2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

bananapeel23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 13:00
The current F2 field must be outrageously good given how well Bearman and Colapinto have performed after being hastily thrown into a seat and told to race. Their necks aren't ready. They have very little real F1 experience and little to no time to prepare, yet were immediately on the pace.

The crazy thing is that Bearman and Colapinto aren't even the best drivers in F2 this season. Colapinto isn't even the best F2 rookie, arguably not even top 3. I think he has already made it clear he deserves an F1 seat. If an F2 rookie that isn’t even top 3 is this good, just imagine how good someone like Bortoleto must be.

Surely this is the strongest F2 field ever? Maybe you could argue for 2018, but I don't think so.
Assuming you're not joking, no, F2 is just whacky this year, with heavy inconsistency and mixups in terms of what drivers or teams are able to gel with the new car at a given weekend.

It's frustrating in that it's nearly impossible to really read anything into this F2 field as a result.

Sevach
Sevach

.Bole wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 10:08
I think as f1uno pointed, our new fw doesnt flex as much as mclaren’s. Its first iteration, they probably went more conservative due to rules and having less experience with that stuff
With Ferrari's base setup being developed around a FW that "stays the same" around the entire lap, it makes sense not to go super aggressive with this at first, or you might end up with a different set of problems.

Typically the team would be somewhat front limited in slow corners, and well balanced in medium-high (provided the floor wasn't acting up) what they need is a wing that has a bit more on slower speeds and around the same pressure in medium-high.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Vanja #66 wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 10:03
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
23 Sep 2024, 00:41
All in all the outcome of the last two races is triggering me to no end. So annoying.
It was clear since Japan SF24 is too gentle with tyres in Q and they over-corrected this feature of SF23, but it wasn't a frustrating issue as it didn't cost them any wins realistically. Right now an easy win and a good shot at the win were lost because of tyre warm up and it would completely change the outlook of this season and obviously the WCC fight.

And people were angry that Cardille was let go so easily and Serra was recruited in his place last year :mrgreen:
They tend to overcorrect the failures of the predecessor, yeah. They went from SF70H (max downforce at all costs), to SF71H (a pretty balanced car), to SF90 (dragster). Then from F1-75 (on the draggier side) to SF23 (another dragster).

I was one of the people angry for letting him go mostly because Ferrari's track record after letting people go is suspect. And Cardile had a decent track record of cleaning up the mess he inherited from Sanchez. But it looks like it's working out for the team.