2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ToffeeTyres
ToffeeTyres

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

mendis wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:36
Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:22
mendis wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:18
Russell was stuck behind him as it's not possible to overtake early in the race, hoping Ham would push, which he never did. As he simply didn't have any pace later in the stint and blocking Russsell, he had to be pulled in.
after Russell came over the radio saying Lewis should probably go faster he was told to slow down, think of the long term and to start managing his tires because he was already starting to destroy them
No, there was no such radio call as I was watching Russell's onboard. They wanted him to manage the tyres, as with everyone else, not because he was destroying them.
He would have destroyed them if he carried on the way he was hence the call to chill out. Russell always melts his tyres he needed that call to tell him because he doesn’t know how to
Last edited by ToffeeTyres on 22 Sep 2024, 16:39, edited 2 times in total.

Luscion
Luscion

mendis wrote:
Luscion wrote:
mendis wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:18
Russell was stuck behind him as it's not possible to overtake early in the race, hoping Ham would push, which he never did. As he simply didn't have any pace later in the stint and blocking Russsell, he had to be pulled in.
after Russell came over the radio saying Lewis should probably go faster he was told to slow down, think of the long term and to start managing his tires because he was already starting to destroy them
No, there was no such radio call as I was watching Russell's onboard. They wanted him to manage the tyres, as with everyone else, not because he was destroying them.
Marcus told him he needed to stop pushing because his rears were starting to go off

Luscion
Luscion

Quantum wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:34
Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:32
Quantum wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:28

What's anti Ham?
Is he not part of his own race strategy calls? That's a big assertion there.

Or was Sainz not told to move over for Leclerc? That will be Hamilton next year in that circumstance. I think Hamilton fans should ready themselves for these things and that's not being negative. It literally happened today.
I dont know what Sainz moving over for Leclerc has to do with Lewis, Leclerc was one of the fastest cars on track closing in on the Mercs. Charles had 19 lap fresher hards than Lewis and 23 lap newer than Sainz. in no world was Sainz going to be a challenge for Charles so they just had him move over once he caught up
Lewis will be taking Sainz seat. And will find himself in these situations. Pretty straightforward.
Lewis has swapped on team orders with George multiple times already, its nothing new dont know why your saying it like it will be at Ferrari

mendis
mendis

Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:38
mendis wrote:
Luscion wrote:

Marcus told him he needed to stop pushing because his rears were starting to go off
He was pushing because he felt Ham wasn't pushing ahead and losing touch with Max. Ham has his own plan to manage his tyres that was slowing Russell down. Because Ham wasn't pushing and Russell was sitting close behind, his engineer was asking him to manage the gap and take care of tyres.

mendis
mendis

ToffeeTyres wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:38
mendis wrote:
Luscion wrote:

He would have destroyed them if he carried on the way he was hence the call to chill out. Russell always melts his tyres he needed that call to tell him because he doesn’t know how to
Statistically, he has the better race pace of the two Mercedes drivers. I don't where does this notion comes that he "melts" his tyres. Once in a while when everything goes well, Ham has slightly better race pace, but that's not every weekend. Remember, he managed a one stop in Spa, taking care of his tyres and holding off Ham, regradless of the outcome of the race. He did supremely well there.

Wasted opportunity, could’ve had a 3 / 4 with HAM at the head of the snake managing pace & compressing the field.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

ToffeeTyres
ToffeeTyres

No media pen duties for either driver. I’m guessing they well especially Lewis will be peed off big time after that shambles

j_ste
j_ste

Toto stopped them from talking to media?

Milestone 350th race…Lewis will have had much tougher (physically) races than that one. He was OAP’ing it home at the end.
Last edited by j_ste on 22 Sep 2024, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

Quantum wrote:
Luscion wrote:
Quantum wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:28

What's anti Ham?
Is he not part of his own race strategy calls? That's a big assertion there.

Or was Sainz not told to move over for Leclerc? That will be Hamilton next year in that circumstance. I think Hamilton fans should ready themselves for these things and that's not being negative. It literally happened today.
I dont know what Sainz moving over for Leclerc has to do with Lewis, Leclerc was one of the fastest cars on track closing in on the Mercs. Charles had 19 lap fresher hards than Lewis and 23 lap newer than Sainz. in no world was Sainz going to be a challenge for Charles so they just had him move over once he caught up
Lewis will be taking Sainz seat. And will find himself in these situations. Pretty straightforward.
So Sainz's seat is a number 2 job role at Ferrari?
Strange . So are you saying Lewis signed up to be Leclerc's Number 2?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Quantum

Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:40
Quantum wrote:
Luscion wrote:

Lewis has swapped on team orders with George multiple times already, its nothing new dont know why your saying it like it will be at Ferrari
People complained then and accused Merc of favoritism. Again pretty straightforward why I'm saying it.
"Interplay of triads"

PlatinumZealot

214270 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:52
Wasted opportunity, could’ve had a 3 / 4 with HAM at the head of the snake managing pace & compressing the field.
Yup. Start both on mediums, compress the field in clean air for the first 20 laps, then bolt off the first driver into the distance to stretch out those behind who were sitting in the dirty air, then pit the lead driver first and then the second driver after that. That would have locked in the podium even if a safety car happens.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Quantum

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:09
Quantum wrote:
Luscion wrote:

So Sainz's seat is a number 2 job role at Ferrari?
Strange . So are you saying Lewis signed up to be Leclerc's Number 2?
Eh? Who said Lewis is number 2?
For that matter, who said Sainz is number 2?
Strange indeed.

I said Lewis will find himself in these situations. Do you disagree?
"Interplay of triads"

Luscion
Luscion

j_ste wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:08

Milestone 350th race…Lewis will have had much tougher (physically) races than that one. He was OAP’ing it home at the end.
its because the two of them are exhausted from the race. They'll give statements to the team afterwards

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:12
214270 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:52
Yup. Start both on mediums, compress the field in clean air for the first 20 laps, then bolt off the first driver into the distance to stretch out those behind who were sitting in the dirty air, then pit the lead driver first and then the second driver after that. That would have locked in the podium even if a safety car happens.
All that matters is that the person leaving the team is not their highest scoring driver.

Looks bad sponsor/shareholder-wise.

j_ste
j_ste

Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:15
j_ste wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 17:08

its because the two of them are exhausted from the race. They'll give statements to the team afterwards
Yeah, I’m not buying that. But employees will do as told…4 weeks to calm everything