2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zibby43
zibby43

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

GrizzleBoy wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 22:32
I have no idea why they bothered qith this livery. Looks very pedestrian. Looks like they actually didnt bother. Maybe thats the problem.

The team has checked out.
I think it looks fantastic. YMMV.

SKYnRacing24

DRS wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 22:42
PlatinumZealot wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 22:17
DRS wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 11:18

As much as I love him, that's why for me he can never be the GOAT. Lewis just has too many weekends where he's not at the races, Max might have one or two tops, the same for prime Schumacher, Senna, etc.
Lol. You know whats funny? You fall into the same set of people Papaya fan is talking about!

Lewis is actually the most consitent driver if going by data. It's just that his off days are scrutinized more than any other.

All the people you mentioned above had and do have their crappy days, and had many clumsy drives when the car was not there for them or old age, rankled by rival drivers etc. Just as much, if not more.

For me, Lewis is the GOAT considering his abilities inside the car, outside the car, wet weather, qualifying, race pace, overtaking, clean racing, politically agnostic, being welcoming to fans and rookies etc. It's hard to find another champion with as much balance in their qualities.
He really isn't, how often did you see Senna, Schumacher, Verstappen, etc lost for pace and missing for the weekend. Yes they made some costly errors but apart from an elderly Schumacher who'd been out of the sport for 3 years they seldom struggled for pace. I just don't think Hamilton has that out and out speed to be classed in their league.
Yawn.

So you think he's fluked his way all these years huh. No stunning drives, No flash Qualy laps, No inter team battles with top team mates. No championship battles etc You have to be a complete hater to think he's not been one of the best in the sport. I really can't stand these arguments because there petty and trivial. You can't be in this sport from 2007 - 2024 with the credentials he has and not put him in the top elite with those 3 you mentioned. Even at his old man age he's still kept in there with these topsy turvy Merc cars with a competitive team mate alongside.

Either your trolling or your need to do your research mate.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

PlatinumZealot

DRS wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
DRS wrote:

As much as I love him, that's why for me he can never be the GOAT. Lewis just has too many weekends where he's not at the races, Max might have one or two tops, the same for prime Schumacher, Senna, etc.
Lol. You know whats funny? You fall into the same set of people Papaya fan is talking about!

Lewis is actually the most consitent driver if going by data. It's just that his off days are scrutinized more than any other.

All the people you mentioned above had and do have their crappy days, and had many clumsy drives when the car was not there for them or old age, rankled by rival drivers etc. Just as much, if not more.

For me, Lewis is the GOAT considering his abilities inside the car, outside the car, wet weather, qualifying, race pace, overtaking, clean racing, politically agnostic, being welcoming to fans and rookies etc. It's hard to find another champion with as much balance in their qualities.
He really isn't, how often did you see Senna, Schumacher, Verstappen, etc lost for pace and missing for the weekend. Yes they made some costly errors but apart from an elderly Schumacher who'd been out of the sport for 3 years they seldom struggled for pace. I just don't think Hamilton has that out and out speed to be classed in their league.
Max rookie season doesn't compare. Max took too long to dispatch Sainz and Ricciardo. And he has always gotten preferential treatment.. That alone rules him out of the running.

Anyway why is Max mentioned so much in this thread? :shock:

Hope he is not mentioned at all in Ferrari 2025 thread! [-o<
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

Hamitlon explaims the broken suspensiom part.. It almost went unnoticed (according to plan?)

https://www.racefans.net/2024/09/19/ham ... u-weekend/
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Dunlay
Dunlay

PlatinumZealot wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 03:21
Hamitlon explaims the broken suspensiom part.. It almost went unnoticed (according to plan?)

https://www.racefans.net/2024/09/19/ham ... u-weekend/
“The last race, I was like ‘I love the car, don’t change it too much’. The really, really small changes that I made – one of the components – did completely the opposite of what it’s supposed to do and we didn’t find out until the end of the day.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Isn't he just saying that a change simply didn't pan out? That's different something being physically broken.

Luscion
Luscion

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 04:31
Isn't he just saying that a change simply didn't pan out? That's different something being physically broken.
i think the component was broken so it didnt do what it was supposed to do and they only found out after quali

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 04:31
His literal words from the race weekend was that the part "wasnt built properly", so id take his answer here as trying to be kind to the team while still telling the truth.

Jurgen von Diaz

PlatinumZealot wrote:
DRS wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Max rookie season doesn't compare. Max took too long to dispatch Sainz and Ricciardo. And he has always gotten preferential treatment.. That alone rules him out of the running.

Anyway why is Max mentioned so much in this thread? :shock:

Hope he is not mentioned at all in Ferrari 2025 thread! [-o<
Rookie Max was a child when he beat Sainz with only 1 year of single-seater experience and a limited winter test session. 22-years old Hamilton on the other hand, had 6 years of single-seaters and unlimited testing before his rookie season. So yes, their rookie seasons are hard to compare, but Hamilton's rookie season against Alonso was great although Hamilton received Ron Dennis's preferential treatment.

proteus

PlatinumZealot wrote:
DRS wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:
19 Sep 2024, 09:39

Remember 2011? There were several race weekends where Lewis wasn't happy with the car and that is why Button ended up beating him that season.

This is not new from Lewis.

I suspect most drivers are just the same, but because it's Lewis (same with Max) the media picks up on it a lot more and so it APPEARS that they complain more.

He is definetly in top 10 of all time, and at his age he is still at the top of the current drivers. His off track escspades are a completely different story though, and he really got sour for me with his weird statements and behaviour and other things. He does know how to play on the tunes of modern trends though.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

KimiRai
KimiRai

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 08:01
Rookie Max was a child when he beat Sainz with only 1 year of single-seater experience and a limited winter test session. 22-years old Hamilton on the other hand, had 6 years of single-seaters and unlimited testing before his rookie season. So yes, their rookie seasons are hard to compare, but Hamilton's rookie season against Alonso was great although Hamilton received Ron Dennis's preferential treatment.
Saying Hamilton's rookie season was "great" is a big understament. It was one of the best, if not the best rookie season in history and this is coming from an Alonso fan. He almost won the world championship for god's sake, regardless of the 2007 controversy.

The greatest usually have impressive rookie seasons and with the right car they are almost already there even as rookies. Like Max as you mentioned, or Alonso too had an impressive rookie season beating much faster cars at places like Barcelona, Indianapolis or Suzuka (Mark Hughes said he gave ratings every weekend and the final results was Michael first and Fernando second after the whole 2001 season) but because he had a Minardi it wasn't as noticeable. Those three are today's world champions on the grid.
Last edited by KimiRai on 20 Sep 2024, 09:12, edited 3 times in total.

Jurgen von Diaz

KimiRai wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Saying Hamilton's rookie season was "great" is a big understament. It was one of the best, if not the best rookie season in history and this is coming from an Alonso fan. He almost won the world championship for god's sake, regardless of the 2007 controversy.
Yes, it is the greatest rookie season of all time, but comparing it to what Max did in his rookie season, who was completely in a different situation, is unfair. If Hamilton had done his rookie season five years earlier like Max, would he have fought for the championship at the age of 17? I don't think so.

Rookies these days will not get Hamilton's experience and testing before their rookie season, and the rookies are doing their learning in F1, like Antonelli next season.

Vanja #66

Spa floor won't be used any more, but the car was still considerably off pace and had very bad balance even without it in Baku. Not sure what kind of deduction leads to conclusion that the floor is the only issue, but ok

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/trou ... /10655925/

Speaking about what happened in Baku with the old floor, Wolff said: “We still suffered from the same balance performance that we have on the new floor. So in Singapore, we still have the same one.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

DRS
DRS

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 08:49
KimiRai wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Yes, it is the greatest rookie season of all time, but comparing it to what Max did in his rookie season, who was completely in a different situation, is unfair. If Hamilton had done his rookie season five years earlier like Max, would he have fought for the championship at the age of 17? I don't think so.

Rookies these days will not get Hamilton's experience and testing before their rookie season, and the rookies are doing their learning in F1, like Antonelli next season.
Exactly, GP2 Lewis was waaay more experienced than the Max that entered F1 at 17. Just imagine a Max with the same experience as Lewis making his debut, he would have won the title.

ThumbsUp
ThumbsUp

Max didn’t jump cold into F1. He had many private tests from Red Bull with older F1 cars to prepare him for F1. So he was well prepared.

And come on guys, we are in the Mercedes team thread. Max isn’t a Mercedes driver. So could we please stop this Max is better than Lewis in here.