2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Code red in Italy

The heavy rainfall that hit central and eastern Europe has now also reached Italy. Warnings have been issued for heavy rainfall,
strong winds and flooding for a large part of the country.
Meteorologists are warning of heavy rainfall in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna and on the east coast of the country bordering the Adriatic Sea.

Between 200 and 300 millimeters of rain are expected to fall by Friday. Flooding has already been reported in some places in the country.
OMG, not again!!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Also Ralf Schumacher now comes as the third person with the news that Liam will drive the VCARB01 after Singapore.
According to him it is an open secret in the F1 corridors and not a rumour. Unfortunately, it will be the last race for Ricciardo in Singapore. If Liam would not get a seat for the rest of the season, he would leave RB after September 15.
Too bad for Daniel because he always walks around smiling and is super nice, according to Ralf in this video.

He has already been spotted in Singapore and Ricciardo too. I assume that Marko will announce Liam at VCARB for '25
and only AFTER Singapore will tell that Liam will already drive for VCARB in Austin, given his words at Viaplay,
which can be heard in the video somewhere above.

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 16:18
Also Ralf Schumacher now comes as the third person with the news that Liam will drive the VCARB01 after Singapore.
According to him it is an open secret in the F1 corridors and not a rumour. Unfortunately, it will be the last race for Ricciardo in Singapore. If Liam would not get a seat for the rest of the season, he would leave RB after September 15.
Too bad for Daniel because he always walks around smiling and is super nice, according to Ralf in this video.

He has already been spotted in Singapore and Ricciardo too. I assume that Marko will announce Liam at VCARB for '25
and only AFTER Singapore will tell that Liam will already drive for VCARB in Austin, given his words at Viaplay,
which can be heard in the video somewhere above.

It seems more likely that they will announce Liam for 2025.

However, It’s also possible that RBR will dump Perez after his clumsy and expensive crash with Sainz and move Daniel back to RBR as a safe pair of hands.

Perez has cost RBR both the WCC and a lot of money.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 23:38
It seems more likely that they will announce Liam for 2025.

Several insiders (every day more) say that Liam will race from Austin GP and this will be announced
after the Singapore GP.

However, It’s also possible that RBR will dump Perez after his clumsy and expensive crash with Sainz
and move Daniel back to RBR as a safe pair of hands.

They won't dump Checo because the Mexican GP will be soon. I assume Daniel will become the reserve driver.
The Power of Dreams!

search

it's of course possible to happen, but Ralf Schumacher is more likely to just report what he has read in the press. I have him on commentary every race weekend since joining German Sky in 2019, and so far hasn't shown any signs of inside knowledge yet.

djos

search wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 10:59
it's of course possible to happen, but Ralf Schumacher is more likely to just report what he has read in the press. I have him on commentary every race weekend since joining German Sky in 2019, and so far hasn't shown any signs of inside knowledge yet.
I agree, nothing he's said recently has been anything other than a rehash of other stories.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

search wrote:
By inside knowledge he meant what he heard from people in the paddock while drinking a cup of coffee together.
He did not get this from the press.
This time he started by saying that it was not a rumour, it just has not been officially announced yet.
Rick Winkelman, who was the first to come up with it on Sunday, and Adam Cooper also didn't get it from the press.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

"In downforce we trust"

Madhouse

Wouter

djos wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 11:44
Thanks. If they announce the drivers lineup for 2025 than the negotiations must bo done already so I don't believe what Ric says about that.

"He says as far as he knows he is completing this season - but he also conceded that anything might happen..."

How can he know he is completing this season when there were no negotiations? And anything might happen ........?
The Power of Dreams!

search

Wouter wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 11:17
search wrote:
By inside knowledge he meant what he heard from people in the paddock while drinking a cup of coffee together.
He did not get this from the press.
This time he started by saying that it was not a rumour, it just has not been officially announced yet.
Rick Winkelman, who was the first to come up with it on Sunday, and Adam Cooper also didn't get it from the press.
yes, I saw the video. It's his usual style of commentating as well. He hears/reads something somewhere (when it's basically common knowledge anyway already), and if it makes sense to him, he just brings it up as a fact.

djos

Wouter wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 12:08
djos wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 11:44
Thanks. If they announce the drivers lineup for 2025 than the negotiations must bo done already so I don't believe what Ric says about that.

"He says as far as he knows he is completing this season - but he also conceded that anything might happen..."

How can he know he is completing this season when there were no negotiations? And anything might happen ........?
Clearly his contract is for the season, with RedBull, to drive for RB.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 12:31
Clearly his contract is for the season, with RedBull, to drive for RB.
Red Bull offered Ricciardo a contract starting 2023 as a Red Bull reserve driver, carrying out simulator duties and marketing duties
to regain his confidence after McLaren fired him very early. When Nyck de Vries didn't live up to expectations,
Horner loaned him to AlphaTauri until they could find a permanent replacement for Nyck.
That's what Horner said at the time. I assume he'll just continue to fulfil those roles for Red Bull.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

I have no idea what he is saying because the sound is very low. Maybe someone can tell me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facing the media on Thursday in Singapore, Ricciardo confirmed that he expecting a decision related to F1 2025
– and believes that he will remain with VCARB for the rest of the current season.

He said: “Let’s say my first expectation is about next year, so that’s where I’m at at the moment.

“Obviously, I can’t give too many details, but in terms of contract our dates pretty much come into this window now, so basically I do expect a yes or a no for ’25.

“I’m aware of some some talk and speculation about the rest of the season but that, for me, at the moment, I’m unaware of.

“The decision, I expect is for next year, but obviously crazy things have happened in the sport.

“I’m also not going to stand here too boastful and confident [about staying put for the rest of 2024].

“I believe I will be, but let’s obviously see.”

Asked directly if Singapore could prove to be his final F1 appearance, he replied: “I don’t think so, but I also don’t want to stand here
and be the lawyer.

“Look, I would say no, but also we know how this sport works. People have not seen through a season before, so it’s nothing new in some ways.

“I don’t want to also be like: ‘Oh no. 100 per cent [safe], I’ll bet all my house on it.’

“I’ve been around too long.”
The Power of Dreams!