side by side laps Lewis doesn't drive this car on the limit with confidence. Its actually stark compared to Russell, hes maximising every corner entry and exit. Using every piece of the track. The car's body language is just different. Ive been going in on Lewis at times but i need to realise he's not that type of driver anymore in qualy trim. Its a steady decline that all drivers have gone through when your in the backend of your career.

The combination of factors is one the W15 isn't that good as DGP123 said, Fickle tyres, Hamilton's age, Russell generally a beast in qualy and possibly certain setups maximised for track position or race pace( less plausible imo )
Everyone who is a hamilton fan is in denial here. It's only natural that with age you lose your edge in high intensity moment. Look at football players like Ronaldo and Messi. They've lost their raw pace in short sprints but maintain their match IQ...same with Hamilton. Fans don't want to admit this.

DRS
DRS

Jdn1327 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 21:52
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Everyone who is a hamilton fan is in denial here. It's only natural that with age you lose your edge in high intensity moment. Look at football players like Ronaldo and Messi. They've lost their raw pace in short sprints but maintain their match IQ...same with Hamilton. Fans don't want to admit this.
Agree, and it's only because of the fact that these current tyres are rubbish that Hamilton holds on to that slight edge in race pace. If we had tyres that you could really lean on in the race I feel Russell would have a pace advantage there.

SKYnRacing24

DRS wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 23:17
Jdn1327 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 21:52
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Agree, and it's only because of the fact that these current tyres are rubbish that Hamilton holds on to that slight edge in race pace. If we had tyres that you could really lean on in the race I feel Russell would have a pace advantage there.
Lean on lol Hamilton would be even faster imo. Race pace is a skill so i don't know what your banging on about.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

PlatinumZealot

SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Huh? It was well before that. There were broad calls for Lewis to retire after the 2020 season, so others have seen it earlier.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Matt2725
Matt2725

It was clear Lewis lost his edge in 2022 IMO.

I'd still trust him to win a race from a decent starting position in the right car of course. Although his recent results have been flattered by his teammates wretched luck from Silverstone onwards. Granted Russell got very lucky (although you have to be there to pick up the pieces) at Baku.