2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

I just saw an interview with Daniel, he said the medium tires were great in FP3, but the soft tires in FP3 and qualifying didn’t work as well as they had on Friday, and the car setup was essentially unchanged.

Quite a few drivers seemed really unhappy with the soft tires not being consistent across sets. Apparently Pirelli were particularly upset by George being extra blunt.

Perez also said “I think we had good preparation through Q1, but in Q2 there was something going funny with the tyres,” he told the official F1 channel.
"In downforce we trust"

Joshua266
Joshua266

djos wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 05:14
I just saw an interview with Daniel, he said the medium tires were great in FP3, but the soft tires in FP3 and qualifying didn’t work as well as they had on Friday, and the car setup was essentially unchanged.

Quite a few drivers seemed really unhappy with the soft tires not being consistent across sets. Apparently Pirelli were particularly upset by George being extra blunt.

Perez also said “I think we had good preparation through Q1, but in Q2 there was something going funny with the tyres,” he told the official F1 channel.
Daniel's comments regarding the tires are interesting, particularly the fact that the mediums performed admirably in FP3 but the softs showed uneven performance. Perez believed to have been among the drivers impacted by this volatility. Pirelli obviously has some problems, as evidenced by George's frank remarks, which brought out their annoyance. In Formula One, tire performance always changes the game, and these discrepancies can have a significant effect on qualifying tactics and race results.

djos

Joshua266 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 10:41
djos wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 05:14

Daniel's comments regarding the tires are interesting, particularly the fact that the mediums performed admirably in FP3 but the softs showed uneven performance. Perez believed to have been among the drivers impacted by this volatility. Pirelli obviously has some problems, as evidenced by George's frank remarks, which brought out their annoyance. In Formula One, tire performance always changes the game, and these discrepancies can have a significant effect on qualifying tactics and race results.
George was on the radio complaining about the tires in iirc Q1 - it definitely says something when he’s complaining about it despite having a sit down with Pirelli after Baku.

This isn’t the first time drivers have complained about Pirelli batches being different quality despite being the same compound. It really seemed to hamper braking performance for Daniel.

On Friday, there was barely 1/10th between Daniel and Yuki, then suddenly 3-4ths on Saturday.

Edit: I found George’s quote;
“I don’t understand these bloody tyres,” he said on his radio during Q1. “I don’t understand how we lose eight tenths one session to the next. So different.”
https://www.racefans.net/2024/09/22/pir ... omplaints/
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

While speaking to Sky Sports, Horner was asked whether it would be the last race in F1 for Ricciardo, and the British team boss did not squash any of the rumours: "Look, these things are under constant review and there is obviously a much bigger picture other than just Daniel as we continue to look at all of our options as we move forward."

Horner continued on by saying why Red Bull and RB will be having these talks over their driver lineup: "There's a natural break coming with effectively almost a month's gap to the next race, so it's only natural that we all take stock and consider all of those options for the final part of the year." [??? They never do and did that!]

Many wonder why Red Bull and the Racing Bulls team are replacing Ricciardo with Lawson so quickly, right after the race in Singapore. A big reason has been rumoured to be that Lawson is contractually obligated to be promoted to Formula 1 by mid-September; otherwise, he is free to leave the Austrian team.

Horner was posed that question, but the team boss did not entertain it: "I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of drivers contracts. There's privacy there. Liam, the job he did for us in the VCARB car last year, was very impressive. Now, we took experience [for 2024] over that because Daniel was our banker if Sergio [Perez] were to drop the ball.

"Daniel's had a reasonable season, but it hasn't been a stellar year. Now, the question is, how good is Liam?
And sometimes, difficult decisions have to be made in order to get those answers. Now, we'll sit down with all of those options available to us during this next three-week gap," concluded Horner.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/302872/h ... -made.html
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 12:18
While speaking to Sky Sports, Horner was asked whether it would be the last race in F1 for Ricciardo, and the British team boss did not squash any of the rumours: "Look, these things are under constant review and there is obviously a much bigger picture other than just Daniel as we continue to look at all of our options as we move forward."

Horner continued on by saying why Red Bull and RB will be having these talks over their driver lineup: "There's a natural break coming with effectively almost a month's gap to the next race, so it's only natural that we all take stock and consider all of those options for the final part of the year." [??? They never do and did that!]

Many wonder why Red Bull and the Racing Bulls team are replacing Ricciardo with Lawson so quickly, right after the race in Singapore. A big reason has been rumoured to be that Lawson is contractually obligated to be promoted to Formula 1 by mid-September; otherwise, he is free to leave the Austrian team.

Horner was posed that question, but the team boss did not entertain it: "I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of drivers contracts. There's privacy there. Liam, the job he did for us in the VCARB car last year, was very impressive. Now, we took experience [for 2024] over that because Daniel was our banker if Sergio [Perez] were to drop the ball.

"Daniel's had a reasonable season, but it hasn't been a stellar year. Now, the question is, how good is Liam?
And sometimes, difficult decisions have to be made in order to get those answers. Now, we'll sit down with all of those options available to us during this next three-week gap," concluded Horner.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/302872/h ... -made.html
I saw that interview before qually, he was on the fence about every Daniel / Liam question.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

OMG, what a bad strategy again, as always. They have to make a 2 stopper!!
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Soft tyres for Tsunoda and there is still half the race to go. This team is pathetic. The whole season has been bad strategies by both drivers. And the older know that this strategy problem has been going on for years and years.

ispano6

Amazing pace from Yuki on softs on that super stint. Again, the team could helped qualify higher and undercut like Sainz....Closed a 20sec gap to Colapinto. Team should listen to Yuki and let him call the shots for a change. Yuki is great on tires.

Bill
Bill

HPD wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:04
Soft tyres for Tsunoda and there is still half the race to go. This team is pathetic. The whole season has been bad strategies by both drivers. And the older know that this strategy problem has been going on for years and years.
His pace was epic he pulled a 30 second gap on ocon .the problem he was far behind the likes of perez.soft tires are made for street tracks.

mendis
mendis

Thank you Ric for all those entertaining moments in F1. You did well. Have a great time in life. =D>

Bill
Bill

with two ferrari behind and a redbull it was always going to be a challenge to score point so i dont understand why people are angry on social media.yuki played it too safe after being crashed into at 2 races before.

ispano6

His start was terrible as usual but he was also ahead of Sainz before the pits. The team could have pitted Yuki right after.

chrisc90

Dannys interview with Lawerence on F1TV was very very emotional.

We'll miss you Danny

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

This is just unnecessarily brutal way to let a driver go, let him have the peace of mind, let him have a "final race" where he gets to bow out with some dignity. He absolutely deserves a worthy exit from the sport, he's a winner.

ispano6

There are 6 races left and if Liam is guaranteed 5 then there is 1 race left for Dan to take as his finale in Abu Dhabi.