2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Chuckjr wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 08:14
Wait.
Don’t they have temperature probes that can tell them tire temps long before the driver leaves the pits, or is that just too much to ask of a highly technical F1 team spending hundreds of millions to win? WTF man. #-o SMDH.
FAIL
Charles race engineer had warned just as he left the pit that tires were colder. I think many factors played while Charles sat in garage, I noticed they were checking the Tyre blanket on the front left if I recall correctly like plugging back and forth the wire, I had a bad feeling back then. I feel like everything that can go wrong for them in q3 went wrong. also pinning everything on team while leaving out driver misstep is wrong, carols didn't need to be so what looked like carless at the very start, and Charles could have been bit easier in turn 1 which is where you get most track limit violation anyway maybe built up the temp from sector 1 still had pace to be higher than where he ended in p9,. that's my novice take..

yooogurt

FORZA FERRARI!

search

I wouldn't think it's a problem, they just seem to switch the blankets on/off to regulate tire temperature. The red flag disrupted the normal procedures, and they didn't perfectly adapt to it.

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

search wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 09:59
I wouldn't think it's a problem, they just seem to switch the blankets on/off to regulate tire temperature. The red flag disrupted the normal procedures, and they didn't perfectly adapt to it.
The temperature is regulated by a thermostatic control box.

https://www.racecar-engineering.com/tec ... kets-work/

venkyhere
venkyhere

search wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 09:59
the other teams didn't have a problem 'adapting' to it. What is there to 'adapt' ? It's a heating coil (probably in a fluid), with a thermostat. What is there to 'manually adapt' ?

Vanja #66

Faulty equipment never happened in an F1 weekend in these 75 seasons?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

formula uno:
At the beginning of the lap the tires began to lack temperature, but the first sector passed very slowly, taking a significant space from the movement of Alonso : the tires abruptly collapsed and could not return to temperature in time without loading them. Leclerc missed by only 2/3 degrees at the start of the lap, but it was enough to cause understeer. Nevertheless, the tire temperature at the garage exit was 70 degrees and there were no technical problems. The timing of the exit forced Leclerc to manage traffic far from perfectly.

Sainz's accident is also explained by insufficient tire temperature: compared to the previous round the Spaniard came out of the corner at 10-15 km / h less, but found himself in the wall even before the beginning of the circle. Moreover, Carlos approached the corner on a more internal trajectory than on the previous laps, collecting dirt - the combination of all factors led to the accident.
FORZA FERRARI!

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

yooogurt wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 11:22
formula uno:
At the beginning of the lap the tires began to lack temperature, but the first sector passed very slowly, taking a significant space from the movement of Alonso : the tires abruptly collapsed and could not return to temperature in time without loading them. Leclerc missed by only 2/3 degrees at the start of the lap, but it was enough to cause understeer. Nevertheless, the tire temperature at the garage exit was 70 degrees and there were no technical problems. The timing of the exit forced Leclerc to manage traffic far from perfectly.

Sainz's accident is also explained by insufficient tire temperature: compared to the previous round the Spaniard came out of the corner at 10-15 km / h less, but found himself in the wall even before the beginning of the circle. Moreover, Carlos approached the corner on a more internal trajectory than on the previous laps, collecting dirt - the combination of all factors led to the accident.
damn the margin are so small, we should keep our expectation for Las Vegas really low then..

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

yooogurt wrote:
formula uno:

According to this, there was nothing wrong with the tire blankets. 70 C is the max temp allowed by regulation.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 22 Sep 2024, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

yooogurt

Fakepivot wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 12:01
damn the margin are so small, we should keep our expectation for Las Vegas really low then..
Albano:
"Forgive a small rant: technically telling the #Formula1 story with such extreme dependence on tires has become honestly unpleasant. I stopped trying to calculate PU powers because nothing changes anyway. In many of the last races the cars with less load had more grip than the ones with more load because they hit the temperature window better.... Today instead of watching Leclerc's lap again to understand strengths or weaknesses, I spent 5 minutes watching the outlaps at 80 mph...
The public rightly asking me questions, asking why things are happening, and then a #Mercedes driver saying that you can't understand anything and that the tires are “black magic,” the driver and the #Ferrari TP “arguing” remotely about tire temperatures, the track engineer saying over the radio “I don't have any answers”... they don't have any... imagine us... "
FORZA FERRARI!

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 12:14
yooogurt wrote:
formula uno:

According to this, there was nothing wrong with the tire blankets. 70 C is the max temp allowed by regulation.
pure PR by Duchessa, he's become the official twitter Ferrari spokeperson.

yooogurt

Sergej wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 12:22
It's better for the PR to blame it on equipment failure rather than team/pilot error, no?
FORZA FERRARI!

Sergej
Sergej

yooogurt wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 12:29
Sergej wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 12:22
It's better for the PR to blame it on equipment failure rather than team/pilot error, no?
eventually he blamed the traffic and lap preparation (which is on driver), blaming the equipment is blaming Ferrari as a team/brand, he doesn't want to do that.