2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jofs89
jofs89

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

quincalla wrote:
17 Sep 2024, 22:56
Updated this thing with the last two races.
https://i.imgur.com/cdgFkVV.png
That does the vertical axis represent? % from pole?

quincalla
quincalla

jofs89 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 16:11
quincalla wrote:
% to fastest race pace on the same strategy.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Miquel tweeted that there will be no perfomance updates for Singapore, just circuit specific stuff.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

3 months until they bring other updates, and i think they tried to introduce those upgrade in Singapore, so, unfortunetely they cant, they would have a month to study data and improve that if they put on the car this wekend. Sadly i dont expect to much after last year and until now, i see the future, bring the updates to Austin, be P10 and P12 in the Qualy and say it " we need learn about the upgrades" i dont trust anymore.

jofs89
jofs89

quincalla wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 19:36
jofs89 wrote:
18 Sep 2024, 16:11
quincalla wrote:
% to fastest race pace on the same strategy.
Thanks. Interesting.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Austin it is then. It is a sprint weekend but at least parc ferme rules are a bit less restrictive now.

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 20:15
It’s ironic that, in 2020, Max’s talent was a contributory cause to the problem we had,” he remarked.

“He has an ability to control this sort of instability that would be impossible for some others. We know that sometimes, making a car on the edge in this way can create a quicker car – and you don’t realise you went in the wrong direction because you are still extracting more lap time from the car.

“But you don’t realise at first it’s only because he has so much talent. So you keep going in this direction but you go too far and it takes you a few months to come back from that and realise you’d gone in the wrong direction.

“The system is so big that to rethink the aero surfaces of the car and remake them, it was a long and painful process.
Very interesting. Something similar has also been said in the past about drivers like Alonso who have the ability to drive around problems, which makes it more difficult to recognise what these problems are. In a way, they are too good for their own good. AM then said that's why Lance's feedback was important (which may be PR, but considering Checo was right, it makes some sense).

zoroastar

KimiRai wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 01:05
organic wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 20:15
It’s ironic that, in 2020, Max’s talent was a contributory cause to the problem we had,” he remarked.

“He has an ability to control this sort of instability that would be impossible for some others. We know that sometimes, making a car on the edge in this way can create a quicker car – and you don’t realise you went in the wrong direction because you are still extracting more lap time from the car.

“But you don’t realise at first it’s only because he has so much talent. So you keep going in this direction but you go too far and it takes you a few months to come back from that and realise you’d gone in the wrong direction.

“The system is so big that to rethink the aero surfaces of the car and remake them, it was a long and painful process.
Very interesting. Something similar has also been said in the past about drivers like Alonso who have the ability to drive around problems, which makes it more difficult to recognise what these problems are. In a way, they are too good for their own good. AM then said that's why Lance's feedback was important (which may be PR, but considering Checo was right, it makes some sense).
that was the reason alonso was saying they needed lance back with his broken wrist last year in testing.